• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Duluth, Highbridge, Sandy Point, Wausau, Stevens Point

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Taking a little road trip with some friends this week. The tentative plan is to travel from Duluth to Highbridge and then play some courses heading south through Wisconsin. I've been to Highbridge before so I plan to play to Gold, Blueberry and Granite. All of the rest of the courses will be new.

Friday- Duluth- Mont Du Lac- White Cedar and Eagle's Peak
Saturday- unfortunately rain in the forcast- one of my friends lives in Duluth so we spend saturday partially indoors
Sunday- Highbridge
Monday- more Highbridge, Sandy Point
Tuesday- Wausau and Stevens Point- Big Eau Pleine, Standing Rocks, Yulga

Is this doable? Am I missing anything?

Taking a little road trip with some friends this week. The tentative plan is to travel from Duluth to Highbridge and then play some courses heading south through Wisconsin. I've been to Highbridge before so I plan to play to Gold, Blueberry and Granite. All of the rest of the courses will be new.

Saturday- unfortunately rain in the forcast- one of my friends lives in Duluth so we spend saturday partially indoors
Sunday- Highbridge

Its doable but you wont do Highbridge justice. Play in the rain on Saturday is my advice. :thmbup: should be a really fun trip though. Have you played Du Lac and Highbridge before?

That last day is going to be pretty brutal in my opinion. But you guys have much better arms and knees than I do for some reason :)

I highly recommend Standing Rocks and Yulga. Two very beautiful courses and very different from one another. It may be tough if you decide to play all 3 loops at Standing Rocks after the other two though. I haven't been to Big Eau Pleine, but I'd probably play Yulga last - nice and flat for the most part.

Also, if it's raining, I'd recommend going and skateboarding that mini ramp under the bridge! I love that thing haha.

Plan on a long day Tuesday as BEP is a longer course and Standing Rocks has 33 holes. Rocks takes us 3+ hours for a foursome and a reasonable pace.

If I had to put those three in order of "must play" would be Rocks, BEP then yulga.

I'd consider two days at Highbridge, then try to do Sandy Point, BEP and SR the last day. SR is a lot of holes, but it's not crazy long...so weary arms won't get killed so bad.

Inevitably, there's going to be a Highbridge course you'll want to play more than once.

I've never played Mont Du Lac but I have been to Highbridge. We will probably venture to Highbridge on Saturday so we will end up spending parts of three days and two nights there.

I will leave Yulga for last then, and play as much as we can.

But you guys have much better arms and knees than I do for some reason :)

My arm is terrible, I just wanna play some beautiful courses. :)

Thanks for the advice everyone! Looks like there is camping on site at BEP so I plan to drive on and stay there Monday night.

Du Lac is a beast of a work out if you play both course. Bring lots of water and bug spray. It is an awesome course that really doesn't get enough attention IMO. You will be tired after a full 36 holes there. I am in really good shape and like courses that are physically demanding. Du Lac is probably in the top 3 most physically demanding course i have ever played but it is well worth the effort.

Yep one of the best ass kickings in DG. My favorite course maybe of all time when it comes to the golf.

For the love of GOD, bring bug spray to Sandy point. A five gallon drum just might cut it. The course was nice, but I'd never go back just because of the bugs alone.

For the love of GOD, bring bug spray to Sandy point. A five gallon drum just might cut it. The course was nice, but I'd never go back just because of the bugs alone.

Seconded. The bugs are crazy rough at Sandy Point...but if you lather up with the good stuff, the course is fantastic.

Sunday- Highbridge

Now THAT looks like a fun trip:)

Where you guys going to finish Monday? That drive from Sandy Point to Eau Pleine could eat up some DG time.

Also consider Yulga is very crowded in the summer with large groups of youths. Is the option to start on 10 (left of practice basket)

Standing Rocks, Middle and East loops play as a tandem (cross service road) West is the new loop, and plays with itself (phrasing)

Have fun man :)

Thanks for the advice everyone! Looks like there is camping on site at BEP so I plan to drive on and stay there Monday night.

Camping at BEP! Great decision:)

Yellow Banks in Wausau is pretty neat course, if you'd have time Monday

Also, if time allows, Central Waters Brewery is dangerously close to SR!