• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Udisc top ten

Eman

Udisc's annual top ten has come out. Any thoughts?

1. Maple Hill Disc Golf, Leicester, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
2. Krokhol Disc Golf Course, Siggerud, Norway
3. Hillcrest Farm Disc Golf Course, Bonshaw, Prince Edward Island, Canada
4. Øverås Diskgolfpark, Vestnes, Norway
5. Kippasuo Pro at Heinola DiscGolfPark World, Heinola, Finland
6. Brewster Ridge Disc Golf Course, Smugglers' Notch Resort, Vermont, U.S.A.
7. Eagles Crossing Disc Golf Course, Hawk Point, Missouri, U.S.A.
8. Caliber Disc Golf Course, Sandpoint, Idaho, U.S.A.
9. Flip City Disc Golf, Shelby, Michigan, U.S.A.
10. Blue Ribbon Pines, East Bethel, Minnesota, U.S.A.

I know that U disc reviews aren't up to the same standard, but they have the advantage of a bigger user base allowing newer and non-American courses to have more reviews. None of the three European courses have a single review on this website.

Only three of the ten courses are in the top ten (Caliber, Flip city, and BRP), with smugglers and Maple being the only others in the top 25.

Shrug......honestly, I don't really care much about the ratings here. So, I certainly don't care about UDisc ratings. Reviews are the meat and potatoes of course information, for me. I have and will again do some traveling to play disc golf. Reviews of the courses, giving me an idea if the course fits my very particular list of wants, are want counts. I know, in today's social media world, we are all convince our opinions are VERY important and are needed ALL the time, but I am not concerned about what you think of a course....I want to know what you saw and found at the course. Reviews > Ratings.

There's no universal answer to the question of which disc golf courses are the best. Each golfer might have a different answer for different reasons.

With that said, I don't put much stock in Udisc ratings (just like I don't put much stock in Amazon reviews). I think dgcr has a much higher quality pool of reviews, but the lack new reviews is becoming a problem. A few years ago, dgcr was the definitive resource for course baggers, but as more people migrate to the phone apps the dgcr data gets more and more stale.

I just found out about a new (seasonal) course in the city of Chicago through a Jomez video. Looks like it opened sometime in summer of 2021 and it's not on dgcr. 5 years ago, that course would have been added to dgcr practically right away and one of the local baggers would have reviewed it within a few weeks. I'm guessing those guys moved to Udisc. :(

Latest posts