• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fitbit users?

goosefraba1

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I was just wondering how many people actually wear the fitbit for rounds? My wife and I just got the Charge HRs. We walked the layout for the course that I am working on yesterday.... we logged 5500 steps a piece... and climbed 32 floors!

Also.... we noticed that there was a setting for Ultimate Frisbee in the exercise portion.... I wonder if we had a enough people to submit for disc golf, if they would put it in as a new exercise?

I wore one for awhile. I got in a lot of steps, but I felt I started to substitute it for higher intensity exercise so I quit wearing it.

I admit, it was interesting to see how many steps DG is though: A lot.

Yesterday I played 54 holes on the Beaver State Fling layout at Milo. Longer than last year's World's layout. 23,985 steps. 11.83 miles. 31 flights.
I like keeping track.

Man that's awesome! Ya... I can't wait to start putting it to use. I also got a medicine ball yesterday :) Trying to get buff for shirtless DG season hahahaha! Mostly just because the courses in the KYOWVA tristate are just crazy hilly.

I have one, and like it because it prompts me to walk more to set new step records.

I have a Garmin Vivosmart....logged about 20,000 steps and 10.5 miles during a doubles tournament (two rounds of 18) this past Saturday.

I'm looking forward to using it at Wickham Park for a two round outing whenever the course reopens (after the snow melts). Over/Under is 22,222 steps for the two rounds.

Whoa.... that's awesome.... I can't wait to get it on the course I'm building. I wonder if there is a way to build a disc golf group? Still playing with the app.

used to have the "one" & my days looked like that too. lost it on the course doing course work. it was too small and fell out of my pocket.

Love mine. Had to get used to putting my Grip bag on with the Fitbit arm first though. If I put in the other arm first, I've had the Fitbit fall off my wrist as the strap goes by.

I was in San Antonio a couple weeks ago and managed to play 6 courses in 24 hours (from Friday afternoon to Sat afternoon). Ended up walking 24 miles in those 24 hours. :)

bda

wife and I just got Charge HR's as well, love em and cant wait to see some disc golf results.

I have a Garmin Vivofit which I primarily use to count steps and tell the time. I didn't really realize how much disc golf made me walk until getting this little thing. It's not uncommon for me to crack 30,000 steps on a disc golf daytrip. So far my best is just over 40,000.

Latest posts