• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection

May I ask. Who was the volunteer?

Jason...that's all I know. He kept bugging us to refill his Aderal "prescription" while we were setting up camp by Chestnut. Kept coming around and said he could take our payment to save us time, too. We declined and payed up in the lock box.

Jason...that's all I know. He kept bugging us to refill his Aderal "prescription" while we were setting up camp by Chestnut. Kept coming around and said he could take our payment to save us time, too. We declined and payed up in the lock box.

Did he do any freestyle a cappella rapping perchance?

I worked on the property in the summer of 2006... Jason was the first name that came to mind. And not because there were two of them there that summer. That dude was an interesting time...

I worked on the property in the summer of 2006... Jason was the first name that came to mind. And not because there were two of them there that summer. That dude was an interesting time...

Lots of "interesting" up there at HBH by all accounts... how far to Black River Falls? ( Wisconsin Death Trip and all that...;) )

Lots of "interesting" up there at HBH by all accounts... how far to Black River Falls? ( Wisconsin Death Trip and all that...;) )
Haha that summer was "interesting." Four of us, me, two Jasons, and a Dan. Hendrickson, Dan, and I showed up in May sometime and were set up in what I think you're calling now the bunkhouse. We lived in there while we put in insulation, put up drywall, painted... I'd get bored at like 2am and just start painting the ceiling. We got the doors installed on the building during the second month there. I woke up one morning and walked into the lil clubhouse didn't realize a tick had decided to embed itself in my forehead over night until someone told me. Lots of campers showing up with various things to imbibe and lots of night rounds of golf. Lots of weed whipping. My dumb ass breaking a mower blade because shorter grass on the greens looked cooler. Getting all of our drinking water on semi-daily trips to nearby aquifers. Wouldn't trade the experience for the world.

Knowing Toms personality . . . I am excited for the future of Highbridge. I am already working on plans to host a tournament at Highbridge this summer/fall. I also am planning to host a Team Disc Golf Experience weekend there with my entire team. I will also be offering any assistance Tom needs to help get more people up there, if he needs assistance in addressing maintenance issues of the past. I am a long work history in property maintenance and might have some techniques or possible specialty equipment that might make the job easier. I would also like to put together a work party of sorts to bring anyone who wants to volunteer for a weekend to help get the course into perfect condition for the start of the 2019 season. Ill be talking to Tom about those details in the near future too.

Always wanted to make the 3 hour trip up there. Haven't had the chance to yet. However, if volunteer hours are needed, I would love to come up and lend a hand!

As long as it's not all work, no play!

I am already looking forward to all the developments in this new thread. The HBH saga is easily my favorite on this site. Will never in a million years make the trek but I've said it before & I'll say it again- the backstory and triumph here would make an awesome variation of a Caddyshack screenplay.

Latest posts