• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow gazelles (Star and Champ Coming Soon)

Innova selling illegal discs for a premium...Too bad they know as well as we do that no TD scales discs except in Japan.

nope. the glow gazelles are notorious for being piggishly overweight. i remember weighing about 2 dozen to look for 175's and out of that stack almost half were marked 175 but weighed 177+

Gazelles are the sexiest discs that I don't carry. I've thrown a worn 10x KC and a new Champ Glow. Both are super-controllable and they are great hyzer-flippers.

Is anyone pleased with the way the star gazelles turned out? I was thinking they'd be flatter. I don't waste the $ if they aren't worth it.

They're domey and stable and wish they had the shape of DX. I'm going to try and flatten them a bit and see if it makes any difference. They are pretty stable to start, but I've not had or used them enough to break them in a little and see how they fly. I can get great long predictable sexy flex shots out of them brand new. I was going to play a round of only flicks and see how the discs stacks up, but I've been praticing for some consecutive tourneys lately.

Nice! So just to clarify, the domey Star Gazelle is stable (straight) or over-stable (hooks strongly)? Is the Glow Champ more or less over-stable than the Star?

An over-stable flexy Gazelle sounds perfect for me...I've been rocking the Banshee for a while in the over-stable fairway driver slot, but it just doesn't have the same glide/carry, and the Gazelle is more versatile. The early ESP Cyclones (flat top, uber-rigid plastic) were the best ever discs for this shot, but the ones they've made in the past year have not been anywhere near as over-stable as the early ones...a big disappointment.

Yes. Mine is identical to my 11x kc pro. Stiffness is about the same too.