• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Thread (Part II)

I got a sneak peek of the reinvented MD5. It will be well received… not for anyone who loved the shape of the old mold, but the new flight and feel are exactly as needed.

yeah from the videos ive seen its looking pretty good

Niklas Anttila Signature Series PD Nordic Phenom 2 will be revealed in near future. It will be in Horizon plastic. Niklas was spotted in Tampere, Finland filming an ad for the disc.

Also I am wondering what discs Discmania will be revealing during European Open and European Amateur Open. Last year they gave away Creator Series Cloud Breakers and C-line FD3s. Metal Flake FD3 was a fundraiser disc for last years tournament, so maybe C/S-line MD5 this year?

Niklas Anttila Signature Series PD Nordic Phenom 2 will be revealed in near future. It will be in Horizon plastic. Niklas was spotted in Tampere, Finland filming an ad for the disc.

Also I am wondering what discs Discmania will be revealing during European Open and European Amateur Open. Last year they gave away Creator Series Cloud Breakers and C-line FD3s. Metal Flake FD3 was a fundraiser disc for last years tournament, so maybe C/S-line MD5 this year?

I still like swirly S better than Horizon, but yep.
https://www.discmania.net/products/preorder-niklas-anttila-signature-series-horizon-s-line-pd-2023-konopiste-open

Also rumors of Horizon MD1 already hitting store shelves.

I'm sure this information is out there but I thought I'd ask the experts. I've never really thrown any form of DD3's before but have really taken a liking to the new stock S-Line as well as the S-Blend Cloudbreaker. What is the deal with the Cloudbreaker now? Is it a mold on it'd own that will be in stock from now on or is it a limited run thing? Same question for the Horizon Cloudbreaker.

I don't mind paying the extra cost for the Cloudbreakers, but I'm not interested in chasing limited runs.

I'm sure this information is out there but I thought I'd ask the experts. I've never really thrown any form of DD3's before but have really taken a liking to the new stock S-Line as well as the S-Blend Cloudbreaker. What is the deal with the Cloudbreaker now? Is it a mold on it'd own that will be in stock from now on or is it a limited run thing? Same question for the Horizon Cloudbreaker.

I don't mind paying the extra cost for the Cloudbreakers, but I'm not interested in chasing limited runs.

The "Creator Series Cloudbreaker" (whether swirly or horizon) is a tweaked mold off the DD3. The swirly Cloudbreaker 3 immediately before those was still a DD3. You might buy several current stock S-line DD3 because rumors are they came out less stable than Discmania intended. I haven't thrown the horizon Cloudbreaker, but I hear it's beefier than the swirly.

Right now I'm loving the horizon DD1, a beat up swirly S Cloudbreaker and the S-one DD3s. Any one of those could be my longest disc depending on how well I do.

The "Creator Series Cloudbreaker" (whether swirly or horizon) is a tweaked mold off the DD3.

And does this mean they will keep restocking them like any other of their molds, or is it still gonna be a limited run thing?

You might buy several current stock S-line DD3 because rumors are they came out less stable than Discmania intended.

Already on it! xD

And does this mean they will keep restocking them like any other of their molds, or is it still gonna be a limited run thing?

Yes. From now on the Cloudbreaker is its own mold for special releases. At the moment it's been in constant stock in one version or another.

I threw two new Horizon Cloudbreakers as well as a new regular S-blend Cloudbreaker today in the field. From what I've read the Horizon was supposed to be beefcakes and the S-blends a bit more mellow. This was not the case for the discs I threw. The S-blend was definitely more OS, not anything ridiculous at all but I didn't really see any turn with 450' power and it fought out of an anhyzer quicker compared to the Horizons. The Horizons also had more glide and flew longer. If I smacked the Horizon on a slight anhyzer it would hold it almost to the ground with just a small fight back in the end.

I really liked the Horizons, they felt very workable.

Update on the DD1:
Been bagging it a fair amount, starting to break in a little bit, but decided to take a break for a few rounds and throw a Shryke instead for my max distance disc.

Took the DD1 back out yesterday, and smashed chains from 360ft on a wooded flex line(but spat out centerpole). Now that I am starting to get a touch of turn on my DD1s I am fully reinvested in them and I think they will be great for people in the 350-425ft range.

Update on the DD1:
Been bagging it a fair amount, starting to break in a little bit, but decided to take a break for a few rounds and throw a Shryke instead for my max distance disc.

Took the DD1 back out yesterday, and smashed chains from 360ft on a wooded flex line(but spat out centerpole). Now that I am starting to get a touch of turn on my DD1s I am fully reinvested in them and I think they will be great for people in the 350-425ft range.

I agree, and I think it's right up there with the venerable Wraith in this regard. The Horizon + S-Line make a great combination, although I do keep a Cloudbreaker in the bag for really stiff headwinds and/or sidearms.

I'd love to see something really flippy added to the Evolution or Originals line in this speed range, something along the lines of 11/6/-3/1.

I saw a blue P1X in the used section with dog bites that didn't puncture all the way through. Thoughts? I know it's technically a legal disc.

Also, can anyone compare a Link with a P1x?
A Link feels the same in the hand to me, but it fades more quickly when it slows down. The Link is more stable.
A P1x / Xero will fly straighter longer so I can aim straight at the basket (without having to correct for the fade) almost to edge of circle. The Link has me adjusting my aiming point past about 20-25'.

I got a sneak peek of the reinvented MD5. It will be well received… not for anyone who loved the shape of the old mold, but the new flight and feel are exactly as needed.
Interested in your thoughts on how the new and old MD5 flights compare. How are they similar and how are they different?

I didn't ever have an Innova MD5, but I did bag a Gator for a while. If those were truly the same mold, it's more dumpy and less glide than the new MD5.

Has there been any news about a C-Line release for the DD1? Would like to have a beefy version of this disc if possible to bookend a cycle.

The special blend S-line CD1 "Zeta's Moon" released today is something you wont want to sleep on. If you were a fan of the S-line CD2s, this is your bread and butter. I didnt think I still had it in me to throw long straight shots and turnovers with such ease, but this disc made me a believer again.

Latest posts