• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Golfers that don't keep score!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't let these losers steer your wrong OP. Keeping score is important to tell if your getting better or not. Those who don't keep score are casual golfers or sallypants.. To each their own I guess. You compare scores from the same course, not two different ones that are extremely hard to extremely easy...what joker said that? Anyways keep your score and don't pay attention to these clowns who are "shaping lines"

Don't worry. Really, the only thing that bothere me is the fact that I now realize why it takes me so long to play a round aometimes. I get stuck behind somebody "practicing," throwing 6 shots off the tee every hole while I'm trying to GOLF!

I don't usually keep track of score when I play. If anything I just keep a mental note of if i birdied, parred, or bogeyed the hole, nothing cumulative. With this i have a rough idea of how my round is going.

Your pretty insecure in your game if you have to keep score every time you play.

It's "You're"

I agree with Frank here. Those of you that have to keep score every time are sad folks. Can you really not tell if you are playing good unless a number tells you?

Sad? The only thing that is sad is that you have an opinion like that over something that is inconsequential.

I keep all my scores no matter if it's a casual round or a tourney round. The main reason I keep all my scores is to update my "scorebook" to get more Achievements!
I could care less what others think about that or how I play.
Those that are getting their panties all in a bunch over peeps always keeping their scores need to realize that it takes all kinds of peeps to make the world go 'round.
Do what you wanna do and never give anyone grief if they're doing something that is different than what you do.
OP, keep your scores and use them to gauge whatever you want. Don't listen to these people talking trash 'cause you like numbers, stats, etc.

Snappyfingers updating his scorebook.

nerd.jpg

When I first started I never kept score.. I probably played about 6 or 7 times before I started counting.

I forgot.. when Im playing by myself Ill normally throw a few discs from every spot so I guess I dont keep score on those days. But I also dont consider that a proper round.

Im the opposite . . . on almost all solo round . . . I throw two discs and play them out . . . which does two things . . . it shows me my abilities (because my best scores are what shows my true ability), but is also helps me learn from the mistakes I make on throw #1. I am getting better and able to track the progress because I keep score on every round I play and I mean EVERY . . . check my scorebook for proof!

Seriously, we have 13 pages over keeping score on casual rounds? It doesn't matter. Keep score if you want to. Don't keep score if you don't want to. Neither way hurts anybody else.

Seriously, we have 13 pages over keeping score on casual rounds? It doesn't matter. Keep score if you want to. Don't keep score if you don't want to. Neither way hurts anybody else.

You need to change your posts per page settings dood.

If you're not keeping score, then you aren't playing golf...you're just throwing discs. I prefer to play golf.

Quite possibly my favorite quote of alltime on DGCR!

Status
Not open for further replies.