• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

I'm not sure if I want the Diamond TR requirements to change. It's not any of the current Diamond TR's fault that the dynamic has changed over the years.
Correct me if I'm wrong @timg, but I believe it used to be 75 uniques for gold and 200 for diamond instead of the current 90 and 250.

Things have changed, and I'm not saying they should change back, but wanted to add that there is precedent for change...

I did change it at some point early on as people were hitting the levels a little too easily but I don't recall what the old numbers were. There were a lot of threads back then where people would vote trade and stuff as well, so hence the unique part of the formula was put into place and also likely one of the reasons for bumping up the numbers a bit.

Is that a page on here or just that spreadsheet still?

Still a spreadsheet I learned to link in my signature when I inherited it from the previous caretaker of the sheet. Once upon a time, I was anxious to see how we all stacked up, and asked if I could help keep it up to date. It's a bit labor intensive from the user end, so I keep wishing Dev could apply a stroke of tech magic and bring it out as a feature on the new site. If every user could view and sort, but not edit, a table with all the elements we do here, especially if it auto-updated continuously!

(actually, I'd renew my premium membership if this was a benefit for that!)

I believe @jaymon1 leveled up to Diamond quite recently? Congrats!
He surged in helpful votes by about 100 since I brought it up on the thread about a month ago after his newest review, he had about 60 more to go the last time I looked. He only needed a few Unique's at the time, and they were put over the top within a day. I wonder if he even knows, he hasn't been on the site since last month.

Still a spreadsheet I learned to link in my signature when I inherited it from the previous caretaker of the sheet.

(actually, I'd renew my premium membership if this was a benefit for that!)

I'd love to learn how to do that link myself. And I echo your sentiment on renewing membership for that!

He surged in helpful votes by about 100 since I brought it up on the thread about a month ago after his newest review, he had about 60 more to go the last time I looked. He only needed a few Unique's at the time, and they were put over the top within a day. I wonder if he even knows, he hasn't been on the site since last month.

Does that potentially disprove our theory about Zman44 having not logged in since the vote thresholds were passed and therefore not updating to Diamond? You noted jaymon was 60 short on 8/23, and he last logged in on 8/25. Unfortunately it's also possible he passed 1,000 before he logged off on the 25th, too...

I'd love to learn how to do that link myself. And I echo your sentiment on renewing membership for that!

Does that potentially disprove our theory about Zman44 having not logged in since the vote thresholds were passed and therefore not updating to Diamond? You noted jaymon was 60 short on 8/23, and he last logged in on 8/25. Unfortunately it's also possible he passed 1,000 before he logged off on the 25th, too...
I viewed Zman44 profile, and my first thought was, all he has to do is log in, and he's Diamond. But I remember bagging a course

I viewed Zman44 profile he has 1006 votes, and my first thought was, all he has to do is log in, and he's Diamond. But I remember bagging a course a few years ago, and I always go back and read previous reviews. There was a review I found helpful, I refreshed the page, and the member went from Bronze to Silver, this member had not been online for about 5 years. Since Zman44 is not Diamond having qualified, maybe the update changed the automatic upgrade without logging on? I went from Silver to Gold while logged in, saw myself silver, changed pages, and I was Gold.

If it's anything like how it used to work, it was a function that did a real-time check of all the numbers and displayed the badge image based on that. So you didn't have to login/logout to go from silver -> gold, etc. I'm guessing it probably works the same way but I have no way to tell.

Not sure where to put this comment, but Wolfhaley finally dropped a 5 star review! heck of a review. Bucksnort is in my top5 wishlist, but i don't see how i can throw it any time soon:(. The most reviews without a 5.0 review moves back to swatso.

I've actually been thinking lately the issue might stem from the downvotes he has. I seem to recall that there is a percentage that has to be maintained between Upvotes and Downvotes for the different TR, but I don't remember the specifics. And if he does have the correct percent on total thumbs up/thumbs down- then maybe there is also a percentage that needs to be maintained for Unique Thumbs as well.

You know what would help? Getting around to reposting the FAQ page that lists the requirements for each level.

Maybe the low priority of redoing that one page indicates that very few people care about it. But if you're running a course review site, who's more important to your success than the users who provide the most content...for free????

Sorry this is a rant, but it seems ludicrous this far in that the simple old FAQ page hasn't been reproduced.

(And please forgive me if it has, and I'm too out of touch to know...)

New ownership has been focused on the forums side since the takeover. Which makes me think that's where the potential profit is. Have not seen any enthusiasm or respect for the course collectors and reviewers since.
Sadly, I think you're spot on. What they don't realize is that the course directory is what pulled in most of the forum users in the first place.

I'm dumb and can't find any other threads regarding reviews. Where's prerub when you need him?

As I recently passed the 9th anniversary of my last review to get a thumb down, I was looking at who didn't like my reviews.

Of my 44 thumbs down, 14 came from:
1696552619932.png

If that's right, he was only active for 3 days. Wonder what I did to piss him off?

This isn't meant to be a humble brag or anything. I haven't written many reviews over the past 9 years and my early reviews were awful.

I'm dumb and can't find any other threads regarding reviews. Where's prerub when you need him?

As I recently passed the 9th anniversary of my last review to get a thumb down, I was looking at who didn't like my reviews.

Of my 44 thumbs down, 14 came from:
View attachment 320413

If that's right, he was only active for 3 days. Wonder what I did to piss him off?

This isn't meant to be a humble brag or anything. I haven't written many reviews over the past 9 years and my early reviews were awful.
Prerub, lol. I'm more interested in where postrub is? Oh my aching back!

So I was curious why some folks had TR statuses that seemed off, namely Innovadude being Gold status, Zman44 not getting a promotion to Dimond, and Dave242 being a Silver. Dev enlightened me a bit in the issues/bugs area on the forum, and I thought I'd share it here since 1. I'm not sure anyone was aware of changes to TR status, and 2. It's a big of a change in philosophy when it comes to TR:

Trusted Reviewers Criteria:
  1. Bronze Level:
    • Unique Voters: 19
    • Number of Reviews: 9
    • Vote Score: 99
  2. Silver Level:
    • Unique Voters: 34
    • Number of Reviews: 24
    • Vote Score: 199
  3. Gold Level:
    • Unique Voters: 89
    • Number of Reviews: 34
    • Vote Score: 349
  4. Diamond Level:
    • Unique Voters: 249
    • Number of Reviews: 59
    • Vote Score: 999
Note: The Vote Score is calculated as the total number of positive votes minus the total number of negative votes. This calculation represents a change introduced with the new format, where previously, the focus was solely on the count of positive votes.

So essentially, you could have the review and unique voter numbers to get to diamond, but if you have 1,000 positive votes and 10 negative, you will be a few short due to your vote score.

I think losing Diamond is harsh, but I don't hate the new methodology. Dev is also open to suggestions and said as much in a response to me, and that the site suggestions and bugs section of the forum is the preferred spot for feedback (before this thread potentially gets any potential spice).

So while Innovadude's positive vote count is currently 1,169, his vote score is 765 due to his negative votes, demoting him to Gold under the new system. Zman44's vote score is 899, so closer but not enough for diamond.

Last edited:

Latest posts