• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Take a miracle, but wouldn't it be amazing if the original course designer showed up one day with all of his original alt position notes spilling out of his dusty old course design notebooks?

Sigh...one can dream I reckon... but this entire thing has been built off of the sweat of dreamers :thmbup:

I think you could convince CK to help once JJ is totally out of the picture. What do you say Chuck?

Blueberry Hill is in my top three courses EVER! I would never care if there was camping or facilities as long as I could play Blueberry, it would be awesome. All the extras are nice, but not really necessary when you have a great course design as the foundation.

Other 2?

As far as I know, this is not the first time that Mountain Man has tried to get involved in a positive manner at Highbridge.

Rescue -Recovery -Resurrection - Mecca

I very ...relieved... to announce that I've negotiated an agreement to purchase Highbridge Hills from the real owners of the property.

The recovery is going to be the roughest stage.

During the transition I would strongly suggest not sending any money to anyone for anything HB Hills related

I'm super busy right now up but I'll be back.

Tom "Mountain Man" Wincse

Last edited:
I very ...relieved... to announce that I've negotiated an agreement to purchase Highbridge Hills from the real owners of the property.

The EVICTION is going to be the roughest stage.

During the transition I would strongly suggest not sending any money to anyone for anything HB Hills related

Holy crap!! Fantastic news, MM. Good for you. Looks like you bought yourself a mountain man' worth of work. I cannot send you enough good wishes.

The word is that MM is making a deal with Roger to purchase the greater property. John only owns a small part (a few acres) in actuality. I'm sure he will be offered a fair price for them! I don't see any way that John or Abby will be working there in the future. Those who own a few acres there (like me) will not lose anything and most stand to gain a disc golf venue like they were expecting in the first place.

This is really good news. I was only able to make it there once, but would rank both Blueberry and Granite as two of the top courses that I have ever played. If I could throw with more distance, I am sure I would have appreciated Gold more as well.

Once you are up and running, I will try to get a group of guys to go up and support you. Best of luck.

Congrats Tom! You've got friends in SW Ohio who will be watching this transition with a keen eye. Please reach out/DM if we can assist in any way. We might head up this summer depending on the property status.

As a serious competitor in a PDGA Major competition - other top courses would be Nockamixon, PA, Northwood Park, IL, Winthrop Gold. Also Oakwood, MN, Moraine SP, PA, UAH Huntsville, AL....

But we don't need to chit chat here anymore.

Long Live Highbridge Hills...Hip, Hip Hooray!:hfive:<3<3<3

<3:hfive:

As a serious competitor in a PDGA Major competition - other top courses would be Nockamixon, PA, Northwood Park, IL, Winthrop Gold. Also Oakwood, MN, Moraine SP, PA, UAH Huntsville, AL....

But we don't need to chit chat here anymore.

Long Live Highbridge Hills...Hip, Hip Hooray!:hfive:<3<3<3

<3:hfive:

Interesting that you put Oakwood in there. That's a fun course, but (IMHO) doesn't really rate much above a 3.5.

It's a little methy and there's garbage everywhere.

Fun golf, but :\

Interesting that you put Oakwood in there. That's a fun course, but (IMHO) doesn't really rate much above a 3.5.

It's a little methy and there's garbage everywhere.

Fun golf, but :\
Discette may be referring to the version played in the 2001 Pro Worlds here which she helped run. The temp hole 18 was rated the best hole of the event which included special Worlds layouts at Kaposia, CP Adams and North Valley.

Discette may be referring to the version played in the 2001 Pro Worlds here which she helped run. The temp hole 18 was rated the best hole of the event which included special Worlds layouts at Kaposia, CP Adams and North Valley.

Ahhhh, that makes more sense. I've always liked Oakwood, but it's always paled in comparison to Kaposia and CP Adams.

Thanks, Chuck!

Incredible news! I was just talking with a friend about trips I've taken to HBH around the 2012 era and we had so much fun. I bragged that we went for a whole weekend and didn't play the same hole twice. All those courses all day and Glow golf the night in between.

I thought I'd never have a reason to go back and taint those fond memories. I'm beyond excited to go back and pay a premium weekend pass rate for what that place should be worth.