• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

So i turned lvl 12.

Took the advice from the facebook group and turned on airplane mode when claiming my reward so i can reset it if there is no god disc. Looking for a light / extra glide Recoil. So far i have been resetting the damn game for at least 100 times. No luck so far. I wouldnt wanna level all those 100 levels fbefore finding a driver. They need to rework how you get discs, this is an insane grind fest.

Last edited:
So i turned lvl 12.

Took the advice from the facebook group and turned on airplane mode when claiming my reward so i can reset it if there is no god disc. Looking for a light / extra glide Recoil. So far i have been resetting the damn game for at least 100 times. No luck so far. I wouldnt wanna level all those 100 levels fbefore finding a driver. They need to rework how you get discs, this is an insane grind fest.

Yeah screw that. Just keep playing the game if that's the case. It'll take just as long to do that every time as it would to play 10 multiplayer matches, and at least when you're playing you're enjoying yourself. I got my first Recoil at level 14 I think. It isn't as good as an extra glide Musket though unless you force a turnover on it. That's my experience at least.

Yeah screw that. Just keep playing the game if that's the case. It'll take just as long to do that every time as it would to play 10 multiplayer matches, and at least when you're playing you're enjoying yourself. I got my first Recoil at level 14 I think. It isn't as good as an extra glide Musket though unless you force a turnover on it. That's my experience at least.

Yeah i am gonna lvl at least to 21 to also bring the ballista into the rotataion. Just restarting the app all the time aint no fun ^^

It should eventually (in under 15 seconds unless you have dinosaur internet) have "Tap to Start" visible on that screen

Nope, I don't even get the disc golf valley text. Waited several minutes. Works with another gmail account on same device, so must be something on my account. I even deleted all my google play data, and tested several privacy settings but no luck.

Twice now I've played open tournaments only to have the game freeze and snap closed in the third and fourth rounds, respectively. When I get back in it says I'm done w my round but records a red dash.

My biggest quarantine achievement is getting all the stars available in challenge the valley. Haven't heard this idea of restarting/airplane mode. I'm lvl 15, and have 2 recoils (light & extra turn). I got one of them when I completed all the stars in challenge the valley. (Sorry if this is general knowledge... didn't read through the whole thread).

Only 1000 XP per level from level 10 to infinity

Thanks for your encouragement man! From a few pages back.... I've kept on playing, joined the facebook group etc.. Passed level 12 and got a wind break, extra turn Recoil, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Now I need to figure out how to play that island hole par 5 for an Eagle.. I think it's Lakeside hole #8.

edit: hole 9 Lakeside

You have to have perfect wind and perfect angle, but if you can land on the tiny island in the middle you can easily park it from there and drop in for eagle. It's not really worth the risk for one stroke though, because that hole is a gimme birdie if you lay up across the islands on the right with a Fuse.

Thanks for your encouragement man! From a few pages back.... I've kept on playing, joined the facebook group etc.. Passed level 12 and got a wind break, extra turn Recoil, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Now I need to figure out how to play that island hole par 5 for an Eagle.. I think it's Lakeside hole #8.

I don't try for the middle island.

With a slight tailwind, I lay up my Fuse as close to the edge of the first island on the right as I can - you can get home from there with a light/glide ballista and a tail wind

With a left to right cross/tail wind, you can reach the second island on the right with the same ballista - high risk though. It's an easy up and down for three from there if you can pull it off

Most times, though, it's best to go Fuse-Fuse along the islands on the right, Fuse or Explorer to the basket, take your 4 and move on

At the risk of blowing the top secret strategy (lol), I just realized that for the extreme short hyzer hole on Crow's Nest, with the mando immediately to your left off the tee, and the basket way down and to the left, instead of throwing one way up high with lots of hyzer and hoping not to land on the upper tier, you can just take any big skip disc and throw it almost straight into the cliff face, and have at most a 60 foot flat putt after it skips onto the green. There are even some funky skippy aces that could randomly happen this way, though very unlikely.

At the risk of blowing the top secret strategy (lol), I just realized that for the extreme short hyzer hole on Crow's Nest, with the mando immediately to your left off the tee, and the basket way down and to the left, instead of throwing one way up high with lots of hyzer and hoping not to land on the upper tier, you can just take any big skip disc and throw it almost straight into the cliff face, and have at most a 60 foot flat putt after it skips onto the green. There are even some funky skippy aces that could randomly happen this way, though very unlikely.

That is absolutely the way to play that hole. I've never aced it though, not even screwing around in an open round

I've come to feel the best attribute is "Accurate." I don't have any accurate distance drivers yet, level 32 now.

Bag:

Pure: Accurate, Sticky (Sticky seems extremely important for catching chains on slightly errant throw-ins)
Compass: Accurate, Heavy (This one is for the 'tweeners, gets plenty of use as a straight brick)
Explorer: Accurate, Extra Glide (The workhorse of the bag, very diverse because of its accuracy at distance)
Musket: Accurate, Big Skip (Just trying this out, flex slot and open to suggestion!)
Ballista: Light, Big Skip (High variance, but makes me lots of eagles along with OBs)
Ballista: Wind Break, Extra Fade (Surprisingly accurate, but not often that useful)

What I want:

Any "Accurate" Ballista. Extra Glide, Wind Break, or Heavy would probably be fine paired with "Accurate."
An "Accurate" and "Big Skip" Ballista for the insane things it would do.

I've come to feel the best attribute is "Accurate." I don't have any accurate distance drivers yet, level 32 now.

Bag:

Pure: Accurate, Sticky (Sticky seems extremely important for catching chains on slightly errant throw-ins)
Compass: Accurate, Heavy (This one is for the 'tweeners, gets plenty of use as a straight brick)
Explorer: Accurate, Extra Glide (The workhorse of the bag, very diverse because of its accuracy at distance)
Musket: Accurate, Big Skip (Just trying this out, flex slot and open to suggestion!)
Ballista: Light, Big Skip (High variance, but makes me lots of eagles along with OBs)
Ballista: Wind Break, Extra Fade (Surprisingly accurate, but not often that useful)

What I want:

Any "Accurate" Ballista. Extra Glide, Wind Break, or Heavy would probably be fine paired with "Accurate."
An "Accurate" and "Big Skip" Ballista for the insane things it would do.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but "Accurate" is not an available attribute on the two distance drivers.

There's a reason that all the top players have that attribute on every disc they can though - you definitely called that right!

Last edited:
picture.php

I've come to feel the best attribute is "Accurate."

The second best is "Wind Break" (basically cuts the effect of wind in half).

The Wind Break/Accurate Fuse and Explorer are both "must bag" discs. You can really put both of them anywhere you want. Plus, I counted one time and, out of the 68 holes in the game, one of these two is the preferred disc off the tee for close to 40 of them.

A lot of people also have the Wind/Accurate Musket, but I prefer the Extra Glide because (for me) it bridges the distance gap between the Explorer and Ballistas a little better

Incidentally, the order of the two attributes on any disc makes no difference.

Last edited:

Latest posts