• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Emporia, Kansas to Host 2013 Worlds!

No, all Am points regardless of division are the same thing.

I've spoken with the PDGA office and from what they said you need 500 pts earned in MA1 to qualify for worlds. Not to sound like i'm doubting you but can you provide proof on your understanding to clear up the confusion?

I've spoken with the PDGA office and from what they said you need 500 pts earned in MA1 to qualify for worlds. Not to sound like i'm doubting you but can you provide proof on your understanding to clear up the confusion?

I had around 1100 points last year earned in MA2 & MA3. I received an invitation to Worlds.

Proof enough?

I had around 1100 points last year earned in MA2 & MA3. I received an invitation to Worlds.

Proof enough?

Perfect, thanks! Like I said, I wasn't doubting anyone, but I've been getting conflicting information. Thanks!

Are they going to put in a couple more courses in Emporia before Worlds?
Last year, there was over 700 Am players competing. However Emporia only has 4 permanent courses and 2 temp courses on ball golf courses. Something doesn't add up.
Also the middle school is not a championship caliber course by any means.

Last year, there was over 700 Am players competing. However Emporia only has 4 permanent courses and 2 temp courses on ball golf courses. Something doesn't add up.

No.

What doesn't add up?

DD/Rusco handles TD duties for quite a few tourneys I think they'll be able to do just fine with what there is.

The middle school course has been under construction for a while. I'm guessing it will be completed with all 18 holes, lengthened some, or completely redesigned before tee pads are poured or laid.

Are all Am Worlds events held on only championship caliber courses? Genuine question. I was under the impression that a course like that is perfect for the younger divisions and to increase variety.

Just knowing what's already been done to some of the courses here and the type of people putting it on and this town's ability to actually pull off an event when selected I wouldn't worry. The courses will be fine. Just ask for a mild week temperature wise. The last two summers have been pretty bad.

Last year, there was over 700 Am players competing. However Emporia only has 4 permanent courses and 2 temp courses on ball golf courses.
Last year, Am Worlds was also held in one of the most notable disc golf hotbeds in the country, which has scads of courses, a well organized club with hundreds of members, and was hosted in a large city with easy access to large player bases in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. That type of destination will get those type of numbers. As it was, no such city put up a bid for this year. I do not see a college town of 25,000 in a sparsely populated state drawing quite that demand. The six courses will be plenty. That has been the standard for Am Worlds most years.

Something doesn't add up.
That would be your logic. Six courses maxed out can hold around 540 people at any one time. Even with foursomes, they can hold 360 at any one time.

Neither is Peter Pan or Jones-West with short placements. I suspect the middle school course will be tweaked with artificial OB, and even with that there's a good probability that the MA1 division will not be playing it.

It's my understanding that the Middle School course will likely not be used so the event will be held on five courses.

Only one nine was used at the City Course at last years GBO. It was a Great Test, if needed I bet there could be another quality course produced on the other 9.

It's my understanding that the Middle School course will likely not be used so the event will be held on five courses.

That's a shame I was hoping it would get a makeover because of this tournament. It's a great place to go on the weekend for a warm up putter round.

There is a nine holer ten miles south of town in Olpe. Doesn't have teepads though. It's pretty easy except for the wind factor.

I have a question about the days of actual play. I know the schedule isn't up yet, but does anybody know how previous worlds tournaments have worked? The dates for Am Worlds are 7/7-7/13, but what day is the first round? Is it usually on the Wed or Thurs of the week?

I can't make it into town until Monday, just wondering how close I'll be cutting it. Cheers!

It's traditionally Tuesday but once in a while it's on Monday with cut to Semis & Finals on Saturday.

In Charlotte there were four days of playing followed by a 5th day that was the Semis and Finals. The first two days are likely to include a day for double and another for field events. There will be a players meeting as well one of the first two days. So, that should account for everything.

I understood that the Middleschool would be used for Junior divisions.

Talking with Rusco last year, if I recall correctly, the courses to be used will be:

Jones East
Jones West
Peter Pan
Municipal temp course
Country club temp course
Middleschool - juniors only

I need a woman :)

Yes, you read right , i need a woman.... i will be in Emporia for tha Worlds, and i want to play at the mixed doubles, but none of my travelling buddies will play in a miniskirt and a bra, so i need to find a real woman to attend the mixed doubles with.

My only hopes are that she has played a few years and have a good sense of humour ;-) age, weight, colour, height... doesn´t matter.

Please step up if you will play with one of these stupid Danes that are travelling across the world just to throw some plastic into some chains.

About myself i can say that i play in the master division (41 years) and i have played for 3-4 years... my rating has gone up and down, but i will rate myself at around 880-890 ... i can not promise you any medals around your neck, but i will do my best. :)

Looking forward to play with you :)

Jasz (from denmark)

I need a woman :)

Yes, you read right , i need a woman.... i will be in Emporia for tha Worlds, and i want to play at the mixed doubles, but none of my travelling buddies will play in a miniskirt and a bra, so i need to find a real woman to attend the mixed doubles with.

My only hopes are that she has played a few years and have a good sense of humour ;-) age, weight, colour, height... doesn´t matter.

Please step up if you will play with one of these stupid Danes that are travelling across the world just to throw some plastic into some chains.

About myself i can say that i play in the master division (41 years) and i have played for 3-4 years... my rating has gone up and down, but i will rate myself at around 880-890 ... i can not promise you any medals around your neck, but i will do my best. :)

Looking forward to play with you :)

Jasz (from denmark)

Ha, this made me laugh. But I hope there is someone that takes this guy up on his proposal (pun intended).

Latest posts