• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Glitch 1 7 0 0 The Gyro P/A & Catch Lid

I caved and got a Glitch after being able to throw one after a league round. After a catch session, which was very enjoyable, I'm asking myself - did MVP just give us a stable putter in light weights and make us think it's something more than that?

It's a blast to throw and I would say it should be every first time disc golfer's only disc, but I think a lightweight P2 could serve the same purpose.

I have a bit of experience with light weight (100-155g) putters, and I can say I agree for the most part. The Glitch does seem to have a straighter finish that most traditionally stable to OS putters. My 100g challenger and 140g wizard both have a more abrupt dumpy fade. The larger diameter and deep rim gives it a little more lid like flight than those while still being quite neutral at most speeds.

Fission Glitch

I just saw a video today ( forget site ) of someone who got a prototype Fission glitch, made with their fission tech where they inject air to lighten the plastic. He had a 138gm, & on comparison he said it had a higher parting line. It also seemed to be just a bit more concave on the rim too. Throwing it he said it felt more over stable than the Neutron or R2 Plastic. Maybe less center & more rim weight equel's more stability?? Looking forward to seeing one.

I just saw a video today ( forget site ) of someone who got a prototype Fission glitch, made with their fission tech where they inject air to lighten the plastic. He had a 138gm, & on comparison he said it had a higher parting line. It also seemed to be just a bit more concave on the rim too. Throwing it he said it felt more over stable than the Neutron or R2 Plastic. Maybe less center & more rim weight equel's more stability?? Looking forward to seeing one.

Ooooooooooooh a slightly less touchy Glitch sounds like I'm in trouble...and in a less slick plastic to boot. Now if only they'll run some Electron ones...or at least regular Neutron.

I snagged 2 Glitch aces this week. (And one for $138 at league.)

I'm not sure that they really deserved to be aces. Both were on the same 206'ish foot straight shot hole. It was a hose up throw that got about 30 feet in the air and then basically stalled and dropped into the basket. The only difference was that one was on the right of the basket and the other was on the left.

I'll take it, but it almost feels like I cheated on these aces.

I snagged 2 Glitch aces this week. (And one for $138 at league.)

I'm not sure that they really deserved to be aces. Both were on the same 206'ish foot straight shot hole. It was a hose up throw that got about 30 feet in the air and then basically stalled and dropped into the basket. The only difference was that one was on the right of the basket and the other was on the left.

I'll take it, but it almost feels like I cheated on these aces.
So are you saying that you Glitched the system? I know I didn't feel like I did anything special when I threw a nice hyzer shot for my Glitch ace that was ~220'.

So are you saying that you Glitched the system? I know I didn't feel like I did anything special when I threw a nice hyzer shot for my Glitch ace that was ~220'.
Pretty much. But on the other hand I did shout at them to stop about the time they stalled and landed in the basket....so maybe there is a Glitch in disc physics with this disc??

officially took mine outta the bag

it significantly warped moar and caused my back up r2 ion next to it in my bag to warp a bit too

i have had the r2 in the bag for several years so i know it wasnt that

even innova discs dont warp in my bag and im in the mild midwest for heat

its a fun disc and will be left in the trunk for random tosses with friends or water disc or whatever really

officially took mine outta the bag

it significantly warped moar and caused my back up r2 ion next to it in my bag to warp a bit too

i have had the r2 in the bag for several years so i know it wasnt that

even innova discs dont warp in my bag and im in the mild midwest for heat

its a fun disc and will be left in the trunk for random tosses with friends or water disc or whatever really

I noticed one of my Glitches warped really easily. I think it's the combination of the very thin plate and thin but stiff overmold that makes it more susceptible to warping. I was able to correct it pretty easily with a pan of hot water. It wasn't enough to make me want to drop the Glitch though, it's just too good for my approach game. I do live in the South though, so I don't store my discs in my car, and when they're in my closet, they're in a box stacked neatly. I don't store anything in my bag. I reload my bag every time I play.

I noticed one of my Glitches warped really easily. I think it's the combination of the very thin plate and thin but stiff overmold that makes it more susceptible to warping. I was able to correct it pretty easily with a pan of hot water. It wasn't enough to make me want to drop the Glitch though, it's just too good for my approach game. I do live in the South though, so I don't store my discs in my car, and when they're in my closet, they're in a box stacked neatly. I don't store anything in my bag. I reload my bag every time I play.
yah i think i will have to do the hot water trick

i tried to suction it to the table but that didnt hold

mine warped to what a mini ramp is compared to a half pipe

Now that the dust has settled are people still loving the Glitch? I kinda need something for low tunnel dead straight ~60 foot shots and seems like the Glitch is a good candidate. Don't plan to use it every round but seems nice to have it for fun too

i stopped baggin it due to the warpage

i let my beginner friend try it and they loved it

otherwise i just keep it in the trunk for campground around the fire buzzed up type utility

its still a super fun disc if they could work out the warpage issues i would consider gettin another one and baggin it

I just use mine for scramble shots out of the stuff since my sidearm is healing.

Nearly all my approaches are with the Glitch
Probably more on the 80 to 150 range
Pretty much this, righty backhand,
Straight or for a turnover shot.
If I need to go left or finish left, my over-stable light Wizard or Scale (really wish I could get a 150ish Fossil Scale) are used.

Now that the dust has settled are people still loving the Glitch? I kinda need something for low tunnel dead straight ~60 foot shots and seems like the Glitch is a good candidate. Don't plan to use it every round but seems nice to have it for fun too
Not a fan of having a bag of all 172-180g discs and one single 150g disc. Felt like it messed with my timing.

I gave my pair to my kid and she's getting great throws with them. Dead straight 50-80', which is good distance for her.

I'm happier with my Proxies. They have plenty of glide for me but are also much more consistent and better in the wind.

I'd definitely give the mold another shot if they came in normal weights, but as it is anything around 165g or lower feels off to me.

Love this disc for easy approaches. I think mine is a 154.

Me and my niece play disc golf together and she loves throwing it back and forth before we start a round. Very fun disc to own.

So I caved and bought one. First impressions just tossing it around my backyard I really enjoyed it. Like others have said it's just fun. I was expecting something wider diameter but it feels pretty close to a "normal" disc.

Not a fan of having a bag of all 172-180g discs and one single 150g disc. Felt like it messed with my timing.

I gave my pair to my kid and she's getting great throws with them. Dead straight 50-80', which is good distance for her.

I'm happier with my Proxies. They have plenty of glide for me but are also much more consistent and better in the wind.

I'd definitely give the mold another shot if they came in normal weights, but as it is anything around 165g or lower feels off to me.

Supposedly the Watt is just a heavier Glitch. I doubt they'd do anything for you your proxies can't already do though.

I was thinking watt for Mike C as well. I wonder if you fully power up a watt if it wouldn't do some cool turns on its own. It throws less stable than a premium proxy but if you had an electron proxy I think it would be redundant.

For sub 300 throwers, the watt is not a glitch. It's another putter that excels at being fantastically average. The glitch appeal is how little power it takes to throw and the easy glide. For a newbie something like a glitch/watt combo could be deadly mixed with a relay.

Latest posts