• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Echo Star Destroyer

I am considering taking my 175 Z force's out of the bag and replacing them with 175 Echo Star Destroyers. I recently threw a buddy's Echo Destroyer and thought hmmmmmmm this is a legit disc and feels like velvet covered butter in my hand......Anyone know what the difference between the two discs is? I throw 450ish with my forces consistently and have enjoyed them in the Kansas City wind however, the only complaint has been feel and occasional slippery early release from Z plastic.

I've thrown quite a few E-Star Destroyers, but not enough Forces to make a definitive comparison. The one Z Force I did thrown didn't release as well for me as the Destroyer. I only threw these RHFH, but never to 450'. Topped out around 415 I think. I tended to think the Force was more stable--heading towards overstable. More glide with the Destroyer, too.

Destroyers and Forces are too different to have one replace the other. I throw both. Echo Star Destroyer for more turn, Force for wind fighting. Force is high speed stable, Destroyer is high speed understable.

Destroyers and Forces are too different to have one replace the other. I throw both. Echo Star Destroyer for more turn, Force for wind fighting. Force is high speed stable, Destroyer is high speed understable.
High speed understable? Huh? Do you throw them 1000' feet or something? A Star Destroyer is definitely stable to overstable, depending on the run and dome/flatness. Pro Destroyers typically have less stability out of the box, but even new a Pro DS is definitely not understable.

High speed understable? Huh? Do you throw them 1000' feet or something? A Star Destroyer is definitely stable to overstable, depending on the run and dome/flatness. Pro Destroyers typically have less stability out of the box, but even new a Pro DS is definitely not understable.

No. Their HSS is -1. If thrown flat at 400' power it will turn over. Domey Star Destroyers are an anomaly and super overstable. I've had my current E* Destroyer since about late July and I'm able to throw it on anhyzers, and it's begun to been too flippy for low forehands for a few months. It has enough LSS to fade back, but it's definitely high speed understable.

I agree, right now I have a brand new E-Star Destroyer and it's domey and super stable. I throw in the same 450' range and I can flip destroyers, just not this one brand new. I also have some E-star Katanas that tend to be a bit more stable than their Star/Pro counterparts.

Be careful chosing Echo Destroyers, first runs ( only marked in pen on the underside) were overstable, newer runs are less stable.
If your friend has an older one, a new one probably won't fly the same.

Destroyers are a whole lot of disc. Maybe they beat in a little understable, but now way can I throw my somewhat new 175 Star Destroyer like I can throw a comparable understable disc. Even a sponsored pro who loves Destroyers threw it a few days ago and was amazed at its overstability