• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

GameProofer "smart" attachment for your discs

Related to what Murwen asked - will the offer of a free subscription for sure be open through August? It won't close once you reach some subscriber/pre-order number? A friend and I are debating between the GameProofer and TechDisc (we may pool resources and split cost on one of each) and we want to make sure to come to our decision before that offer expires.
Yes, the pre-order with free subscription will be open until the end of August. It will not be closed based on sales or no. of subscribers.

Thomas Gilbert has been said (by Nate Sexton, among others) to have quiet throws. IE there's not as much of an audible snap at release. Is that what the vibration metric measures? I don't think he releases the disc early. I think his grip is somewhat light.
Vibration is measuring, how much the disc is wobbling right after the release. Thomas Gilbert has a very smooth release, which is probably the reason for low audible sound as well as the low vibration figure.

Yes, the pre-order with free subscription will be open until the end of August. It will not be closed based on sales or no. of subscribers.
So if we preorder we get the free subscription but if we don't preorder we have to pay for the subscription?

On other notes since I realize I wouldn't get mine until what I suspect will be a very snowy winter, is the hardware waterproof and how tall is it since a lot of distance drivers are rather shallow?

discmania US site, $129.99 pre-order (delivery estimated in December)

Ummm, mine shows $179.99 price... is there something necessary to get $129.99? or was that a typo or something? (I'd definitely jump on it at $130, still kind of shaky at $180...)

So if we preorder we get the free subscription but if we don't preorder we have to pay for the subscription?

On other notes since I realize I wouldn't get mine until what I suspect will be a very snowy winter, is the hardware waterproof and how tall is it since a lot of distance drivers are rather shallow?
First point, correct.

Second point, the thickness/height of the enclosure is 6,9mm / 0.27in. We have used it with many different drivers and have not had issues. And the enclosure is fully dust and waterproof. This is one of the reasons, why we selected to use wireless charging.

I think I'd make myself bananas trying to get it perfectly centered, but it will be super interesting to see the data roll in.

Ummm, mine shows $179.99 price... is there something necessary to get $129.99? or was that a typo or something? (I'd definitely jump on it at $130, still kind of shaky at $180...)
As advertised, $129.99 / 129€ was a European Open special price.

Vibration is measuring, how much the disc is wobbling right after the release. Thomas Gilbert has a very smooth release, which is probably the reason for low audible sound as well as the low vibration figure.
I think there might be a correlation between wobble and snap, but I do think those are independent variables. With vibration and wobble being essentially the same thing, I do think that snap, as the audible noise made when the disc releases from the hand, is more the fingertips hitting the palm once the disc is removed. I don't think that causes wobble, however. Wobble is caused by the disc moving off-plane during the swing, and is exacerbated by lower spin rates. The effect of releasing the disc when a) the disc is off-plane, or b) the disc is in a deformed state due to correction prior to release (more noticeable with softer plastics). But the wobble itself shouldn't create the snapping sound. I spent a lot of time studying wobble, as someone who's been solving it in my throws, so I wanted to pass that along to you. I'm excited to see how your product comes to market and improves over time, and I hope to use it myself. 🙂

Apparently they had enough pre orders to bump the price.

Just saw the reply—the 130 was a special offer I guess.

At 180 and delayed delivery, I'd be tempted by the alternative. When I saw the 130 offer I jumped on it. I'm all about data. I think this technology is a step change in DG training. Doesn't mean I'll jump up 200 rating points, but I believe it could help me improve my technique.

I think Bill and a few others addressed this. The nose angle aspect is significant. Tech disc provides that and game proofed says "it's coming".

Im hopeful that by the time I get my gameproofer, that feature will be resolved.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for my TOSYs for over a year now, hoping they happen soon, last email said they got a new factory.

Special offer available in August. Get -20% off from GameProofer and $100 discount to Scott Stokely's Complete Discgolfer online course.

this is unfortunate that i got mine in Aug and paid full price. 20% is a lot of savings..

is there any update to what you said back in 2022 about firmware update? Excited for december to come and star using this..

Latest posts