• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Favorite discontinued discs/molds/plastics?

It's funny, there is a local high schooler around the NoVa area who putts with 1080s. It's amusing to me, but he has a whole stack of them. From my knowledge the guy who ran 1080 and runs Revolution bags is in this area, also designed Jenkins Mountain Lodge in Washington, VA, so he might have got them from him.

My vote is the Trident, but I have close to a lifetime supply of them now. I do dearly miss the Opto Sparkle one I threw in a pond though.

Has to be the a star tee-rex. Felt exactly like a wraith but could be thrown in headwinds for distance. Now I can't decide between some old sds destroyers I have or champion wraith. It was right in the freaking middle.

Tyrant is amazing, I have three but two are thrashed so I'm throwing beefy Teebirds in that slot for now.

I hope JC can get some of those made this year, they are really great for shots you need to hold the line and fade hard.

Good news!

Josh made the down payment for a fresh run of Tyrants!!!

500 with half being fixture cooled (flat) and the other naturally cooled (more dome) so you can get both incredible flights from one great mold.

Hopefully these will be in your hands before it gets too cold out.

And my answer to this question is...

Westside Sling.

I have a stack of them, but more people need these discs. So straight, so durable & very user friendly.

Good news!

500 with half being fixture cooled (flat) and the other naturally cooled (more dome) so you can get both incredible flights from one great mold.

ITS HAPPENING!!! That's so exciting. I'll be ordering several.

Good news!

Any chance Rep will be pressing more Lizards anytime soon?

Discraft Pro-D. RIP. The 2015 era stuff that has an almost velvety feel is amazing in wet weather and a seasoned Pro-D zone is incredible. The replacement "putter plastic" isn't close.

Discraft Pro-D. RIP. The 2015 era stuff that has an almost velvety feel is amazing in wet weather and a seasoned Pro-D zone is incredible. The replacement "putter plastic" isn't close.

There was a run, late 2000s, that was super stiff. I miss that run. Had maybe twelve challengers back then. All cracked in five years of play.

Never ever felt a pro-d disc I liked �� Jawbreaker Zones are much better.

Discraft Hornet. Just started throwing it again after finding some new ones. Shoulda never stopped.

Never ever felt a pro-d disc I liked �� Jawbreaker Zones are much better.

Discraft Hornet. Just started throwing it again after finding some new ones. Shoulda never stopped.
I've come across more slick and hard feeling Pro-D than the "velvety" feeling ones, the hard slick ones don't do anything for me but the Pro-D they ran on Undertakers a while back is absolutely incredible feeling. Kinda has a rubbery quality like Viking Discs ground plastic.

I've switched to Jawbreaker Zones since Pro-D went away but I do still keep a single Pro-D in the bag that is so beat up it'll flip-to-turn on a pretty healthy hyzer, haven't quite mangled up a jawbreaker yet to that level.

I also miss Elasto/Fluid plastic and it's a bummer I never got a Harp or Stag in that plastic.

The best disc I ever owned was an Elasto Underworld. It had it all: control, distance, grip and durability.

I recently gave my Elasto Sampo to a friend who needed a headwind driver. I used that disc to learn forehands, rollers, and thumbers. After 5 years of play , you could run your hand around the rim and it had no noticeable damage. Best Swedish plastic they've made, but for some reason they only occasionally made discs with it and then they discontinued it entirely.