• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I have been throwing Teebirds and enjoying them.

I am looking for a very overstable option but I am not a huge fan of champ unless it is grippy mix.

The Brinster birds look like they would fit that need except the plastic.

Is there a star option that is very overstable like the Brinsters?

Star firebird?

Exactly. Firebirds and Teebirds are a match made in heaven. I like 'em in champ plastic too. Never had grip issues.

I follow this thread religiously. I use the teebird exclusively for both off the tee pad and fairway driving. Have both star and champion plastic and prefer 165-170 weights. My consistency has improved since staying with the one mold.:thmbup:

I have been throwing Teebirds and enjoying them.

I am looking for a very overstable option but I am not a huge fan of champ unless it is grippy mix.

The Brinster birds look like they would fit that need except the plastic.

Is there a star option that is very overstable like the Brinsters?

Sure, worn gstar Firebird. That is what I use for this shot.

You could also look for a color glow CFR teebird. Plastic feels more like star than champ to me, and the one I have is very stable. Also pink but glows orange, which I really like for some reason.

Worn gstar Firebird or worn recycled Felon are also good bets.

Worn gstar Firebird or worn recycled Felon are also good bets.

I agree with this, Gstar Firebird will be much better grip than champ, and not do as much crazy Firebird stuff (like big skips) as champ/star. Some star Firebirds are insanely overstable as well, so there's a risk there. I am really liking the Felon too as a little more throwable Firebird (compared to champ), but I think the Firebird rim and overall shape feels more similar to a Teebird in hand. That being said I think I prefer the feel of the Felon (they are flat), but overall very similar discs.

Yup.

I can get away with a sexton, fresh star TB, and a pro leopard or leo3

Covers everything

What about an S-FD2?

Is that a thing?

Pretty sure fd2s are only c line. Pretty sure it has been asked for in other plastics to no avail. Probably in gazelle territory, don't want to over produce and step on Teebird's toes.

Yup. Nybos are stable but definitely not like the tour edition AJ. I think the Nybos are closer to the stiff PFN Star Teebirds (which are the best ones IMO).

I don't even think they're JL (out of the box) stable. Mine had a touch of turn to them on the first throws.

I'll hold judgement before I compare them to my beloved PFN Stars. Maybe once they've broken in, but mine may never hit that point, as I just don't love the few I've thrown (as much as I was wanting to!).

As a less experienced Teebird thrower, I'm more and more impressed with a factory second I picked up. Stiff, swirly star, 175g. I always wondered if it was a misprinted AJ or something like that.

It has no turn to speak of (unless into a headwind) but has all that yummy Teebird glide. Great for low hyzers. My only regret is that I didn't buy a couple more...

Thanks for the advice, I have a couple of holes on a local course that cause me to throw right along the edges of a large pond (too big to retrieve lost discs). They are both good shots for me with a heavy star AJ teebird, but... if I get just a tad sloppy on my form or if the wind kicks the right way you can lose a disc easy. I have thrown my Gstar FB there and it is ok but I end up with a much longer approach (can make the difference between birdie or par). Might spend some time searching for a grippy champ specifically for these holes.

A buddy of mine picked up 3 of the Nybo 'Birds. The plastic definitely isn't as grippy as it should be imo. Plastic like that usually wears in to be great though, so that will be interesting to see. These TeeBirds are seriously overstable for both myself as a Rival thrower and my friend who has lots of great TBs.

My friend probably throws anywhere from 50' to 150' further than me at any given moment. These TB are flexing back from pretty severe anny lines on 300-350+ and hold every hyzer I've seen put on it.

I bet these beat into perfection.

Latest posts