• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glaring omission in the top 10

I'm in the opposite camp I guess. I haven't played Selah, but I like to see courses where par is a huge accomplishment.

Agreed, par should not be easy.

But that's also where a course like Maple Hill has a lot of appeal. The Gold Course is well beyond most of our skill levels, so par on that course is very difficult to achieve. However, par on the easiest layout (red course), is far more attainable. So as a player you have the choice to really challenge yourself on a difficult course where you will not make par, or play the easier course where you can rack up the birdie count.

Par should be a normal accomplishment if you're playing a course designed for your skill level.

I'm in the opposite camp I guess. I haven't played Selah, but I like to see courses where par is a huge accomplishment.

You got to look at it in context. When I say obtainable, you can see I've been playing DG for over half of my life and I'm rated in the 950+ range.

You got to look at it in context. When I say obtainable, you can see I've been playing DG for over half of my life and I'm rated in the 950+ range.
OK, my context is what % of disc golfers are 950+ rated ? Selah may be the best course for you, but not necessarily for the masses...

OK, my context is what % of disc golfers are 950+ rated ? Selah may be the best course for you, but not necessarily for the masses...

And that's one reason its such a great course. Any course that's gonna be suitable for the masses is not going to make the top ten.

And that's one reason its such a great course. Any course that's gonna be suitable for the masses is not going to make the top ten.

actually that's not true. Phantom Falls and Beaver Ranch are great for all skill levels. Maybe not all fitness levels, but all skill levels can enjoy both courses. First time I played BR was when I had barely started and was just wracking up course numbers, still super enjoyable. Phantom is always great, regardless of skill level. it also goes to show that a top 10 course does not need multiple big arm shots. I'm including BR in top 10 because of the amount of reviews it has had and it's only one bad review of Maple Hill away from being in the ten spot, as yesterday morning proved. SHame too, cause the MH review was well written and not just a smear to drop the overall score.

I'm not talking about enjoyability, I'm talking about making par. Make those courses so that the average 750 rated player is making par for the course on average and then you wouldn't have a two top ten courses.

Are you talking about the same review that mostly complained about being kicked out of private property where they were trespassing? I only saw a couple points in that one that had anything to do with the course, and the reviewer didn't play the majority of the holes. Well written is not how I would describe it. I have no issue with a review that doesnt follow the trend of other ratings, but that one simply didn't justify it at all.