• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Golfers that don't keep score!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep score if I am playing with people that do, or on a course I've never played.. most times I keep track of the hole.. this one I birdied, this I bogey, par.. I forget by the next hole.. I can tell if I am getting better if I get more birdies or pars than usual. A lot of times I'm out to enjoy the day and if I'm by myself I'll throw more than 1 disc if there is no one around. it's all arbitrary, and it doesn't bother me that much.. if I play with some people by the time we get done I can say if I', usually in a 3 number range..

I agree with Frank here. Those of you that have to keep score every time are sad folks. Can you really not tell if you are playing good unless a number tells you?

I agree with Frank here. Those of you that have to keep score every time are sad folks. Can you really not tell if you are playing good unless a number tells you?

I'm not understanding the hate for taking score. So what, some people like to keep score.

For the people so adamant about not taking score because you are too cool...

your-high-horse.jpg

I definitely won't take as many chances or learn as many shots if I'm playing for a score. If I'm loose and just want to see if I can make a particular shot, it's no big deal. If I tried that during a scored round, I'll just get pissed at myself for screwing up par.

I'm not understanding the hate for taking score. So what, some people like to keep score.

For the people so adamant about not taking score because you are too cool...

your-high-horse.jpg

there are a lot of reasons I am cool, not keeping score is just one of them.

I throw enough discs during solo rounds that keeping score wouldn't really mean anything. When I actually want to think about it but still keep rough track, I will throw California style.

Don't let these losers steer your wrong OP. Keeping score is important to tell if your getting better or not. Those who don't keep score are casual golfers or sallypants.. To each their own I guess. You compare scores from the same course, not two different ones that are extremely hard to extremely easy...what joker said that? Anyways keep your score and don't pay attention to these clowns who are "shaping lines"

Some times Ill keep score on my phone as I play. But I dont look at the totals until I'v finished.
But I can feel if my game was on or not.

You know your improving by how your shots are flying... your score is arbitrary. When I play solo on my local course I rarely keep score.

Indeed, this is without a doubt true and it probably tells you a lot more than day to day fluctuations in score. However, scores improving slowly over the long term would also indicate improvement, so they both work!

I think keeping score does hinder some aspects of the game but improves others. I usually try to keep score for a few days/weeks in advance of a tournament that I want to be focused at but if I'm not prepping for anything, I think it is advantageous to just try new shots, be flexible, and learn - this really is the best way to 'elevate' your game. Mastering new shots requires mistake making and usually keeping score acts in opposition to my willingness to take risks with new or unfamiliar shots.

I don't know if you people realize it but when you take score, you can throw other shots. It's not a tournament you are not going to be penalized for taking several shots. Hell everytime I play Zebulon when I get to the open holes on the back I am always trying out new drivers and different shots. I just count my initial throws.

I don't know if you people realize it but when you take score, you can throw other shots. It's not a tournament you are not going to be penalized for taking several shots. Hell everytime I play Zebulon when I get to the open holes on the back I am always trying out new drivers and different shots. I just count my initial throws.

^^THIS^^

Status
Not open for further replies.