• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone ever putt with a midrange?

Johnny Depth

Double Eagle Member
Left my Aviar at home accidentally the other day at the course and used my buzzz as my putter. Did really well with it. Better than I usually do with my Aviar.

My buddy Roy Lopez used to putt with a ce spider. . .and he is Pro Master, not a chucker - go with whatever works best and is consisent

I know people who do 1 disc rounds for fun and will drive approach and putt with a buzz.

I will occasionally use my Axis when I feel like it's too far to push putt my Anode. I feel like I need to develop a spin putt instead.

I used to, and still will sometimes on short putts if I'm moving fast or it's a gimme...very occasionally I'll use them in strong winds. A star Skeeter was probably the most comfortable and puttable mid I ever tried. Once I got better with putting and putters in general, I mostly stopped using anything else. You can go for a putt with almost anything, but the faster the disc the less stable you want it to be for that use, and you can expect more spits and glances.

In moderate winds I put with a KC Pro Roc, in even stronger winds, or when going hyzer around an obstacle, I will use a beat up DX Gator.

For reference, my normal putter is a Yeti Aviar. Love it.

My bro putts with champ spiders. He actually threw his magnets in a pond because he kept coming up short with them. He calls it problem solved.

my main putter for short putts (20ft in ) is a cro , i started using it for windy days and stuck with it .

outside of that its the omega supersoft and on occasion a skeeter

seen a few people use the spider , i tried it didnt like the lip , i use the spider for a mid though

My bro putts with champ spiders. He actually threw his magnets in a pond because he kept coming up short with them. He calls it problem solved.

Wow what a waste... So many people would have been happy to relieve him of those magnets. Anywho, I never putt with a midrange because a GT Banger works just as well. I will putt with an upside down driver in a heavy headwind though.

My putter 40-60' is my Buzzz SS. Not that I make many from there, but I usually can't get my putter to reach out that far.

my main putter for short putts (20ft in ) is a cro , i started using it for windy days and stuck with it .

outside of that its the omega supersoft and on occasion a skeeter

seen a few people use the spider , i tried it didnt like the lip , i use the spider for a mid though

Cro is another one that actually does really well. I think I still have a star but haven't thrown those in forever.

I usually use a latitude 64 spike grip line but if not that I use my champion tl plus mold, its a fairway driver.

Latest posts