• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] First disc you owned two of?

Teebird maybe. Or wizard. I think I have at least two of everything that is in the bag now. One I'm working on seasoning and a fresh backup. I may carry multiples of a mold but usually in different plastics.

I'm pretty sure mine was a Skeeter. I thought I knew something most DGers different when I first got started. :p

Voodoo and Cyclone backups came soon after.

went threw the same phase with my R-Pro skeeter. Joke that "Everbody loves a skeeter" because they do. My young kids throw this disc so well it just kind of stood out. My R-Pro is a beat anny disc now and less reliable straight, but still has a role. Haha Need a star skeeter maybe?
Great disc, Highly versatile and could bomb 300 ft.

The first disc I owned was a red 164 DX Leopard and it was used exclusively for many moons. When the rim cracked through I decided that I had to either stop hitting trees or buy a tougher disc. I ended up buying a max weight champ Leopard.

The first disc that I actively tried to get a replacement for, as opposed to finding it or receiving it, was definitely the wizard.

I picked up multiple Buzzzes after using one as part of my first few discs I learned to play with. It is also the only disc that I have always carried since I started.

Easy answer for me - way back in the day before i gave a rat's ass about DG, or even knew anything about it(12-15 years ago?), I thought my young kids might like it, and bought 3 Sharks from a now defunct sporting goods store, knowing nothing, going by the stamp and what I thought my kids would like.

Years later, my son came back from college and turned me on to the game; I dusted off the old Sharks from their storage in the garage, and voila.

It was all done in total ignorance of brand, model, purpose. Good times....

I think it was buzzes for me. I remember first starting out throwing and losing multiple buzzes. The supercolor and titanium ones were painful losses. Gave a buddy an old dx buzz and he lost that as well. Don't throw them anymore..have been throwing Dynamics midranges now. Have a few suspects and truths.

The first disc that I bought a duplicate of was a second SS Voodoo for practice and warm up's (but I think everybody should have at least 2 of the same putter). Once I got a practice basket at home though I went on a putter buying bender and ended up with 18 Voodoo's for different putting stations.

My first non-putter 2nd disc was a champ TL to go with my first one, then I got a star TL to fill out the group, I then got 2 more champs. Since then I've gotten rid of all my TL's except the one I got my first ace with.

Now I have multiples of every mold that I throw constantly.

Had to be the stingray. Hope that doesn't date me. Had one, and got another free when joining the PDGA, way back when.

Regards,
aeronaut

I wish that I'd found Stingrays earlier on in my DG career! I love 'em now but, like many, started out with drivers that I couldn't handle instead.

wizards. I bought a second because the bead on my first one was beat up enough that it distracted from my putting. Kept using it for upshots and only putted with the new one.

Teebird maybe. Or wizard. I think I have at least two of everything that is in the bag now. One I'm working on seasoning and a fresh backup. I may carry multiples of a mold but usually in different plastics.

Yhup. Totally thinking ill do the same. I think my teebird will be ready for a freshy before too long. Just growing my Arsenal of the same molds. :clap:

gotta pick my putters soon and get to work. ;)