• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Hex Midrange (you can Hex it but don't nice me!)

So, I didn't need a Hex (I'm honestly really happy with my Buzzz/Verdict combo) but finally caved to MVP hype as usual.

In the field I could place all three discs in the same spot both bh and fh. While I still don't think I need the Hex, I think where its going to shine is FH. Verdict maybe slightly less HSS and slightly more LSS (we're talking very small S curve difference here) and Buzzz hyzer flip to straight and Hex in between the two. The difference is really negligible in terms of what I can achieve with these discs vs Hex, but Hex seems a little more dummy proof / torque friendly / less sensitive to angles on FH. A lot of gyro excel at this IMO but I've tried several other MVP mids and they didn't do it for me. This one, however, I think will be a winner. Played a round today and lasered a Hex straight to pin. Normally I throw BH on this hole but jut felt confident turning to the Hex. I don't want to carry all three mids so I have to figure that out now-I'll continue to test them against each other.

Soft N, Max weight. Pretty OTB Open stamp.

Nice, glad I grabbed one. Neutron Soft is MVPs best plastic

Agreed. Any disc available in neutron soft, I don't even consider other plastics. I wish every disc with a single digit speed rating came in neutron soft.

I have two soft neutron hexes in the mail. I actually took the hex out of my bag for being too close to my seasoned eclipse reactor, but maybe the plastic will feel good enough to change my mind...........

Agreed. Any disc available in neutron soft, I don't even consider other plastics. I wish every disc with a single digit speed rating came in neutron soft.

I have two soft neutron hexes in the mail. I actually took the hex out of my bag for being too close to my seasoned eclipse reactor, but maybe the plastic will feel good enough to change my mind...........

Haha that's great, you can't go wrong with a hex, you almost made it 24hrs... hahawesome. For those that might have missed Mike's 2023 bag post last night at 7:42....

Some changes:

Also dropping the Hex for now. 99% sure I'll rebag it at some point, but for now it's too close to my most beat eclipse reactor. So my current mid line-up is a Pyro, two eclipse Reactors, and one Uplink.

I really like the neutron soft as well with the uplink it added a little stability, I will be curious to hear how the hex throws in soft. I'm currently throwing the eclipse a lot at dusk... waiting for those eclipse uplinks for otb wave 2

Last edited:
I will be curious to hear how the hex throws in soft. I'm currently throwing the eclipse a lot at dusk... waiting for those eclipse uplinks for otb wave 2

For me the Lizotl Hex, out of the box, was more neutral than I remember my neutron Hex's were. Now, I dropped the neutron hex's from the bag last year so my form maybe improved/changed but the Lizotl seemed to have a bit more high speed turn than I recall the neutron hex having.

The soft neutron hex is dead straight or maybe a super small turn (for me) at full rip and then a gentle fade at the end.

For me the Lizotl Hex, out of the box, was more neutral than I remember my neutron Hex's were. Now, I dropped the neutron hex's from the bag last year so my form maybe improved/changed but the Lizotl seemed to have a bit more high speed turn than I recall the neutron hex having.

The soft neutron hex is dead straight or maybe a super small turn (for me) at full rip and then a gentle fade at the end.

The eclipse hex's can really fill the gap between neutron Hex and the Pyro. I bag 3 Hex's of different stabilities, then an uplink and pyro for the midrange gaps they dont fill.

The eclipse hex's can really fill the gap between neutron Hex and the Pyro. I bag 3 Hex's of different stabilities, then an uplink and pyro for the midrange gaps they dont fill.

Beat up Hex's are the jam. Just the most buttery smooth turnovers for days.

I had the same experience with the eclipse hex a lot less stable than my Neutron well, I guess not a lot but you know what I mean it was noticeably less stable than a neutron right out of the box. Kind of like 4 months of wear, maybe 8 months. Heck I think it's less stable than my neutron still. Just a little baby S for turn.

No matter the plastic it does still keep its weird fh torque resistance. It just wants to laser line. Truly an amazing mold, BH and FH

Haha that's great, you can't go wrong with a hex, you almost made it 24hrs... hahawesome. For those that might have missed Mike's 2023 bag post last night at 7:42....

I really like the neutron soft as well with the uplink it added a little stability, I will be curious to hear how the hex throws in soft. I'm currently throwing the eclipse a lot at dusk... waiting for those eclipse uplinks for otb wave 2

Hah, those soft hexes are from the OTB release. I had a buddy order some of those and the soft eclipse proxies for me since I was busy at work, and they're just now making their way to me.

I had the same experience with the eclipse hex a lot less stable than my Neutron well, I guess not a lot but you know what I mean it was noticeably less stable than a neutron right out of the box. Kind of like 4 months of wear, maybe 8 months. Heck I think it's less stable than my neutron still. Just a little baby S for turn.

No matter the plastic it does still keep its weird fh torque resistance. It just wants to laser line. Truly an amazing mold, BH and FH

OK good I am not insane then, lol. It has been true in the past that some eclipse stuff has been beefier than the non-eclipse counter parts. But I think MVP has (and I believe this was their goal) significantly reduced the stability differences across the plastics.

