• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Ahhh...people bitchin' about race; can't get away from that wherever you go these days. Once you racists can wrap your thick skulls around the fact that we all evolved from a common AFRICAN ancestor thousands of generations ago and developed our respective features and skin tones based on where we migrated to, you'll be much better off in your understanding of the many cultures (and hence cultural differences) seen throughout the world. Borders are a joke, we're all human, and nobody should be looked down upon or ostracized because of some stupid concept of nationalism.

I totally intended on posting a my funniest/weirdest course experience on this thread, but I think I'll wait for a new similar thread to pop up.

...but I think I'll wait for a new similar thread to pop up.

Don't worry... with all the
repost.gif
and
beatdeadhorse5.gif
going on lately... it won't be long.

Was playing a month ago at a new course in Fenton Missouri. Got to the 17th hole and just started smelling some nasty dead fish, I thought nothing of it, the pond had overflowed the banks and most of the course was flooded so I figured thats what it was. Well I walked by the pin and didn't notice until I was about to putt that there were dead fish in the basket. Someone had picked up about 25 fish and stuck them between the rings that the chains attach to and they covered the top of the basket.

That reminds me of a couple of things I saw last year at my home course. My home course is very close to the river, and it floods during heavy rains. At hole number three, for the longest, there was a Toyota rim with a tire on it, just sitting off in the woods about 20 feet behind the basket. One day when we were playing ,we were getting near the basket, and noticed that someone placed that tire and rim in the basket. I thought that was weird.

On the next hole, for the longest , we noticed right behind the basket, about 20ft up in the air, there was located a 15 inch computer monitor. We always thought it was strange.

Another one from my home course I just remembered:

On the basket for hole #6, someone had placed about 8 or 9 empty beer cans on top of the basket. We didn't pay much attention to them, and I took a birdie shot from about 100ft out. My shot hit the top of the basket and crashed into the cans and sent them flying. We all had a good laugh about it, and said that I didn't get my birdie, but I did get a strike.

I got my R-Pro Dart to stick in the side of the basket today...that was pretty weird.

Did it look like this:

0329091546-1.jpg

I have done this several times. My brother did it for the first time on Memorial Day. If you use a Soft Putter it happens more often.

Borders are a joke, we're all human, and nobody should be looked down upon or ostracized because of some stupid concept of nationalism.

It's less nationalism and more "hey, they should pay taxes too". :rolleyes:

Anyway, funny thing was my buddy hitting somebody with his drive. Now, normally that wouldn't be that funny but this guy was sitting in the middle of a group of trees and we had no idea he was there (or why he would be there) but he still had the audacity to ask for a heads up next time. Damn hermits...

Doggy Style...

OK, so the official oddity from my disc golf outings actually happened today...So it should be said that you can really meet some strange folks when you are out on the disc golf course, and this dude I met a few weeks back is no exception. He is a very nice kid, but good lord if he isn't always trying to sell you something or get you to go in on some freaking weird-ass idea he has...regardless, he officially earned the "dude I won't call next time" moniker today. Ok, so I was already playing a round with some other dudes because this guy was running like an hour later than he said he'd be...but we're on like hole nine and he straight asks another dude who had just arrived on hole 9 if their dogs could bang (his words). We though he was joking or at least not serious, but then he proceeded to take like 15 minutes to coordinate a dog date...whatever right. Well we, played out the round and then started another, and he ran into the dude with the other dog chilling down by the lake the course is on. And what does he do...yep, he drops his bag and takes his dog down to the lake to get some from the other dog...Not only is this now a odd situation, but to make matters worse the boy dog had incredibly sloppy form and simply kept falling over when he tried to mount up, but the girl dog (his) was not really having it and he was getting all pissed at the dog, so me and the other dudes just straight left him...after a 420 break and 30 minutes of waiting for his ass that is. It was one of the more uncomfortable and bizarre things I have really ever been witness to and like I said we eventually left the dude when the humor began to get overshadowed by the awkwardness.:confused::eek::confused:

Illegals

Apparently they are slowly migrating back to Mexico because there used to be a huge population here.

