• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Discs that will never turn

OK so per the 6 pages now there are a lot of options for that absurdly OS option that won't turn when thrown on an airshot, and furthermore may border on "useless OS" where you might as well throw something with a little glide for some extra skip etc.

I wonder though, what is the best overall option for pulling off relatively useful pocket OS trick shots? For example, I prefer to bag a very mellow Firebird for air shots, and they offer more than enough stability for me on a calm day. However, I find that a "mellow" firebird does not perform nearly as well or predictably as for example a FAF firebird on trick shots - forehand rollers, low skips, and particularly thumbers and grenades (1 or 2 per round for any of the above if that). So far I have found the Justice to be pretty similar to a FAF firebird in stability, just a little less likely to get away from you on upshots to dicey greens.

Favorite useful absurdly OS option?

I throw Star and Champion Eagles that are very overstable. Takes a long time to see any sort of turn to them.

Funny, my champ Eagle is brand new, and I can get a bit of turn when I REALLY rip on it, but my Star Eagle is just a laserbeam with a hard fade. Thought the Champ would be more overstable than the star.

OK so per the 6 pages now there are a lot of options for that absurdly OS option that won't turn when thrown on an airshot, and furthermore may border on "useless OS" where you might as well throw something with a little glide for some extra skip etc.

I wonder though, what is the best overall option for pulling off relatively useful pocket OS trick shots? For example, I prefer to bag a very mellow Firebird for air shots, and they offer more than enough stability for me on a calm day. However, I find that a "mellow" firebird does not perform nearly as well or predictably as for example a FAF firebird on trick shots - forehand rollers, low skips, and particularly thumbers and grenades (1 or 2 per round for any of the above if that). So far I have found the Justice to be pretty similar to a FAF firebird in stability, just a little less likely to get away from you on upshots to dicey greens.

DGA Quake or Discraft Drone. I love my Zones but I don't consider them absurdly OS.

If we're being honest, a Star Destroyer fits this bill for 90% of players

Does not pan, excellent FH roller disc though.

Maybe throw it at 1 o'clock to get pan and max d. I was kind of wondering because I threw a Stego before BH and it flew like Drew Gibsons throws only about half of that. :|

I should get one just for FH rollers.

DGA Quake or Discraft Drone. I love my Zones but I don't consider them absurdly OS.

If we're being honest, a Star Destroyer fits this bill for 90% of players

Also Depends on the type of Destroyer the person gets, many of them very wildly and the Star is most Wild due to popularity and versions made. so flights for the Star Destroyer go from beyond OS to some a Tee Devil and some even a Krait like flight.

I would like to ad the DGA Hellfire. This thing is a beast.

I can get turn out a Machete with my forehand. The Hellfire is a diff monster.

This is why I carry two Firebirds. One is old and beat and relatively straight for a FB, and it gets most of the work. Then I have a fresh flat one for more extreme duties. If it's really crazy windy out, I'll swap in a Spirit for the extreme OS slot instead.

I do the same thing for mid ranges, I throw a jawbreaker Zone most of the time for overstable duties. Then I've got a puddle-topped Gator that is Justice-like, just for those times when you really need something to flex or skip.

No, it does not pan, I tried a few angles. Actually chatted about it in the Stego thread. Maybe Moose could get it to pan, not me or most people.

I meant one o'clock on a tommy/FH flex line. It'll fight out at some degree as it wants to fade.

I get that it won't turn, I meant the other way fade to flat then fade.

For me those two discs are a blue champion metal flake FB, blue 4x MCB era destroyer F2s, champ monster and star max.

Champion Thunderbird... I have one that I've been throwing for 2 seasons and is still a beefcake. Absolutely will not turn. It's slowly losing it's crazy fade, but brand new it was throwing like a brand new firebird.

Has anyone mentioned the proto x1? They're impossible to to get much if any turn out of.

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but its worth a repost if you haven't seen it. I've heard the Spirit is even more OS though. I think Nikko threw the Spirit at various times and I know some pros bag stilettos.

So I also thought the Lucid-x Verdict was super stable, but today it turned and burned into a headwind. Ticked me off. Revisiting this thread, probably grab a Drone or Justice. Are Presnell $20 Drones the only mold available? If so, it'll be a Justice.

Latest posts