• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Yeah, I've been on their site. BTW, they chat Ed their color scheme for the OD green. It doesn't look like that anymore. But the bag is so good I don't really care. But if you're a color sensitive person get an updated picture before you buy.

Just consider the Core a stepping stone. Next time you need a bag the baseline will be $200, so the Mahal won't seem like a big deal. Kind of like gas prices. $3.50 doesn't sound bad right now does it?
Since we've been going strong at $8.65 per gallon for a while now, no, no it doesn't.

We'd let you move over here, but you'd need to get in line behind a few of our fair neighbors from the south. They get first dibs.

Anyone know how long they are running the Mahals this year? Have they sold out of the current run or are they still available? Looks like most of us who ordered this year have received our bag.

One more word of advice: No use pimping this bag in other threads. You either "get it" or you don't. The next "best bag" thread I would love to see no mention at all of the Mahal. We are above that.

You have a very solid point there, usually I'll add the Mahal in there, but it's quickly over looked and passed. There loss, all the Mahal owners already know. Great post Esdubya

Anyone know how long they are running the Mahals this year? Have they sold out of the current run or are they still available? Looks like most of us who ordered this year have received our bag.

One more word of advice: No use pimping this bag in other threads. You either "get it" or you don't. The next "best bag" thread I would love to see no mention at all of the Mahal. We are above that.

still loving my mahal. ive gotten so many compliments on it and when people see it in person, they realize its not as big as it looks in pics. i even got a friend to order one and sell his lat bag too haha. great bag. gonna have my first tourney with it tomorrow so we'll see how it fairs up all loaded for 2 rounds.

I played 3 rounds last Sunday with it and it was great. Only problem is that my body hasn't fully healed from surgery so now I have been hurting and not playing all week. Hope to get a few rounds in tomorrow with it. Should be playing a course with a few more hills, so I'll get a better feel for the waist and chest straps.

I think I made a good first step last night during leagues on trying to secure all of these extra straps.

The main things I was worried about was me or someone else stepping on a plastic buckle and breaking one. Also in muddy or wet conditions all of the hanging down straps could pick up the mud and transfer to my back or my car or ...

So first I looked at the waist belt and thought what the heck to I do with this thing when I don't want to use it? There is no pocket or place to easily stuff the excess length and buckle.

100898_g.jpg

I ended up looping it over the yoke and buckling it on top.

100899_g.jpg

This looks like it will keep the buckles off the ground nicely and it is easy to unbuckle and use if I want to..

Second problem was the umbrella straps. I'm really worried about these picking up mud and also stepping on the buckles. I looped them around the side cinch strap and then bucked it back in. I think it works pretty well..

100897_g.jpg

and

100896_g.jpg

And the final problem I figured out was where the heck to keep a pencil? Look back in the 1st photo posted.. I stuck it in the shoulder strap in the back near the top. Seems to be pretty snug in there but we'll see how that holds up over time..

Another observation:
I'm using the chest strap much more than I thought i would. It really helps to transfer that weight off your shoulders and more onto your chest. This bag rocks.

umm the unbrella straps are onthe sides not the bottom . otherwise i love what you did with the straps. ive done the same about tucking away the smaller ones. nice idea for the pencil stash. i might try that. im sure theres plenty spots to put pencils

Yeah the side ones can be used with a open or closed umbrella. Open you can wear the pack and not get wet. It has to be a tall umbrella though. I'll probably use the front ones for a stool.

I rolled my waist belt up and sinched it between the folds of the side compartments when they are collapsed.

Im soon to be joining the kool kids. Ordered my Mahal last Friday and just received my tracking number yesterday saying it will be here this Friday!! Im freaking giddy with excitement and glad I only had to wait one week.

Will post pics of her loaded up once I get my Mahal. I ordered the OD Green.

I'm totally using all of those ideas on the straps. I can't wait to get home and do this. The more and more I use my bag, the happier my back is and I'm not as tired as I normally am. Jgillia you are going to be so blown away with the Mahal!

Latest posts