• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

Dang,literally just sent it or else I would've asked. Has your experience with eagles been firm=more stable?

For the most part, yes.

Since I'm too late for the edit, I misspoke a second ago. They were regular white glow Eagles, not colorglow.

Last edited:
I'm all ears for suggestions for something similar to a flat eagle from other brands. I've tested a lot of fairway molds and haven't found anything with a flight like the eagle

As close as I have found is a Stalker but it is more straight and flat top to between a Eagle and TL/3 but without the fade to the left at the end like a Eagle closer to a TL/3 but more fade. That disc is straight in flight does not have the flight path of an Eagle. Closest I have is a ESP XL yes the disc was low low dome similar the old Eagle, another OOP disc and has been in that plastic for awhile. An option woud be to get an Eagle and flat top the disc either the hot water method or the weight on top of disc for a week or so. only molds that flew like a flat top Eagle are OOP that had a flatter top.

Last edited:
As close as I have found is a Stalker but it is more straight and flat top to between a Eagle and TL/3 but without the fade to the left at the end like a Eagle closer to a TL/3 but more fade. That disc is straight in flight does not have the flight path of an Eagle. Closest I have is a ESP XL yes the disc was low low dome similar the old Eagle, another OOP disc and has been in that plastic for awhile. An option woud be to get an Eagle and flat top the disc either the hot water method or the weight on top of disc for a week or so. only molds that flew like a flat top Eagle are OOP that had a flatter top.

Looks like both the prodigy F2 and axiom clash have similar dimensions/flight ratings to an eagle. However I don't personally have any experience with these molds. Maybe I will give them a try as well. Can't wait until its warmer out and I can spend more time throwing and less time buying and researching. haha :doh:

Looks like both the prodigy F2 and axiom clash have similar dimensions/flight ratings to an eagle. However I don't personally have any experience with these molds. Maybe I will give them a try as well. Can't wait until its warmer out and I can spend more time throwing and less time buying and researching. haha :doh:

Yeah the disc I mentioned was a replacement for my XL mold they stopped making in Z last year as I needed a new disc=, the XL in z when worn enough in becomes like a way more pronounced flight then an Eagle almost as s shaped a flight a disc can make to if you had thown a disc straight it woud be in almost same spot when landing. The Stalker flies like a TL but more turn at end but not dumpy the way an XL or as much turn as an Eagle was more a gentle flight. Stalkers have a micro dome almost flat top disc, at least the two I have are that way.

Last edited:
Has your experience with eagles been firm=more stable?

Here is a comparison of the most contemporary Eagles from my stash:

Picture 1: Left is medium dome softish 12x - Right is newer mostly flat firm 12x
Picture 2: Left is a champ glow that I bought last month - Right is the same mostly flat and firm 12x

The firm 12x is already very stable, add on to that even more high speed stability, and you get an eagle with zero turn. The glow feels like it wants to fade out of the hand on all but the most torqued over power shots.

Attachments

• A195C2EB-54FE-43E7-BD1F-64626DEEE52E.jpg
    A195C2EB-54FE-43E7-BD1F-64626DEEE52E.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 6F4584EF-0038-4B70-A66C-3AD2A26DAFD4.jpg
    6F4584EF-0038-4B70-A66C-3AD2A26DAFD4.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 29
Here is a comparison of the most contemporary Eagles from my stash:

Picture 1: Left is medium dome softish 12x - Right is newer mostly flat firm 12x
Picture 2: Left is a champ glow that I bought last month - Right is the same mostly flat and firm 12x

The firm 12x is already very stable, add on to that even more high speed stability, and you get an eagle with zero turn. The glow feels like it wants to fade out of the hand on all but the most torqued over power shots.

That Glow Eagle might be just what I'm looking for in my quest for a shorter Firebird. Any speculation on whether they might all be like that? Any place in particular that would be most likely to have very overstable ones?

That Glow Eagle might be just what I'm looking for in my quest for a shorter Firebird. Any speculation on whether they might all be like that? Any place in particular that would be most likely to have very overstable ones?

I bought a few as F2s from GottaGoGottaThrow. They for sure have one left right now. Other than that, I can't speak to the availability or prevalence of this particular run.

I've got a ce eagle L and an 11x eagle x for sale if people are interested. I'm not throwing them anymore. Both have ink, but the eagle L is 7/10 and the eagle x is 8/10 regarding condition. $25 SHIPPED in a bubble envelope with cardboard if interested. PM me if you want pics. Include your email and I can send you multiple pictures. Excellent throwers as long as youre not worried about the ink.

Primetime Eagle nerd alert!

Here is Calvin throwing one of those super overstable Eagles, including some great commentary from Greg Barsby. He throws the same disc on the next hole as well. That run is opaque, stiff, kind of flat, and like the man himself said, Firebird-ish.

As an aside, who would like to see Calvin Heimburg launch an E3? I would.

Primetime Eagle nerd alert!

Here is Calvin throwing one of those super overstable Eagles, including some great commentary from Greg Barsby. He throws the same disc on the next hole as well. That run is opaque, stiff, kind of flat, and like the man himself said, Firebird-ish.

As an aside, who would like to see Calvin Heimburg launch an E3? I would.
What minute? Time stamp isn't working on mobile for me.

For anyone who is interested;

DGC has some Eagle "L"s in stock again.

Just received 3 of them and they're pretty nice on the flatish side

I'm really hoping barsby's tour series disc this year is a flat eagle with old school bar stamp inspired stamp.

After watching the throw down the mountain jomez coverage, I have a feeling that we might see a calvin heimburg tour series eagle. As eagle throwers I feel like we have a good chance of seeing a tour series eagle this year with barsby and calvin.

I'm working on an XXL Eagle stamp for a DGU release. The concept is in my head, just need to get it drawn out. I'd love to refresh my *EX stash... and some DX. I tried swiching to ThBs and they are nice. But they aren't EXs. Maybe I should approach Barsby or Heimburg about a non-factory fund raiser? Any of y'all up for supporting either of them?

I'm working on an XXL Eagle stamp for a DGU release. The concept is in my head, just need to get it drawn out. I'd love to refresh my *EX stash... and some DX. I tried swiching to ThBs and they are nice. But they aren't EXs. Maybe I should approach Barsby or Heimburg about a non-factory fund raiser? Any of y'all up for supporting either of them?

Yeah, for sure. EX needs mo love.

Latest posts