• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does Discmania care about Womens Disc Golf?

wow thank you for the trip down memory lane with those Berenstein Bears

Chris Evert was the #1 women's tennis player at one time. During that time her brother, also a pro tennis player that was never ranked in the top 100, always beat her in an one on one match with her.

Men are better at sports than women, this is a fact of nature not a conspiracy theory.
That's why women do not get the attention and rewards from sports that men do.

In the same era (1970's), Billie Jean King beat Bobby Riggs 3 sets to none. What any of this has to do with disc golf in the year 2015 is way beyond me.

In the same era (1970's), Billie Jean King beat Bobby Riggs 3 sets to none. What any of this has to do with disc golf in the year 2015 is way beyond me.

Your knuckles would have to drag for you to understand that, I think.

An old champ from 1939 against a young champion in her prime, bad comparison.

The point was the answer to why the women don't get paid like men in sports is not a new answer. It's the same now as it was back then.

Someone could do like arena football and start a bikini league and then dudes would probably be willing to watch on pay per view.

I can't believe the ignorance on this thread...

It's the BerenSTAIN Bears, not BerenSTEIN!!!

Serena would beat Evert's brother.

A sub 200 ranked male player whipped both Serena and Venus after Serena made a claim about being able to beat any sub 200 male tennis player.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karsten_Braasch
Braasch competed in a "Battle of the Sexes" contest against Venus Williams and Serena Williams at the 1998 Australian Open when he was ranked 203. A decade and a half older than the sisters, Braasch was described by one journalist as "a man whose training regime centred around a pack of cigarettes and more than a couple bottles of ice cold lager."[2] He nonetheless defeated both sisters, playing a single set against each, beating Serena 6–1 and Venus 6–2.[3]

I know right?

Especially when they're better than you.

There are only 6 women in the world with a higher player rating than me. I'm 942... so by PDGA standards, i'm barely an advanced rated player. can't say i've ever cared to watch a MA1 tournament on youtube except for finals of am worlds.

There are only 6 women in the world with a higher player rating than me. I'm 942... so by PDGA standards, i'm barely an advanced rated player. can't say i've ever cared to watch a MA1 tournament on youtube except for finals of am worlds.

Paige Pierce can throw farther than you.

That's something.

You would get eaten alive and spit out at a tourney against the top women players on a championship course.

For a women's sport to be worth watching there needs to be some compelling difference to watch. For example, women's hockey has no checking, making it a significantly different game than men's. Women's tennis is compelling for me because I don't like the service battles in men's, I prefer volleys which happen in women's matches more often.

Women's disc golf is more like WNBA. It is the same game as the men, just done more poorly. I don't want to spend my money or time on a second rate substitute, I want the real deal.

Or get hawter golfers

And that's the real question

The real question is do women disc golfers want to watch women disc golf on youtube? What % of the 8% of PDGA members (or whatever number it is) that are women are going to watch tourney footage of women? YEAH THAT'S A HUGE MARKET AND WORTH INVESTING IN

There's tons of FPO rounds on Prodigy's channel.

Serena would beat Evert's brother.

Karsten Braasch was ranked 203 and spanked both of the Williams sisters, forcing them to amend their statement of "we can beat any man ranked lower than 200" to "we can beat any man ranked lower than 350".

Welcome to reality.

Latest posts