• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Disc Golf Shoes

Merrell high Mohab. I love these boots, water just parts like the red sea when I step. Very very comfy, and good support. Cant say anything else Merrells because this is my first pair, but 2 other team Bert boys have them and love them.

Biz
Team Bert
Bert tag #four:thmbdown:

These are the shoes that I use for Disc Golf:

99ez3l.jpg
Garmont Alias I use these mostly, but I don't like to wear them when it is wet. They slide badly on wet concrete boxes.

w00zzt.jpg
Northface Hedgehogs I wear these when it is wet outside. A little bit better traction, plus the gortex keeps your socks dry.

Really depends on which FiveFingers you get. There are some that are more of a satin slipper than a shoe. The ones I have are like the best water shoes money can buy.

If I'd had a better selection at the local store I bought these are I would have purchased the FiveFingers KSO Trek, which are a bit more sneaker like.

But they're GREAT if you're playing with natural tees and near water.

\/\/

I have a pair of Treks and they are not good for disc golf. From the other shoe threads that I've read through, it seems like the Sprints are the consensus for the best of the fivefingers for disc golf. I havn't tried them yet though.

I've been using light hiking shoes for DG for a long time. I've been wanting to try something lighter.

pADIDAS1-7219007dt.jpg

Adidas Kanadia TR3

They're 1/2 the weight of my old Merrills, and they feel really, really nice. $50 too.

I think I'll stick with trail running shoes from now on.

These are the shoes that I use for Disc Golf:

99ez3l.jpg
Garmont Alias I use these mostly, but I don't like to wear them when it is wet. They slide badly on wet concrete boxes.

Wow, that is a great deal on those Garmonts! I have the Garmont Vento, and they are my go-to summer DG shoe this year.

DAGY.jpg

I have a pair of Treks and they are not good for disc golf. From the other shoe threads that I've read through, it seems like the Sprints are the consensus for the best of the fivefingers for disc golf. I havn't tried them yet though.

1st, what don't you like about the Treks?

2nd the sprint is just a KSO without a strap and lower cut. I don't see how the sprint would be any better than the KSO for DG.

\/\/

I've enjoyed my merrell moabs for about a year but they are starting to fall apart.

How often do you guys replace your DG shoes?
What do you think is a fair price for a good pair?

I usually spend 60-80 about once a year. if i invested a little more would they last longer? some of the kicks mentioned in this thread are 110 or higher. I play a lot ...rain/snow/cold/hot whatever..so it seems worth the investment

Then you'll be glad to know that if you contact the fine people at Gore-Tex
http://www.gore-tex.com/remote/Satellite/home
send them an email, talk with a representative, and finally send them in your old non-waterproof shoes, they will send you a free pair of any shoe they make. That's what I did when my $90 Moabs started leaking, and now I own a pair of waterproof $120 New Balance.

Gore-Tex really stands behind their products, I'll buy their stuff from now on because of how well they handled this for me.

as an associate of WL Gore, that's wonderful to hear :clap:

cant go wrong with the New Balance 645's or 646's....or anything with Gore-Tex if you plan on playing in incliment weather.

I wear these. Merrell Intercept. Gore-tex lined. 2nd pair I have had though. The toe doesnt take too long to start coming apart for some reason though, especially if you drag your toe when throwing sidearm.

The only thing though is that after walking in the rain and through wet grass with them for about 4 hours, my socks started to get wet by the toes. Do any of you other guys have a problem like this with your gore-tex lined shoes/boots? What, does it not stay waterproof after so many hours or what?

merrellinterceptgoretexcoffee1.jpg

OK, I need some advice. I have never owned a pair of Merrells before, but after doing some reading, they got my attention. I prefer hiking boots, because for disc golf, they just work better for me. I found this pair of Merrells, and I really like them. From the reviews, they keep your feet cool in warm weather, warm in cold weather, and are water proof with the Gore-Tex.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried these. They are in my price range, at $100, and look pretty good also. Here is the name and pic. I would like some info:

Merrell Moab Mid Gore-Tex XCR

MerrellMoabMidGore-TexXCR.jpg

midnight biker i cant help you specifically with that make from merrell but it is a good brand of shoe. Id say that is more important that a specific make. The brand I trust are Keen, Merrell, Teva, Salomon, Asolo and on the very expensive side Lowa Alpine. These are all backpacking and long distance wear and tear boots/shoe companies. They will all perform basically the same in my opinion. They offer serious traction and are pretty good against water. There are no shoes that are completely waterproof. If you want a waterproof shoe get some galloshes (spelling) haha. Id also pair any one of those companies with a good pair of socks. The best are smartwool in my opinion. But exofficio makes a insect repellent brand which i havent tried but seem cool and seal skinz has a waterproof pair of socks that are worth trying too

These look like some great shoes....

OK, I need some advice. I have never owned a pair of Merrells before, but after doing some reading, they got my attention. I prefer hiking boots, because for disc golf, they just work better for me. I found this pair of Merrells, and I really like them. From the reviews, they keep your feet cool in warm weather, warm in cold weather, and are water proof with the Gore-Tex.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried these. They are in my price range, at $100, and look pretty good also. Here is the name and pic. I would like some info:

That looks like a pretty good choice in kicks MB. I think something like these are my next choice in buying a discin' shoe. I need a mid-top for more ankle support and would definitely want goretex again. The ones I currently wear (*see my above post) just dont give me enuff ankle support for my weak ankles. ~ $100 is a good price range for some DG shoes. I wanna get those Vibram 5fingers but like I said, I need more ankle support.

I rolled my right ankle badly once when discin' and I REALLY dont wanna go through that again.:thmbdown:

I have those shoes. I bought them this past winter because we had several snow/ice storms and I didn't have any boots to wear to get to the car. It wasn't fun trying to walk on ice in tennis shoes.

They are really comfortable and doesn't take long for them to break in. They kept my feet warm(sometimes too warm). I haven't tried using them for dg though because I like low tops.

I've enjoyed my merrell moabs for about a year but they are starting to fall apart.

How often do you guys replace your DG shoes?
What do you think is a fair price for a good pair?

I usually spend 60-80 about once a year. if i invested a little more would they last longer? some of the kicks mentioned in this thread are 110 or higher. I play a lot ...rain/snow/cold/hot whatever..so it seems worth the investment

AB-SO-LUTE-LY....
If you enjoy having comfy, cool, dry feet while you play it's worth every penny. I think it can really give you an edge in a round against someone with painful, hot, wet feet, breaks your concentration. I was sooo tired of trying different shoe/sock combinations...I finally just settled on these Merrell Outland Mid-Height boots (for the needed ankle support) and have not looked back. If the snow gets too deep in the winter I'll go to my high top Red Wing boots.

DAOV.jpg

Im picky about shoes, since I have flat feet. I found the Moab Mids didn't have enough foot bed support for me and was lucky to get 6 months from them. Out of the box the sole will easily taco standing the shoe on the toe end and pushing down, showing not much foot support.

IMHO the Keen Targhee II Mids are far superior in foot support. They fit snugger and are a little warmer though.

Latest posts