• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

Got to play my first rain round with the A series.... must say that the rainfly makes it damn near waterproof. Liking this bag more and more each round.

Got to play my first rain round with the A series.... must say that the rainfly makes it damn near waterproof. Liking this bag more and more each round.

living in western Wa., the rain fly was one of the major reasons i choose this bag:thmbup:

I have no trouble getting discs out of my L series. 12 drivers and 7 mids. Three putters in the quiver. I could hold 2 or 3 more if I used the two front pockets.
Same here and mine is packed with 25 total (21 imn the main compartment) I'm sure people already do this, but one trick is to place your mids in the middle of the main pocket. So I have my drivers on the left and fairway drivers on the right. Works quite well this way.

Jayme from Grip emailed me last week and said "DGPTV is actually going to be the one who will contact you regarding your membership. They will have everyone contacted by their next live streaming coverage of the Kansas City Wide Open mid June"
Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen, but I'm still curious if anyone has been contacted yet. I'd like to watch some of the KCWO.

regarding dgptv memberships

I got this E-mail back from Jayme today,
Hey Adam! DGPTV is actually going to be the one who will contact you regarding your membership. They will have everyone contacted by their next live streaming coverage of the Kansas City Wide Open mid June. Thank you for your patience!

Jayme
Grip Equipment

Hopefully this will clarify some things for everyone.

Lmao.... a leather grip would be hot as a skillet on your back during summer rounds. It would look kickass though.

FWIW I got every single disc from my Innova Disccarrier into my A-series with no issue. 18 in the main compartment, 3 in the putter pocket up top.
I know this is old news for most, but for anyone else weighing the L-Series vs the A-Series, I fit 17 and 3 in the L-Series I just got, plus I hid a rarely used backup up under the main flap. Feels like the main compartment could expand to 18 over time, the sides are somewhat bowed in at the moment. If you absolutely need to store more than 21, I'd go with the A-Series.

Popular Mechanics reports that "competition-grade" leather (of about 1.4 mm thick) offered four times the abrasion resistance of synthetic Kevlar/Cordura, and 16 times that of denim.

Popular Mechanics reports that "competition-grade" leather (of about 1.4 mm thick) offered four times the abrasion resistance of synthetic Kevlar/Cordura, and 16 times that of denim.

Good catch with that article, Aim For The Chains! Believe it or not, we've actually looked at leather. Here are the reasons we use 1000 denier cordura instead:

First of all, that 2003 popular mechanics article used a 100mph slide to compare competition-grade leather to a lighter, less abrasion resistant cordura commonly used in motorcycle jackets. They either didn't test or didn't report results for 1000 denier cordura.

In industry standard tests that are more relevant for the kind of abrasion experienced by outdoor gear, our cordura gives 5-48% more abrasion resistant than modern competition-grade leather. That variability is all in the leather tests. Cordura is stronger, more consistent, it's 1/3 as thick, more water resistant, more breathable, and has a smaller carbon footprint. Of course, cordura isn't the perfect fabric--but that's something we're working on developing ourselves. :cool:

and it doesn't kill kittens.
My cordura Chrome messenger has absolutely NO signs of minor fraying and fraying I mean you cannot attach velcro to it. I have had it for over a year, tossing it on the floor at school, home, car, concrete, ky jelly tub. It is indestructible. Leather you have to worry about the sunlight, staining, being freaking hot and sticky, it can look cool with leather portions, but cordura is the way to go.
Also cordura will withstand sharp contacts better than leather.

Don't worry, spider silk is the future. Wear bulletproof bags later with bullet proof dry fits.

Loving the grip bag so far. Was having a hard time placing discs back inside during play, but realized that you have to turn the disc horizontal and then slide it in. Overall great design, light, comfortable.

When I do sweat though, I am afraid of putting the backpack on because the back padding might absorb the order and liquid. Is this factor substantiated... is there a way to avoid or clean, or does it not absorb at all?

Latest posts