In October 2021, my Eclipse Insanity was like a slightly straighter thunderbird. My Eclipse Reactor was quite close to a Pyro. My Eclipse Proxy was almost an envy and yet, oddly enough the Eclipse Envy was definitively the least fade envy I owned...and don't started on the resistors.

But in 2023, I immediately traded my eclipse reactor because it was pretty much identical to any other reactor I had owned and my eclipse hex is actually, like you said, my least stable hex out of the box.

I still remember the first time I threw a max weight Neutron Hex. I was honestly surprised by their stability. I recall hearing mixed reviews from space race--some saying it was more stable some saying it wasn't. I can say, at least for me, the three Lizotl hexes I have thrown have been discernably less stable.

OK good I am not insane then, lol. It has been true in the past that some eclipse stuff has been beefier than the non-eclipse counter parts. But I think MVP has (and I believe this was their goal) significantly reduced the stability differences across the plastics.

In October 2021, my Eclipse Insanity was like a slightly straighter thunderbird. My Eclipse Reactor was quite close to a Pyro. My Eclipse Proxy was almost an envy and yet, oddly enough the Eclipse Envy was definitively the least fade envy I owned...and don't started on the resistors.

But in 2023, I immediately traded my eclipse reactor because it was pretty much identical to any other reactor I had owned and my eclipse hex is actually, like you said, my least stable hex out of the box.

I still remember the first time I threw a max weight Neutron Hex. I was honestly surprised by their stability. I recall hearing mixed reviews from space race--some saying it was more stable some saying it wasn't. I can say, at least for me, the three Lizotl hexes I have thrown have been discernably less stable.

There's a lot to unpack here, but, MVP is producing many many more discs than they used to, and with the massive amounts of discs, we're seeing more runs than there used to be, which is the number one cause of variation in stability for discs, not plastic. Eclipse does tend to mold up more stable, but according to MVP, they've worked on countering this to make Eclipse be consistent with other plastics intended flights, so theoretically, all plastics from MVP should fly the same out of the box, and only the beating in will change flight characteristics. This is of course, not completely accurate because even with all the work MVP puts in to be consistent, they can't completely control all environmental conditions and variation happens. Variation even happens within the same run. For instance, I have 2 Neutron Hexes with the same limited DFX stamp that are most likely from the same run that are also exactly the same weight, but one has obviously higher PLH than the other and is a bit more stable.

But the thing is, even with that, the difference between the one Hex with the highest PLH as my most stable Hex, and my least stable Hex, which is my Lizottle, is still pretty negligible. I wouldn't say either one are so off that they are different discs. They both still fly like Hexes. The stable one isn't suddenly close to a Reactor, and the understable one isn't suddenly close to an Uplink. They fly close enough that I don't use them for different shots nor do I adjust how I'm throwing them based on which one I pick.

Now Craves on the other hand, there've been a few runs that are so drastically different they could be different discs. But thankfully, I don't think that is the norm for MVP in general.

So, I didn't need a Hex (I'm honestly really happy with my Buzzz/Verdict combo) but finally caved to MVP hype as usual.

In the field I could place all three discs in the same spot both bh and fh. While I still don't think I need the Hex, I think where its going to shine is FH. Verdict maybe slightly less HSS and slightly more LSS (we're talking very small S curve difference here) and Buzzz hyzer flip to straight and Hex in between the two. The difference is really negligible in terms of what I can achieve with these discs vs Hex, but Hex seems a little more dummy proof / torque friendly / less sensitive to angles on FH. A lot of gyro excel at this IMO but I've tried several other MVP mids and they didn't do it for me. This one, however, I think will be a winner. Played a round today and lasered a Hex straight to pin. Normally I throw BH on this hole but jut felt confident turning to the Hex. I don't want to carry all three mids so I have to figure that out now-I'll continue to test them against each other.

Soft N, Max weight. Pretty OTB Open stamp.

Hex for the win. It's everything I've hoped for and what I knew was possible with other mvp mids. But this one doesn't dissapoint. Ever since Proxy, I've wanted this kind of mid that can be layered straight fh. It's the big brother proxy. It will likely take both Buzzz and Verdict spot.

faster proxy is the perfect description. Putting a hex back in my bag today after testing out my soft N's. Sure they're close to the Reactor stability-wise in calm conditions, but throwing them side by side in the wind today made their different stability more apparent. I decided there's room for both.

oh, and speaking of hex flicks, don't think I ever posted this here - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YNYQt2JHvrQ&t=2m50s

Last edited:
zendragon;3882643MVP is producing many many more discs than they used to said:
Ding ding ding. Innova get's knocked for inconsistency but it's just because they make more runs than other manufacturers. As the manufacturers make more runs the natural variation between the same mold of different runs will become more apparent.

I overpaid for a Lizottle at Rare Air. By a good bit. A buddy of mine handed his to me about two weeks ago, and I literally had dreams about it. So, so smooth in the hand...
No disc is "worth" what I paid.

However, two things make it completely worth it:

1. It flies exactly where I ask it to, and
2. The thing glows like the sun at night.