• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Friction disc golf specific gloves?

Thinking of picking up one of these. Do you guys feel that the sizing chart on their website is accurate?

I haven't measured my hand or anything but I have medium size hands and I got a medium size pair for Christmas two years ago and they fit fine. I wear them when it's cold. They definitely increase my grip wen it's wet and keep my hands warmer than they would be without gloves but even with them I keep handwarmers in my pocket. I like them for driving but not so much for upshots and I never putt with them on. Based on two winter's use, I would definitely say they are a good buy.

Thinking of picking up one of these. Do you guys feel that the sizing chart on their website is accurate?

I got a "large" for my buddy who's skin was constantly cracking from Rheumatoid arthritis. He measured 18.5 (on the lower limit of the "large" range). He said he felt they fit too snugly when he first tried them on, but later felt like they needed to be, to get proper grip. He hasn't tried the XL, though.
size_guide_2017.jpg

I measured my hand before I ordered, and the sizing they recommended was pretty much dead-on. Like F. Howl mentioned, they'll feel a little snug at first, but they'll stretch just a bit after a round or two.

I measured my hand before I ordered, and the sizing they recommended was pretty much dead-on. Like F. Howl mentioned, they'll feel a little snug at first, but they'll stretch just a bit after a round or two.

^^^For me, too. I took the medium pair and they are a snug fit, which is exactly what I want -- no folds or wrinkles. And BTW, as owner of a '96 Miata, these are the best driving gloves I've ever worn, and I've worn many.

I've been getting good results with thin mechanics gloves. Haven't felt the need to pony up for Friction. I even used them in our marksman league in a COLD barn.

Played last Thursday in a rare rainy round for L.A. Didn't wipe my disc once and lost by a stroke to the only other guy wearing Friction Gloves. Just bought a pair of the slightly more expensive Ultimate specific gloves to see the difference.

I've just recieved a pair of those utlimate gloves since the disc golf friction gloves are kind of hard to find in Canada and right now ordering from USA is probably even less a good idea.

I've tried them only for putting yet and I'm pleasantly surprise... kind of, I always knew the grip of my finger tips was sh*t. I've always putt better indoor practicing at home or at my local winter putting league, outdoor my fingers become so dry and slick, it's like my discs are cover with silk. I also have skin problems and allergies, just the few rounds I've played this spring, I got red plaques, rashes, and itchiness. That's kind of why I decided to buy a pair to try and with the Corona virus right now it might be also even more useful, It's also easier to avoid touching my face with gloves on.

When I put them on first, I felt they were kind of thick but I got used to them quickly and I was putting as good if not better. So much that I tried again a bunch of different putters and I was definitely putting more consistent no matter the putter. Still in the end my favorite putters came back on top because I guess I'm used to them more.

Fit wise my hand length is just a bit over 18.5cm so the large one fit great except the little finger is a bit too long. I might just cut the tip of it if it's too annoying but it didn't bother me much yet.

Played last Thursday in a rare rainy round for L.A. Didn't wipe my disc once and lost by a stroke to the only other guy wearing Friction Gloves. Just bought a pair of the slightly more expensive Ultimate specific gloves to see the difference.
Did you try the new gloves? I will surely buy the friction gloves eventually to compare and there is a couple of other options on Amazon that I could try also.

Did you try the new gloves? I will surely buy the friction gloves eventually to compare and there is a couple of other options on Amazon that I could try also.

I haven't had a chance to go out...whole family is sick af.

Wore them tho, and they feel...thicker? I think the extra stitching they have across the base of the fingers and 2nd knuckle add padding for catches (just speculation as to why the Ultimates are stitched there) but they make the glove more noticeable on the hand. Like the feel of the DG specific gloves much better.

Like the feel of the DG specific gloves much better.

:thmbup: I've just ordered a pair of the disc golf one on the friction gloves website, thought about ordering one of the friction3 but good thing I didn't. The one I have already feel thick, still fine but I would not like a thicker feeling ones. Visually, the DG one looks very similar to the one I bought but I still want to try them.

I received the friction gloves today, I didn't test them yet in a field for drives but first feeling they are thinner than the first gloves I bought on Amazon which are sold more for Ultimate players. For putting at home I can't say it make a big difference since I got use to the thickness of the first pair so I'll have to test and compare them longer. The friction gloves might be a little bit less grippy, if I prefer them I might buy a medium size one to see if an even tighter fit would feel better.