• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 30.4%

• Total voters
gorillaboy said:
UPDATE!!!
UPDATE!!!

I now have the back, top, front, and bottom of the backpack done.....just gotta finish up the sides this week ( hopefully I can find the time since I got stuck on over time at work now for the next week ) then just gotta do some field testing of the pack...I'm trying to shoot for a late April/ early May release of the pack....I'll try and keep ya all updated on my progress.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: , id be happy to test a proto for you :mrgreen:

Jesse B 707 said:
gorillaboy said:
UPDATE!!!
UPDATE!!!

I now have the back, top, front, and bottom of the backpack done.....just gotta finish up the sides this week ( hopefully I can find the time since I got stuck on over time at work now for the next week ) then just gotta do some field testing of the pack...I'm trying to shoot for a late April/ early May release of the pack....I'll try and keep ya all updated on my progress.

I said that about 2 years ago :D.

Something else I asked about a while back that I am curious about: One of my biggest problems with disc golf bags is how low they sit on my back (I'm 5'4"). Do you think this will be a problem with your new backpack?

Furthur said:
Jesse B 707 said:
gorillaboy said:
UPDATE!!!
UPDATE!!!

I said that about 2 years ago :D.

Something else I asked about a while back that I am curious about: One of my biggest problems with disc golf bags is how low they sit on my back (I'm 5'4"). Do you think this will be a problem with your new backpack?

I'm thinking my backpack will maybe ride a little higher than most backpacks...but I suppose that could very with mine depending on how you use it....

Do you have a guestimate on the price? I'm wishing I wouldn't have given my back pack up.

dgdave said:
Do you have a guestimate on the price? I'm wishing I wouldn't have given my back pack up.

my back pack is probably going to be in between the $150.00 to $200.00 I've haven't quit gotten to that part yet though. but I promise it's going to be worth it. the select few that have seen it and know what I'm trying to accomplish with the back pack will tell you the price will be worth what your going to get out of the back pack.

gorillaboy said:
dgdave said:

my back pack is probably going to be in between the $150.00 to $200.00 I've haven't quit gotten to that part yet though. but I promise it's going to be worth it. the select few that have seen it and know what I'm trying to accomplish with the back pack will tell you the price will be worth what your going to get out of the back pack.

From what I've seen of the pack and the ideas and exhaustive effort that have gone into it, I think it will easily be worth $150. The Revo backpack sells for $160, and tons of players have made that investment. I believe the Gorilla Boy backpack will be better and have more features that are valuable -- especially to tournament players. So I think even if it costs more than the Revo, it will still find a market.

That said, I think $200 will be too much for players to stomach -- especially in this economy. I'd say $180 shipped is about the max that is realistic for players to purchase, no matter how many bells and whistles it has, and no matter how great the design. The current Kong in the GB lineup is $120 shipped. Add $30-$40 for Quadshocks from some other vendor, and you're looking at $150-$160 for the current top-of-the-line GB bag. So again, I think it's reasonable for the backpack to cost more than that.

But still... I think $180 shipped needs to be the top price point -- anything more than that and advise reconsidering the design in some small ways to keep costs down. Or at least offering a "normal" and a "deluxe" model. A $150 version and a $200 version... something like that.... Or maybe make some of the bells and whistles optional add-ons so that the standard model is $170 and it's $200 with all the bells and whistles... something so a player can get a backpack at less than $180. Otherwise, I think Revo will continue to dominate the backpack market.

tim said:
gorillaboy said:
dgdave said:

From what I've seen of the pack and the ideas and exhaustive effort that have gone into it, I think it will easily be worth $150. The Revo backpack sells for $160, and tons of players have made that investment. I believe the Gorilla Boy backpack will be better and have more features that are valuable -- especially to tournament players. So I think even if it costs more than the Revo, it will still find a market.

That said, I think $200 will be too much for players to stomach -- especially in this economy. I'd say $180 shipped is about the max that is realistic for players to purchase, no matter how many bells and whistles it has, and no matter how great the design. The current Kong in the GB lineup is $120 shipped. Add $30-$40 for Quadshocks from some other vendor, and you're looking at $150-$160 for the current top-of-the-line GB bag. So again, I think it's reasonable for the backpack to cost more than that.

But still... I think $180 shipped needs to be the top price point -- anything more than that and advise reconsidering the design in some small ways to keep costs down. Or at least offering a "normal" and a "deluxe" model. A $150 version and a $200 version... something like that.... Or maybe make some of the bells and whistles optional add-ons so that the standard model is $170 and it's $200 with all the bells and whistles... something so a player can get a backpack at less than $180. Otherwise, I think Revo will continue to dominate the backpack market.
yeah if i spent more than 150/160 on a bag right now my GF would throw a fit!

Jesse B 707 said:
tim said:
gorillaboy said:
dgdave said:

Cowboy up!

Jwt4412 said:
Jesse B 707 said:
tim said:
gorillaboy said:
dgdave said:

Cowboy up!
i just don't know how she'd react to a punch in the face and me yelling "Get back in the kitchen!" :wink:

tim said:
As someone who has owned MANY disc golf bags (including a backpack), and currently owns two GB bags, I don't think I agree. 1) I'm not sure there is such a thing as "dominating the backpack market" when backpacks are already such a tiny percentage of the bags out there. 2) I don't think there is much difference between $180 and $200. Anyone who's spending over $150 for a bag is already spending a LOT of money. I don't think they're going to hold back at that point if they're trying to buy the ultimate bag. Is cheaper nice? Yes. But the target market for this bag knows what they're buying and knows it's worth it. Which leads to 3) Go all out. If your goal is to make the ultimate bag then do it. Don't cut corners to get the price down a few dollars. If it's better than what's already out there, even if it costs a little more, people will be happy to buy it. You can always decide to make a cheaper version somewhere down the road after your kick-ass design has proven itself.

I agree with the 180 price. People are a lot more likely to spend 199.99 than they are 200. Also if the price is 180 shipped, say 180 with free shipping instead of 165 and 15 shipping.

I'm going to be basing my price for the pack on these things

1: how much material is used
2: how long it takes to put one together
3: the price of the things it will eliminate you having to have with you
4: the convenience of what it will allow you to do with it

the absolute lowest price that it will be is going to be $150 but that will be a very dumbed down version of what I'm working on right now and thats if i can handle another bag to the line up I already have

I got my Squirrel Monkey today. This is a great bag. I think what I realy like is how lite it is. Great craftmanship very happy.

mattw said:
I got my Squirrel Monkey today. This is a great bag. I think what I realy like is how lite it is. Great craftmanship very happy.

Sweet! Post some pictures when you get a chance!