• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fusion Bag Review or Sorry Gorilla Boy

Would you buy a Fusion bag? Especially if you could not buy GB?

• Yep!

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • No!! How. Could. You? I’m triggered!!

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
Some of you guys keep saying you wouldn't buy a baglane bag because they copied GB. That's really kind of a moot point if there is no GB bag to buy wouldn't you agree? That's always been my contention with this but I thought I would toss that out there again since colostomy bags are being thrown in now Lol! Don't hold back man let us hear how you really feel. Bag Lane Fusion Rules!!! What is your preferred colostomy bag by the way? Lol!!

I think it's a bit of a chicken vs. egg thing. Is Gorilla Boy short on capital because of the Baglane ripoffs taking over market share? Or did they just mis-manage their assets back when they did have Simian bags to sell? Perhaps a variety of factors are in play.

I can't blame you personally in this situation. Simians out of stock with no firm future production planned. Alternate option ready to ship.

I also see where the haters are coming from. Can't say for sure if you helped contribute to the continuing troubles of GB. Maybe indirectly.

Also, thanks for the thoughtful reviews! Lots of good, thorough, helpful information in those.

I think it's a bit of a chicken vs. egg thing. Is Gorilla Boy short on capital because of the Baglane ripoffs taking over market share? Or did they just mis-manage their assets back when they did have Simian bags to sell? Perhaps a variety of factors are in play.

I can't blame you personally in this situation. Simians out of stock with no firm future production planned. Alternate option ready to ship.

I also see where the haters are coming from. Can't say for sure if you helped contribute to the continuing troubles of GB. Maybe indirectly.

Also, thanks for the thoughtful reviews! Lots of good, thorough, helpful information in those.

I see your bull**** detector is broken, here let me help you.

OP came in and ONLY posted a glowing, extensive review about this bag as a customer and player, kept this thread rolling but never posted in other threads- no course reviews, no witty banter, no arguing about anything- which a Bagalane employee has already done once before. This fits the same template to a T. It's search engine mulching and it's taking advantage of this site to legitimize a pile of garbage created by theft.

I'd bet $5 his IP would ping in Vegas, but that's just me sniffing the air.

****ed if I care anymore, y'all buy whatever bag you want. I'm done holding hands and walking people through the parking lot of life.

Yeah

Thanks for the well thought out objective reply.

I gotta say as time goes on and I keep using the Fusion Pro I like it more and more.

Honestly if the owner at Gorilla Boy hadn't given me such an I don't care toned reply Or at least a date or something other than what I got. I would have waited on the Simian. His apathy pushed my decision to buy the Fusion. So if I contributed to his woes that's a shame and a difference of opinion. I get it on the haters to an extent but money talks and BS walks. It's just business these days. I don't necessarily like it either but I'm not going to deprive utility over principal. Great Design. Great knockoff. Poor job of trying to capture a customer. Shame on GB for not giving a dam. Perhaps he could of told me something like gee DonJuan I don't have any in stock right now but here's a coupon for when I do I'm working on it as fast as I can I really appreciate the fact you are willing to spend $260 on my product. But he didn't. He said what equated to take hike.

All the people that hate on Fusion care about GB more than GB. Rather than saying I cared, that's easy, I actually offered money. So I take the hate with a grain of salt and keep in mind this is the internet.
Disc On My Brothers and Sisters!!!!!:thmbup:

I have posts in other threads. I have reviews of courses on here since 2012. I just have never been that active on here because some of y'all twist off too easy like now. You sir should get your facts straight before you rant and rave about someone you don't know. Parking lot of life indeed. I bet you stumble through that lot quite a bit. Why so hatefull?? You're triggered aren't you? Sorry I had an opinion different from your own. Like I said maybe you're right Do Work. Maybe you're right. Dang it I said I would ignore haters.

Bagalane rubs me the wrong way and has pulled some really shady moves here. Stolen from people this community cares about and then blew smoke up everyone's asses pretending to give an honest review.

