• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Glitch 1 7 0 0 The Gyro P/A & Catch Lid

ThrowaEnvy

GyrO Activation Technician.
Premium Member
glitch-pdga-announcement.jpg

Production
Manufacturer / Distributor: MVP Disc Sports
Approved Date: Jun 27, 2022
Certification Number: 22-115
Specifications
Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 2.0cm
Rim Depth: 1.6cm
Rim Thickness: 0.8cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 19.5cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 7.5%
Rim Configuration: 66.50
Flexibility: 3.41kg

1 7 0 0

Yes they are claiming a 7 for glide!!!!! :D It's available in 145-155g Neutron Soft on first release. Sept 22, 2022

Last edited:
Rattler contender? Might have to snag one...

This disc has been haunting my dreams since the announcement. Can't wait to snag a couple for me and the boys. Seems to be relatively torque resistant for that type of lid style disc. The soft is gonna help with akward landings and heck playing catch with this should be a great warm up and this disc should help to smooth your form out what's not to love! Come on 9/22!

why so light?

for something with "so much" glide I'd want to see that over 175 and not at L64 Beetle weights

Well I did noticed it on the approval it is 174 G Max so I guess we can hope that it might come out and have your weights. It really does make you wonder with the soft Neutron release and the lighter-weight if that isn't their optimal production specs

Seems like they want the weight to diameter ratio to be similar to a big diameter lid like the Ultra-star. It's actually still a bit above that.

Ultra-star:
175g / 27.3cm = 6.4g/cm

Sky-styler
160g / 26.7cm = 6g/cm

Glitch
145g / 21.2cm = 6.8g/cm

I get that, and that's probably ideal for catch. I love my 150 polecats, but aside from playing 9000'+ courses I prefer my 170+
I do find release timing to be trickier with lighter plastic as well. I am sure I will pick one up either way, just going to be tough to make the bag at that weight. You would think after the first mvp run ever being all 163 and those sat on shelves along side third run ions despite extremely low production numbers they would know it would be a harder sell

I'm going to stop by my local shop when they open tomorrow and see if they got any. I've been looking for a catch / lofty approach disc.

Straight, straight, straight even in wind. I picked up a 154g at the store today, throwing a few holes right now.

Bastard! I knew someone would be.. I'm curious to hear.

I can't even order them up here yet, the stock hasnt made it to Canuckleland yet. Woke up early like it was Christmas morning, checked online.. :( waa waaaah..

I can't even order them up here yet, the stock hasnt made it to Canuckleland yet. Woke up early like it was Christmas morning, checked online.. :( waa waaaah..

I was hoping to find an "overweight" one but nope. I'll throw 160 but a 148 just isn't going to work for me.

Hahaha! Anyway- the anomaly for me is that it doesn't like a nose-up anhyzer shot compared to the P2, Rainmaker, Envy, etc. Flat and hyzer release is pretty neat though. Putting in the circle wasn't so great with my spush whatever style.

It takes power way better than I expected, though it doesn't go that much farther. 60-200' is very fun, if you have a line-of-sight.

Last edited:
I fell into the hype and was more excited about this disc than any other release. Testing it out today, its not the disc for me

It flys like a 1/7/-4/0. Even the gentle throws, it flips right over. I video'd myself and saw i was releasing flat before it would flip right over on barely any power.
Im a decent short game player. I usually finish top 25% in my glow par 3 league. This disc just doesnt work for me. Ill stick with my Berg and Envy. This is not a disc golf disc

I was hoping to find an "overweight" one but nope. I'll throw 160 but a 148 just isn't going to work for me.

Ha yeah I checked hyzer farm on eBay, they sold over 100 glitches today.. Anything over 143 G is sold out

I think my arm and my level of expertise and my lack of distance will certainly help the glitch live up to the hype for me