• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Glitch 1 7 0 0 The Gyro P/A & Catch Lid

They handle wind pretty decent actually. I was surprised tbh.

WI winds. Not Okie winds for my sample size. I imagine those differ a bit :D

I took my Glitch (153) to a field and threw it along with my Ohm (174), Inner Core (168), and Hex (178). Used the Hex as a 'baseline' distance to see how far my putters were going as throwers.

The Glitch just never worked for me. I was throwing with a slight crosswind, but that didn't affect my other discs. The Glitch never went very far and just went to the ground quickly....sometimes becoming a roller that just curled back towards me.

Some things I need to consider and work on:
Was the difference due to weight?
Am I just not throwing the Glitch with the correct speed?

I do plan on working with it some more....but, it might just become a putting putter for me. I have found I'm hitting the basket from a bit further out than I can with the Ohm.

I found that when it comes to the Glitch it needs to be thrown like a freestyle lid. No arm speed, but with lots and lots of spin. And I really mean no arm speed. It's the spin of the disc that keeps it gliding through the air. Speed on the disc can cause it to turn wildly into a cut roller. IME and YMMV

I found that when it comes to the Glitch it needs to be thrown like a freestyle lid. No arm speed, but with lots and lots of spin. And I really mean no arm speed. It's the spin of the disc that keeps it gliding through the air. Speed on the disc can cause it to turn wildly into a cut roller. IME and YMMV

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for the next time I'm in the field with it. I was throwing it with a walk-up....I might just keep it to a stand-still and see if that makes a difference for me.

Exactly what wims said... don't get crazy with arm motion trying to add snap. Try for the straightest pull and a fluid throw. I can put my hips into a glitch from a standstill alright, I generally try to release on about a 10-15 degree hyzer though.

The Glitch can sense your fear and hesitation.. then it gets squirrelly and runs away but clean and confident gets you some circle.

I took my Glitch (153) to a field and threw it along with my Ohm (174), Inner Core (168), and Hex (178). Used the Hex as a 'baseline' distance to see how far my putters were going as throwers.

The Glitch just never worked for me. I was throwing with a slight crosswind, but that didn't affect my other discs. The Glitch never went very far and just went to the ground quickly....sometimes becoming a roller that just curled back towards me.

I do plan on working with it some more....but, it might just become a putting putter for me. I have found I'm hitting the basket from a bit further out than I can with the Ohm.

The Glitch also likes a bit of hyzer to flip up and ride. If you release with any anhyzer and too much power it'll ride that into the ground. My best results are nice, easy, high hyzer flips.

i love the glitch

i just dont love the availability or price

and i am sittin on a stack of dx aviars plus my buddy just gifted me a few of his signature edition ones

ill enjoy the ride while it lasts

I find that I throw my Glitch much like I throw my Comets, and that seems to work quite well. Now if only I could figure out how to FH the Glitch (I can FH Comets pretty good as long as I am meticulous about my form)???

Contrary to many others here, the few times I've thrown a Glitch I've tried throwing it like I would throw an Envy on linger throws. Hard with some height and and a little bit of hyzer. And every time it has flown well and held pretty darn straight with a little fade at the end.

Contrary to many others here, the few times I've thrown a Glitch I've tried throwing it like I would throw an Envy on linger throws. Hard with some height and and a little bit of hyzer. And every time it has flown well and held pretty darn straight with a little fade at the end.

When I first tried to throw mine hard, it turned over hard, but I worked on my form, and now I throw it like I throw all my discs and it just goes straight. My form was the issue, not the speed I was throwing it at for sure.

Yeah the Glitch is not touchy if you have a smooth, snappy throw.

I pipe mine 200-250 dead straight with relative ease.

I love the Glitch for a "cheat code" disc in the woods. Everyone else will be trying to throw a touchy driver line and I'll just pipe a Glitch a few times with far more consistency.

sounds perfect for brp hole 4

Nah bro, that tunnel is wide enough for a driver...or at least a hex!

I only ever fully piped it once, my first time, and the lhbh throw hit the last tree on the right and wheeled out like a boss for a look!

i havent played it since i got the glitch

i usually go plaz ion x 3 (if i pipe it otherwise im scrambling/chippin around)

did you card the 2

The glitch requires 'touch'. What that means in this case is more spin, you can't 'muscle' it, good nose angle control, and little-to-no off-axis torque.

I'm still learning myself. I love it from 35' to about 100' I usually hit something from C2 with it once or twice a round. I'm MA3, so that's well outside my comfortable putting range.

Beyond that, I wasn't sure about it at first, but the more I've played with it, the more I like it. I'm at the point where I can use it pretty comfortably out to about 150'. Every once in a while when I can get my form straight, I can push it out to 200' or so. When I do it right, it's effortless, holds whatever line I put it on, and just drops out of the sky at the end of the flight. I keep working with it because I can really see the potential for wooded courses. I'm forehand dominant, but I've been using it on some backhand anny turnover lines lately that have been working better than my forehand.

I find that I throw my Glitch much like I throw my Comets, and that seems to work quite well. Now if only I could figure out how to FH the Glitch (I can FH Comets pretty good as long as I am meticulous about my form)???

I've been playing with some forehand turnovers and lean outs, but beyond about 65' it's just too unpredictable. Inside of that, it's fine, just a bit deeper than I'd like for a forehand.

I caved and got a Glitch after being able to throw one after a league round. After a catch session, which was very enjoyable, I'm asking myself - did MVP just give us a stable putter in light weights and make us think it's something more than that?

It's a blast to throw and I would say it should be every first time disc golfer's only disc, but I think a lightweight P2 could serve the same purpose.

Latest posts