• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Bag

Agreed. Considering some very common bags cost $5-6 when you order 200 units from China this should be much less expensive. Alibaba.com

I honestly feel bad. I respect DD as a company, and I expected better. DD made a great move in going with Latitude to be their disc manufacturer. Innova and Discraft already mold for other "fringe" lines. Emac is a great guy, and presumably now the face of DD. But I don't think this bag situation was done right. Even if they offered the backpack at $150.00, I think people would be more likely to ignore the issues. The limited lifetime warranty helps if you like the look of the bag, and don't mind the possibility of going through a couple warranty claims. But the $25.00 difference from bags made with 1600D+ ballistic nylon or cordura is negligible. And 600D polyester is insulting. Poly is a far weaker fabric than nylon. 600D poly is actually about as strong as 400D nylon.

I mean, it is what it is. I do wish DD the best of luck in getting into the game. I just wish we could have either a better quality bag, or more competitive pricing.

I've been in contact with Gregory and Osprey urging them to make a disc golf bag. It would be nice to see a quality outdoor gear company come up with a line of disc golf bags. Most of the bags on the market are incredibly overpriced and made out of crappy materials.

I've been in contact with Gregory and Osprey urging them to make a disc golf bag. It would be nice to see a quality outdoor gear company come up with a line of disc golf bags. Most of the bags on the market are incredibly overpriced and made out of crappy materials.
I disagree, many disc golf companies make quality bags for a reasonable price. Grip, Physical Flight, Hyzerbomb, Gorilla Boy, and Voodoo all make their bags out of top grade materials. When and" if" disc golf ever becomes a more publicized sport then prices will drop. Niche sport equals niche prices when it comes to sport specific accessories.

Given the theme of the disc names, I thought for sure they'd come out with a "Money Bag."

Oh, Well.

As much as I would love to see a company like Gregory or Osprey or even Jansport put their expertise to work on a disc golf bag, the materials those companies typically work with are not the same as what you would need on a disc golf bag. Hiking bags are made to be light, and sacrifice some durability because of that. They'll last forever with the limited number of times you would set one down and pick it up while hiking, but they wouldn't hold up to the kind of abuse most of us put our disc golf bags through. I'm not sure they would be set up to work with the thicker and heavier materials we would want to see.

I saw McCabe wearing one this weekend and it wasnt nearly as ridiculous/big/boxy as you would think based on pictures, and he isn't that big of a guy either. Looked like a GRIP bag for the most part.

Ummm there is already one mystery ranch and the golf mahal.

Pretty good look at the Ranger in McCabe's ITB video:

It's not quite the equal of the Grip aesthetically, but it appears to have considerably more storage.

Mofo could have spun the bag around, picked it up and threw it on, or at least brought it closer to the camera :)

I like that DD is giving themselves their own look to their bags.. Not sure how durable they'll be but creating your own image is important to a sport that has new products releasing every year. Kudos to that. Now onto a year of rigorous testing to all that may buy one.

I'm still using the ol' Revo Dual Pack until she falls apart on me. It's crazy that I've owned it since 07-08' and have only replaced the internal frame once. So far so good!!

It all depends on how much you use it and how you treat your equipment. I don't beat the crap out of my bag, or throw, kick it or even set mine down hard. Still looks like new even being 4 years old with all the rounds I have played with it. A Innova Comp with Phenix straps. Take care of your stuff and it will last. Not fond of the styling of the Ranger , but If I buy a new bag, I want the top quality material on the market.

It all depends on how much you use it and how you treat your equipment. I don't beat the crap out of my bag, or throw, kick it or even set mine down hard. Still looks like new even being 4 years old with all the rounds I have played with it. A Innova Comp with Phenix straps. Take care of your stuff and it will last. Not fond of the styling of the Ranger , but If I buy a new bag, I want the top quality material on the market.

yeah it seems like some people must be pretty hard on their stuff...

i dont really think you should need any sort of "ballistic grade" materials for disc golf bags lol... The materials these bags are made out of are used in a lot of pants for competitive paintball and it holds up pretty damn well from being shot and sliding around on the ground. I can guarantee these bags will be more than durable enough.

The commander looks good, might pick one up when they are released.

Last edited:
The Ranger in the EMac video looks pretty not bad. I might actually kind of like it.

I dig the side putter pocket.

Now they need to make it in tons of colors, and out of better stuff. Gray is weak sauce.

Is it just me or did the shipping for the Ranger move back from April 1st to after the 10th?

There's one of each bag in the Emporia DD shop. Like my Grip so no need for a Ranger but it's pretty cool looking now that I've seen it in person. Tons of storage too. I like Ogio I've had their golf bags before that were about $250 and they were awesome. I really like the Commander. It's the one I'll probably get for roadtrips where I don't quite have the space or need to take the Grip. It's looks long and odd shaped in the pictures but in person it's quite small and economically proportioned. It would be slimmer than the Grip at least. Carries up to twenty but scales down nicely I was stuffing things in it. You could even carry the two putters on the outside, one divider of discs, and another divider for extra clothes or drinks. Shame I sold my quad shock straps. Maybe I'll try the Ogio ones if I get the commander. Didn't preorder I'll wait to see if they have some stocked in a few months.