If you aren't in any way connected to Bagalane, hey sorry man. You'd be the first non bagalane employee to do this though, so there's that. Have a nice day and look both ways in the parking lot! ��

Do Work it's cool man.

Hey Do Work thanks for being a reasonable person. I swear I'm in no way related to BagLane. The whole reason I even posted the review was because when I came here to look before pulling the trigger on the new bag I had not seen a real review of the Fusion. So after I bought it I posted for informational purposes ONLY. I was thinking hey man this is out here. Someone should really review it. So I did. No hard feelings bro. I understand. I will look both ways for sure!! Happy Discing!!

Last edited:
I see your bull**** detector is broken, here let me help you.

OP came in and ONLY posted a glowing, extensive review about this bag as a customer and player, kept this thread rolling but never posted in other threads- no course reviews, no witty banter, no arguing about anything- which a Bagalane employee has already done once before. This fits the same template to a T. It's search engine mulching and it's taking advantage of this site to legitimize a pile of garbage created by theft.

I'd bet $5 his IP would ping in Vegas, but that's just me sniffing the air.

****ed if I care anymore, y'all buy whatever bag you want. I'm done holding hands and walking people through the parking lot of life.

Dude, MY internet protocol address would ping in Vegas, and I live in Montana.
I'm not buying anything. Just posting on the internet. If nothing else, I'm buying a Ridge to sit on. Provided that Octo's are still sold out.
Just thought there was some useful information. F-me, right? Thanks for the hand-holding, mom.

:FU:

Bot

Hey don't take it too hard Throwbot. Do Work just doesn't like BagLane and he thought I was A spy or something like that. I appreciate the props on the review. Let us know how you like the bag you end up with. You know if I was a spy I could tell you but then you know I'd have to....never mind.

Weird. I've purchased five bags from Gorilla Boy (both for myself and as gifts) over the years and haven't experienced anything but good customer service. I don't know him personally, but he has always struck me as solid dude who cares about providing a top-notch product. It's too bad you apparently had a different experience. Hopefully you will try GB again if you ever decide to move on from the BagLane copy.

I wish I had a better experience too. Maybe on down the road I might give ol GB another shot. Dude could have just been having a bad day. Have you seen those Ridge bags from Ridge Roller though? Pretty sick. That might actually be my next purchase.

I see you are a local to my area maybe we will run into each other sometime. I'm in Rockwall, I guess I need to add that to my profile.

Hopefully things will stay dry around here for a few days. Soggy disc golf is not my fave. I'll still play of course, but not my fave. Rock on bro.

I wish I had a better experience too. Maybe on down the road I might give ol GB another shot. Dude could have just been having a bad day. Have you seen those Ridge bags from Ridge Roller though? Pretty sick. That might actually be my next purchase.

I see you are a local to my area maybe we will run into each other sometime. I'm in Rockwall, I guess I need to add that to my profile.

Hopefully things will stay dry around here for a few days. Soggy disc golf is not my fave. I'll still play of course, but not my fave. Rock on bro.

I own one of the first runs. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Not to beat a dead horse but I was over on reddit and saw the following. Apparently I'm not the only one the owner was a jerk to. Also looks like he outsourced to China on his own. Thread was about the Simian. Check it out.

I have one. They are big, heavy, and very comfortable. Then when u set it down and sit on it, and u realize it's all worth it lol. I personally love the bag. There are definitely downfalls, but it's great, I get compliments all the time. Although I thought the guy who makes them was a total jerk. Bought the bag, the shoulder ripped on its second round, sent it back and he said that he outsourced a few hundred black bags to China. Which really disappointed me because I wanted a hand made bag in America. Felt like false advertising to me. But he did fix it really well and defiantly charged me 30$ shipping, so now the bag was like 260$ and basically made in China... But I love it and will never go back to anything else, so he did something right! I wish I got a navy blue, tan, or brown one, I think I remember him saying he only outsourced the black bags for his promotions. All and all I will buy another one, but I personally had a really frustrating experience. Was hard to wait 2 weeks for it to get fixed after waiting for it to arrive for the same amount of time. But yeah, buy one, u will never to go a regular bag again. It holds me great and I weigh 305 lbs. But they are big, and pretty hot so if ur in the heat maybe not your bag. You won't have any problems pulling discs out, but the main only holds 12, 2 putters on the sides. And one of the side pockets I keep 4 midranges. So about 18 all together. Plus everything you would need for 2 rounds. If u want to pm me I could send u some pictures.

