• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forehand help

Can you get a side view? It looks like your balance is a little back because after release your instinct is to fall back to your rear foot rather than stand up/through on the plant. Hard to tell from that angle.

You also maybe torqued that a slight bit because it flips from hyzer to turnover immediately, and then rides out the rest of the turn at a normal rate.

Can you get a side view? It looks like your balance is a little back because after release your instinct is to fall back to your rear foot rather than stand up/through on the plant. Hard to tell from that angle.

You also maybe torqued that a slight bit because it flips from hyzer to turnover immediately, and then rides out the rest of the turn at a normal rate.

Ill film one next time I go out and throw.

Looks like t-rex arm with the elbow stuck to the hip.
nqyeyBb.png

Looks like t-rex arm with the elbow stuck to the hip.

I also have a tendency to do the T-rex arm. In my case it's because when I extend my arm more I tend to feel shoulder pain. I'm not sure if this is a problem of form or just age. I'm working on keeping the arm out there and throwing gently, to avoid injury. The result is cleaner, straighter disc flights, but only about 150 feet. With the t-rex arm I can get a bit more distance (maybe another 50 feet) because I can snap a bit harder without feeling like I'm tearing my shoulder but there's no predicting what direction it'll go in.

Consequently, I'm working on the more extended arm throw, hoping that my senior shoulder will gradually firm up.