• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Paige Bjerkaas peaked?

Im in the mood to play devils advocate here. Regardless of her game being elevated, she is still not good enough to beat PP when PP is PP. No one is...and no one has elevated their game consistently to the PP level.

Im in the mood to play devils advocate here. Regardless of her game being elevated, she is still not good enough to beat PP when PP is PP. No one is...and no one has elevated their game consistently to the PP level.

I respectfully disagree. PP being PP means making poor risk/reward decisions and throwing OoB 8 times per round.

Nothing, imho. I for one am glad the FPO division is getting stronger. I love the attitude Paige B plays with and winning worlds seems to have carried over this year in terms of confidence.

I'm impressed with her play, especially her decision-making on the course. I expect her rating to continue to rise as she adds more tools and distance to her game. Which should be a scary thought to the FPO field—that the defending world champion is still clearly getting better.

Since winning Worlds, and especially this year, PB has been on the top of leaderboards, including at the end when it counts most. Her confidence is obvious, and her success is flowing from that.

Paige B hasn't peaked, she has only begun. In fact the FPO competition in general is rising to a higher level overall.

Agreed, but PB is going beyond that. She's setting a new pace for the FPO field.

I respectfully disagree. PP being PP means making poor risk/reward decisions and throwing OoB 8 times per round.

When PP is 'awn', she's definitely the FPO player to beat. But i'd argue that PB is reaching that consistency to challenge PP more often. And yes, PP has a few issues to clean up (had some early releases at WACO, etc.), but when she does, the PP/PB battles will rival McBeast/Wysocki battles...

Since winning Worlds, and especially this year, PB has been on the top of leaderboards, including at the end when it counts most. Her confidence is obvious, and her success is flowing from that.

Agreed, but PB is going beyond that. She's setting a new pace for the FPO field.

When PP is 'awn', she's definitely the FPO player to beat. But i'd argue that PB is reaching that consistency to challenge PP more often. And yes, PP has a few issues to clean up (had some early releases at WACO, etc.), but when she does, the PP/PB battles will rival McBeast/Wysocki battles...

Yo, y'all forgettin' about Cat????????? Won Waco, shot 1022 in TX this weekend. Her putting is back.

I feel like Paige P and Cat can play at a level that no other FPO player can. . BUT they CAN be very uneven and play very bad at times.
Paige B and Hokom has a more even level of play, and sometimes thats better than PP and Cats highs and lows

Yo, y'all forgettin' about Cat????????? Won Waco, shot 1022 in TX this weekend. Her putting is back.

Not forgetting Cat at all, and yes she played extremely well and consistently at the WACO tournament. My above comments were simply specific to PB/PP...

Is anyone else struggling to re-wire your brain to not read PB as Patrick Brown?

Regardless of Pierce's game, there's no way you can say Bjerkaas has peaked... she clearly seems to be improving.

I feel like PB would destroy the FPO field. I can't believe anyone would even argue.
Wouldn't PB just stick their tongues to the top of their mouths? It would be uncomfortable and annoying, but hardly destructive. :|

The really nice thing about all of this is that the two Paiges are good friends, and the competition is not a problem between them.

Latest posts