• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

That Gray/Black bag looks great, nice addition with the paracord pulls as well. Thanks for the photo! :thmbup:

You guys actually keep discs in the front bottom pocket? I think its a great idea to have it there for minis or your go to disc but i find it a pain to keep a disc there while pulling other discs out.
Only my mini discs

You guys actually keep discs in the front bottom pocket? I think its a great idea to have it there for minis or your go to disc but i find it a pain to keep a disc there while pulling other discs out.

Not me, keep 18 in the main compartment and my 2 putters in the putter pocket up top. I might put my Nano mini in there from time to time, but that front bottom pocket is usually empty for me.

I use the front pocket on the L Series bag. I play music on my phone and put it in the mesh pocket. No more mesh!!!! I would have no use for that pocket otherwise.

Saw the new bag.... Looks cheapER! I like my L-series just fine.

Saw the new bag.... Looks cheapER! I like my L-series just fine.

I have both. I like my L series too, but I'm loving the improvements on the A series. The putter quiver and front pocket are a lot bigger too. The extra space in the side pockets was a nice touch too.

I got my A series a few weeks ago, I love the bag but have two small issues:

The bag doesn't stay upright unless it's got both water bottles in the back to weigh it down. If there are no water bottles in it, it very easily tips over forwards (even on my pool table, pretty much the flattest and most level surface available).

Secondly, I've had no luck figuring out where to redeem my dgptv membership. When I registered the bag there was a small checkbox at the bottom of the form, clicked it, and nothing more came of it. Does anyone have any info as to how/where to redeem the membership?

Secondly, I've had no luck figuring out where to redeem my dgptv membership. When I registered the bag there was a small checkbox at the bottom of the form, clicked it, and nothing more came of it. Does anyone have any info as to how/where to redeem the membership?

Jayme from Grip emailed me last week and said "DGPTV is actually going to be the one who will contact you regarding your membership. They will have everyone contacted by their next live streaming coverage of the Kansas City Wide Open mid June"

I got my A series a few weeks ago, I love the bag but have two small issues:

The bag doesn't stay upright unless it's got both water bottles in the back to weigh it down. If there are no water bottles in it, it very easily tips over forwards (even on my pool table, pretty much the flattest and most level surface available).

Really? Might want to send a video to Grip of that, maybe you got a lemon. Mine stands up just fine.

Oh...found another thing I really love. The adjustable putter quiver. Awesome.

Really? Might want to send a video to Grip of that, maybe you got a lemon. Mine stands up just fine.

Oh...found another thing I really love. The adjustable putter quiver. Awesome.

I would but I don't care that much, I've always got water in it so it doesn't matter. I'm too busy loving everything else about the bag to have time caring about that. I came from having a fade crunch box, which is an awesome bag, but it was definitely worth the money to be able to carry twice the discs. Not to mention having the weight on both shoulders makes hiking around in a bag that weighs almost three times as much feel less cumbersome.

I would but I don't care that much, I've always got water in it so it doesn't matter. I'm too busy loving everything else about the bag to have time caring about that. I came from having a fade crunch box, which is an awesome bag, but it was definitely worth the money to be able to carry twice the discs. Not to mention having the weight on both shoulders makes hiking around in a bag that weighs almost three times as much feel less cumbersome.

I know right? I had a Disccarrier with those DGA straps on it, and it hung so low on my back...the Grip bags feel like carrying nothing.

Are the discs quite a bit easier to get out of the A-Series than they were on the L-Series?

Also, anyone willing to take a pic of bag while they're wearing it? Feezer813's pictures back on page 14 are telling, the A-Series looks huge when viewed from the back, but about the same size when viewed from the side. Seems like the slant of the bag might be making the bag look deceptively large, so I'm curious what it looks like when you're actually wearing it. Wish Grip had pictures or vids of people wearing the bag.

Are the discs quite a bit easier to get out of the A-Series than they were on the L-Series?

Also, anyone willing to take a pic of bag while they're wearing it? Feezer813's pictures back on page 14 are telling, the A-Series looks huge when viewed from the back, but about the same size when viewed from the side. Seems like the slant of the bag might be making the bag look deceptively large, so I'm curious what it looks like when you're actually wearing it. Wish Grip had pictures or vids of people wearing the bag.

Side by side, the only noticeable difference, besides the angle, is that the A series is a little taller. Now when you actually use it, you realize that the putter quiver is so much bigger. The side pockets appear to be the same, but it is much easier to get a hoodie in now.(see previous Grip post how they achieved this) The opening in front seems a lot easier now to get discs in and out. The flap pocket is much bigger too. If I get a chance tonight, I will post pics while wearing each one.

The bag might look "cheaper" simply because it orients the space better. The L-series was more focused on style. Because it paid more attention to things like sleeker edges and styled pockets, it may look sharper but didn't maximize its functionality. When you tweak up small things like the main opening ever so slightly, it makes the discs easier and the front pocket now fits a disc on all bags. Aside from the visual height difference, there appear to be near undetectable changes where the design is the same but the function is now utilized better. It's like trying to sit in a gorgeous sports car. Outside is sexy, inside feels like a clown car. The L-series was the Corvette of the backpacks. Grip made a bag right off the bat that caught everyone's eye and put them on the map. Now they're perfecting the function.

Still not sure it's worth $60 more though, lol