• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Fade 9 sole?

Terrorx

Sorry if this question hasd been asked already. Why is a Sole with a fade of 9 so coveted by collectors? I recently converted my bag to all Vibram. Just curious.

The Vibram collector's spend a lot of dough on rare items, which may/may not impact the performance.

An example from my experience: I own three pre-PDGA putters, and I've found them to be excellent performance-wise, so I've kept them over the years. Granted, they're only worth a few extra bucks on the market, but I've found them to be excellent quality.

Another example: proto-discs will sell for 2X or 3X as much as they purchased for, simply because they are rare items.

The fade 9 is coveted as an older run of the Sole. If it is new and unthrown and a good color combination can fetch more on the collectors site. As well as a used one with really good color scheme.

As for pre pdga putters, to me i seek them the most due to the older x link feels better than the new x link that they are using. it is more gummy and feels better in my hand. Also the new stuff they are making now, i dont find the patterns as cool other than the micro granite. The older swirls, stripes, granites, chunks are far better looking than the new just random patterns that you can find today.