Do they pay taxes? Yes/no. They purchase dead people's SSNs and use them and then claim 20 dependents and pay about $10 a week in taxes, which of course never get filed.

Maybe this is why nothing is really being done...lets see 1 million illegals, $10 a week....hmmm...adds up doesn't it??

I wrote my thesis on this. You are half right, but its a common misconception. They pay property taxes indirectly on their rent or directly on whatever home they own (as do you). They pay sales tax as well. Over half of them file Federal tax returns with those illegal SSNs (which btw are mostly from living people, aka identity theft) and thus pay into social security, though they will never receive any benefit from it unless they become a US citizen (try collecting SS when you have a 14 yr old's or a dead guy's SSN). I wouldn't be so quick to say they just pay $10 a week.:cool:

I'd be happy to further discuss this with any in the Water Cooler section to your heart's content, but thats not the purpose of this thread

Last edited:
There's a course in Madison, WI, like that, but their bottle-cap trail blows this one away...looks like they've been adding to it for years. And with Madison being the hippie mecca that it is, apparently this sits just fine with them. I thought it was cool, and if the Parks Dept isn't making a stink about it, it'll probably just continue on...

Unfortunately, Heistand park was cleaned up, and they got rid of the trail because it encouraged people to bring glass bottles onto the course. They had a problem with ppl smashing bottles on the tee pads :( so they instituted a no glass policy. Its sad i know, but its for the best.

On a lighter note & back to this thread's purpose...

Dog date? That is kinda creepy. Maybe his dog was running around humping furniture, and he was getting tired of it?

Last edited:
Had an interesting nature communing experience at Giles Run on Monday. If you know this course, the back 9 holes are located across the stream (Giles Run), and are way back, with no roads or other cross traffic. So when I emerged from the wooded path onto Hole 8, I see a Doe standing by the basket, staring at me. I wait to see if she'll move, but nope, just looking at me, so I toss, coming up about 70 feet short. After I start to walk up to my disc, she climbs the hill behind the basket, out of sight. So I finish up the hole, and climb the hill to get to Hole 9, and there she is again, by the basket for Hole 9, staring at me. Once again I throw, but this time, I hear a rustling next to me, and a tiny baby deer jumps out of the brush, and goes bounding down the fairway to her mom. I saw the doe again at Hole 12, but her baby was no where to be seen.

Later on that round, I was at Hole 16, and saw a huge buck standing on the edge of the fairway. Unfortunately, I short-armed my throw and ended up losing my groove in the briars where he had been standing...bummer.

Still a very cool experience.

Bear at Highbridge

I didn't actually see this, and I don't know if it qualifies as funny/weird (I just think it's cool, but in the Honka House at Highbridge you'll find this interesting item. I'm not sure how they got the swath of hair; must've been from a nearby scratching tree.

Attachments

• goldbear.jpg
    goldbear.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 205
I was playing in a tournament at Miramar Park today and noticed something cool. As you will see in the picture , holes #7 and # 8 have a 10ft wide ditch running the length of both fairways. Its an easy way to loose a disc, (as I found out today). Someone who playes the course very often, got tired of looseing discs, and they placed two rakes with very long (12ft long) handles on them, and placed them on either end of the fairways, so you can get your disc out of the drink. I thought this was a cool idea.

a413f6ee_m.jpg

I was playing in a tournament at Miramar Park today and noticed something cool. As you will see in the picture , holes #7 and # 8 have a 10ft wide ditch running the length of both fairways. Its an easy way to loose a disc, (as I found out today). Someone who playes the course very often, got tired of looseing discs, and they placed two rakes with very long (12ft long) handles on them, and placed them on either end of the fairways, so you can get your disc out of the drink. I thought this was a cool idea.

a413f6ee_m.jpg

that is a very cool idea, that way bozos dont steal your disc:D

A while back I was playing a course that is at an Elementary school. I saw three kids placing a paper target on the basket and using it for Archery practice. I walked up and explained the game of disc golf to them, and they just gave me a deer in headlights look, and just took their target and walked away.

Latest posts