• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has being stuck with Innova molds ruined nikko's game?

^^^^This. It's what I've been saying from day one. The discs don't matter.

These guys are pro disc golfers. They should be able to pick up somebody else's bag and shoot pretty close to what they would with their own.

Haha, that could have been it. a slam to the lower back may not look serious but we don't have xray vision to see what that shock does to our spine and muscles inside. That's why back problems are the number one chronic injury.

If disc golf is your only source of income, imagine how tough it would be to sustain an injury and basically not make any money during an off year like this. Do these guys have health insurance? If disc golf ever blows up into a big sport, I hope the players in that era will take it upon themselves to give back to today's players for grinding it out like they do.

If disc golf is your only source of income, imagine how tough it would be to sustain an injury and basically not make any money during an off year like this. Do these guys have health insurance? If disc golf ever blows up into a big sport, I hope the players in that era will take it upon themselves to give back to today's players for grinding it out like they do.

As self-entitled and selfish as the collective of disc golfers are, I wouldn't count on it.

But he did say that he doesn't care what anyone says, that the Legacy Cannon purple pop tops are the farthest flying disc in the game, and that his putters are "Horrendous"....not saying anything else.

wonder how much it would cost to hotstamp gateway blanks with the innova team logo

love watching nikko play

wonder how much it would cost to hotstamp gateway blanks with the innova team logo

love watching nikko play

He's admitted in an interview (that was quickly removed from the blog where it was posted) that he's competed with Wizards since switching to Innova.

There was also a Nonstop Facebook post where somebody said that he had been putting with Wizards at worlds because it's what he felt comfortable with. That was also pulled down very quickly.

Yeah! Damn him for doing what's best for him! ****ing traitor. It has such a huge impact on the common disc golfers day to day, I'm just not sure how we'll survive.

Maybe through unity, we can power through this, together!

Nikko just needs time with his all innova bag. The biggest loss was obviously his putters but he'll get used to some version of the aviar eventually.

I think we should push for the pros to throw a mixed bag. I know right now that the true sign of being "pro" is a manufacturers sponsorship. but I think it would behoove the manufacturers to stop the exclusive sponsorships. Pros will pick the absolute best discs for their game. Then the manufacturers can drop back and punt and really try to put out good molds rather than try to fill out holes in a bogus flight chart. I'd actually like to see manufacturers have less molds. I think Millennium and Discmania have the right idea.

the newest discs sell. they need to keep pushing out new stuff because new people eat it up.
they also need to limit pros to their discs because when someone says "the putting champion won with a Pure" People run out and get a pure. I will bet the sonic has seen a 3% increase in sales since people saw Climo throw one.

I think we should push for the pros to throw a mixed bag. I know right now that the true sign of being "pro" is a manufacturers sponsorship. but I think it would behoove the manufacturers to stop the exclusive sponsorships. Pros will pick the absolute best discs for their game. Then the manufacturers can drop back and punt and really try to put out good molds rather than try to fill out holes in a bogus flight chart. I'd actually like to see manufacturers have less molds. I think Millennium and Discmania have the right idea.

Which is why they've pushed discraft and innova right out of the market...

In all seriousness, you can find the same kind of stable simple setup within the two big manufacturers' lineups, they just also put out a wide range of other molds because that keeps them in business. Catering only to the tiny percentage of disc golfers that are active tournament players and read disc golf forums would be a terrible business decision.

Anyone good enough to have two disc companies that want to sponsor them is also good enough to limit themselves to one manufacturer and still perform almost exactly the same as they would with any other manufacturer or a mixed bag.

Which is why they've pushed discraft and innova right out of the market...

In all seriousness, you can find the same kind of stable simple setup within the two big manufacturers' lineups, they just also put out a wide range of other molds because that keeps them in business. Catering only to the tiny percentage of disc golfers that are active tournament players and read disc golf forums would be a terrible business decision.

Arn't Discmania and Millenium owned by Innova??