• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ezra Aderhold PDGA #121715

He was at a local park (not a course) practicing throws. He had a basket out and was throwing a bunch of discs. I could have looked at his discs to see if they were a specific brand, but I respected his privacy about this. And since he is still with OTB, it's possible he was still throwing a bunch of different brands (especially to throw people off until the announcement is made - or maybe his sponsorship doesn't start until the beginning of the season).

I'm curious how his sponsorship will work since he's still with OTB. Will it be like Drew Gibson last year, where he was with Infinite Discs and Legacy? Or will it be he throws a specific brand of discs, but uses OTB for everything else? I guess it's just 'wait and see'.

AFAIK OTB doesn't make discs, they are just a retailer. He's just going to be a face that represents the store and drives people to buy from them over other retailers, and he will throw only the manufacturer he signs with. Paige Pierce also has a secondary sponsor with OTB, as does Nate Perkins and they both only throw their manufacturer sponsor's discs.

When you say this I'm going to assume he's going to Prodigy

I have no knowledge either way on any negotiations between Ezra Aderhold and Prodigy- significantly above my pay grade. I find about most Prodigy signings the same way as everyone else.

He does love to throw the Nuke and Zone so it makes sense, but I really thought he might go elsewhere.

Good on him, hope it works out great.

Discraft likes its homegrown midwest players. So does DD for that matter, but I bet that's part of why Discraft pursued Ezra.

haha, King and the Sting? Are they still going?

Yeah, Theo moved to Nashville but they are traveling between one another till Schaub figures out what he is doing. They also do podcasts with just one of them but the whole crew is more involved.

I listen more for Theo.

His first building the Bag video was great, nice "video angle" for all the shots

Insane how different the discs flies for a player with his armspeed. . my Nuke SS does NOT fly like that :)

Fairway driver part is out.

He likes the OS stuff. .lots of Raptors,
Freak Stalker he threw, very OS

What has Ezra been doing over the Winter...his 2020 was not that great. . now he plays at another level

What has Ezra been doing over the Winter...his 2020 was not that great. . now he plays at another level

You have to think about the courses they're playing on. He thrives in open/ball golf courses beacuse of his distance. He's even said he prefers open courses that bomb as opposed to wooded courses.

He was touring and living out of his Prius last year... I'm guessing the last few months and starting this year have been a bit more comfortable.