If nothing else, I'm buying a Ridge to sit on. Provided that Octo's are still sold out.

So yeah, I bought another Octo. No Ridge to sit on, but at least the Octothorpe keeps me on my feet and traversing disc golf courses!

I have posts in other threads. I have reviews of courses on here since 2012. I just have never been that active on here because some of y'all twist off too easy like now. You sir should get your facts straight before you rant and rave about someone you don't know. Parking lot of life indeed. I bet you stumble through that lot quite a bit. Why so hatefull?? You're triggered aren't you? Sorry I had an opinion different from your own. Like I said maybe you're right Do Work. Maybe you're right. Dang it I said I would ignore haters.

You sound like a completely level headed person that never "twists off too easy", like this post.

If you did any research on Gorilla Boy, you would know that his custom colors are made by hand, by him.

It's a one man operation.

He outsourced for a couple hundred bags so he could have some ready to sell, due to his lead time on the custom jobs.

But whatever, come in here without knowing how his business works and spread your joy in purchasing a knock off.

Not to beat a dead horse but I was over on reddit and saw the following. Apparently I'm not the only one the owner was a jerk to. Also looks like he outsourced to China on his own. Thread was about the Simian. Check it out.

I have one. They are big, heavy, and very comfortable. Then when u set it down and sit on it, and u realize it's all worth it lol. I personally love the bag. There are definitely downfalls, but it's great, I get compliments all the time. Although I thought the guy who makes them was a total jerk. Bought the bag, the shoulder ripped on its second round, sent it back and he said that he outsourced a few hundred black bags to China. Which really disappointed me because I wanted a hand made bag in America. Felt like false advertising to me. But he did fix it really well and defiantly charged me 30$ shipping, so now the bag was like 260$ and basically made in China... But I love it and will never go back to anything else, so he did something right! I wish I got a navy blue, tan, or brown one, I think I remember him saying he only outsourced the black bags for his promotions. All and all I will buy another one, but I personally had a really frustrating experience. Was hard to wait 2 weeks for it to get fixed after waiting for it to arrive for the same amount of time. But yeah, buy one, u will never to go a regular bag again. It holds me great and I weigh 305 lbs. But they are big, and pretty hot so if ur in the heat maybe not your bag. You won't have any problems pulling discs out, but the main only holds 12, 2 putters on the sides. And one of the side pockets I keep 4 midranges. So about 18 all together. Plus everything you would need for 2 rounds. If u want to pm me I could send u some pictures.

However the Bagalane Knock off was made before Gorilla Boy Simian was ever outsourced in 2017, I saw the knock off on Amazon in 2016 when all of the Simian models and colors were still made in the USA. This means that a bag was sent to the place that the Bagalane Chinese factories make its knock off purses and handbags by a person who in turn most likely got a free bag or 2, one for if the original bag was a friends. Rumor is from other threads on the Bagalane knockoff is the guy who did the help in getting knockoffs to be produced was from a Las Vegas Disc Golf Club. The Price of the knockoff is not low enough for me to try it.

That is not true. The ridge roller bag has a built in seat and is fantastic. Great build quality and functionality. It also can be bought with a matching pull cart if needed. I have owned the simian and the Ridge and it is a superior bag IMO.

I thought the company stopped making that bag? It was not available for a long period.

Latest posts