• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

I carry 5 Eagles in my bag, 2 X's and 3 L's (for turnovers). I like 10x X's the most, big fan of KC Pro plastic.

I also have an 11x Era Glow L that is awesome. Eagles have a lot of variance between molds/plastics, but 172+ Eagle X's of all sorts are very consistent.

If innova was better at marking X's as X, then Eagles would be a lot more popular. Eagle L's give Eagles a bad rap. X's work in any wind and always fade at the right time.

There is a reason why 11x X's go for 60-80$ and 11x L's go for $20-35.

Yes please make Barsby stamped Eagle X's.

Speaking of eagle-Ls, anyone have any experience with lighter weight champ ones? Looking for a more straight flier, maybe a very mild s curve with a mild forward fade. Is it worth hunting down an L or maybe just picking up a veteran?

The lighter weight(167-169g) L's that I've thrown have all turned quite a bit easier than the heavier weights. I've found that max weight Ls and Leo3s have a flight similar to what you describe, for me. Pretty straight, late and moderate turn, some forward fade.

All I throw is lighter weight eagles, in the 160's. For me they still dont have a very noticeable turn out of the box. They are straight to hyzer when new. Compared to an X they hold straight a little longer before fading. I would say that they are more OS than a leo3 for sure.

Basically looking to hit the perfect 4 disc fairway setup for me. Currently it's CE eagle (very overstable), star or champ eagle x (both about the same flight, overstable) pro Leo (understable). Looking for that eagle preferably, or maybe more stable Leo, to slot in between the star eagle and Leo. Looking for the seasoned TL of eagles basically.

I came to like the eagle because of the slight turn they get. I play mostly in the woods and for me it's easier to carve a line with a disc that wants to turn at least a little than one that doesn't.

Last edited:
Basically looking to hit the perfect 4 disc fairway setup for me. Currently it's CE eagle (very overstable), star or champ eagle x (both about the same flight, overstable) pro Leo (understable). Looking for that eagle preferably, or maybe more stable Leo, to slot in between the star eagle and Leo. Looking for the seasoned TL of eagles basically.

I came to like the eagle because of the slight turn they get. I play mostly in the woods and for me it's easier to carve a line with a disc that wants to turn at least a little than one that doesn't.

Sticking with Innova, your best bet is probably a Cheetah, maybe a Gazelle, or maybe a premium plastic Leo3. If you wanted to branch out to Discmania, then I think the FD could be a great fit. They should give you a similar flight to the Cheetah in theory but with less wiggle and more distance. It also could be a good fit along with Eagles because they have some turn before hooking up at the end. From Millennium there may be some options as well but I don't know enough about their fairway lineup to say for sure. But I hear a lot of people say good things about the QJLS I believe. Then they also have the PLS and the OLS.

All I throw is lighter weight eagles, in the 160's. For me they still dont have a very noticeable turn out of the box. They are straight to hyzer when new. Compared to an X they hold straight a little longer before fading. I would say that they are more OS than a leo3 for sure.

I agree with this, it takes some abuse to start seeing moderate turn out of an EL.

It seems like there's a gulf in stability between a DX eagle X that's had the newness knocked off of it, and a star eagle X of the same weight.

Say I'm not specifically interested in paying a premium on the L molds or GStar from the pro shop, what is my best bet for covering that slot?

It seems like there's a gulf in stability between a DX eagle X that's had the newness knocked off of it, and a star eagle X of the same weight.

Say I'm not specifically interested in paying a premium on the L molds or GStar from the pro shop, what is my best bet for covering that slot?

Eagle-X Off the shelf today?
170+gr DX
!66gr Star
!75 gr Star or champ
That should pretty much cover it, it's what I bag

Go on facebook and just look for 12x Eagle L's, they are not too popular so you should be able to get some for a decent price.

I've got a couple old run 150 class champ ELs with patent numbers that are relatively flat. Been debating on throwing them or letting them go.

I love the 150 class Eagle L's, they fly more like a -1, 1 , use an Eagle X for the harder fades. The Eagle L steals a lot of shots from my Leopards, and sometimes Teebirds, but I'm a fairway driver junkie, so I carry them all.

I have fallen in love with Eagles again. I threw them four or five years ago before switching to FD's for whatever reasons. I recently bought a mystery box from a friend, 60 discs 4 euros a piece, pretty good price. I was surprised because there was a lot of good stuff, ESP Wasps, Luster Firebirds, flat Star Monsters etc etc. Then there was 14 Eagles. One Star, 13 Chaps. Four Twelve X's, two Twelve L's, few PFN's and rest of them regular 12x's. I tested them immediately and oh boy, they are awesome. I can easily cover every shot around 100 meters with these Eagles. There's two flat ones which are very overstable, similar to Banshees. L-molds are quite understable and rest of them are somewhere in between them. It's a shame that I spent all these years throwing something else, I love them.

Went full Barsby and used an Dx Eagle for a round today on all shots above like 250. It really powers down and up very well.

yeah, barsby inspired as well. busted out my gstar eagle x's for comparison against another fairway driver.

the eagle's mine anyway have some big time pop top to them and really fly.

my first two eagle's were the kc pro edition's back in early 2000. they were my first innova disc in the grippy star like material that has unique and new for that time.

I remember them flying so long but would shortly later be replaced by the tbird. man, if I only had those two pearly low 170's first run kc eagles..

A few weeks ago I played a big wind, glow golf round and for most of my shots under 300' I used a glow Firebird or a nicely seasoned old school packed full of glow Eagle-x, stamped with Asian Open 2011 dragons. The glow eagle held some long hyzers in the wind and was very predictable for touch approach forehands where all I had to do was get the distance right an allow for fade. A couple days later, I took the Eagle to a limited fieldwork workout to bookend my stable fairway off season tryout(Teebirds and Rivals) where the Eagle yielded my longest fairway shot of the day, 375' into a 10mph headwind coming from 1'oclock on a stable less than 8' high line. It might have been my longest golf line fairway throw this year.

So I'm thinking its in the bag. It's not as stable as the seasoned CE Eagle I'm pulling out for this winter but its got a lot more D. At bag tags, I parked a hole I normally throw Outlaw on a higher hyzer where the glow Eagle simply glided and faded hard at the end to get drop in close. I also took a high spike hyzer line on a hole I'd normally slide a TB/Rival up to the basket. The tree protecting the higher line still knocked the Eagle down short even without all its leaves:| but it was easily long enough to make a run.

I've got an 11x E that flies similar, as in longer than what I expect from an Eagle, but its never been a contender because its tie dye and likes to hide when I throw multiple discs. Anyway, I may go beat Firebird to cover that can't flip but still need some workable D slot and use this glow Eagle for stable/slightly os workhorse. Love how this Eagle holds a line like a Teebird but has enough glide and fade to be workable on many angles, while having enough HSS to handle some side arm torque for bee line touch shots to fade and enough LSS to flex out of a 300' flick with less than 20' lateral movement on a less than 15' high line.

Got stranded at a new course and didn't have my bag in the car. I did however have my old Nutsac that me daughter has been using and she luckily had some discs I could actually use. Her beat 150 Leo and Diamond I just left in the car, but the Roc3, Wizard and an ancient PFN custom dyed Champ Eagle she had were enough for me to hang with.

Was surprised that it held up FH as much as it did and I didn't have to put that much hyzer on it.

The Metal flake Roc3 is decent too, way better than the bipolar Teebird I had in MF Champ.