• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley heads to Duluth finally

lets hear bout today

Played the 2 turtles at West two rivers. Not very exciting. The wooded one was pretty awful.

The back to Duluth for Spirit Mountain and Morgan park. Spirit Mountain was definitely the highlight, basically by default. Wasn't a bad course though. Morgan park was pretty lame. I played it though, so now I never have to again.

All I got left is Carlton and the 2 nines over that way. And Enger but I'll probably skip that one. Get up early Friday to head home and probably bag a couple in Eau Claire.

Played the 2 turtles at West two rivers. Not very exciting. The wooded one was pretty awful.

The back to Duluth for Spirit Mountain and Morgan park. Spirit Mountain was definitely the highlight, basically by default. Wasn't a bad course though. Morgan park was pretty lame. I played it though, so now I never have to again.

All I got left is Carlton and the 2 nines over that way. And Enger but I'll probably skip that one. Get up early Friday to head home and probably bag a couple in Eau Claire.

i couldnt find a few of the baskets at wrenshall

also for hilltop udisc will lead you to this big parking lot but drive a touch north and park in the "visitor" parking at the apartment complex and youll save about 5-10 min of walking

spirit or giants better

I think Spirit Mountain is better golf honestly. But Giant's Ridge has better views, slightly.

Speaking of gps taking you to wrong spots. Google maps took me the top of the hill at Spirit Mountain. No big deal I thought. I'll just follow the road to the bottom. Nope, it took me on a 15 minute detour through some forested area. It was ridiculous lol.

I think Spirit Mountain is better golf honestly. But Giant's Ridge has better views, slightly.

Speaking of gps taking you to wrong spots. Google maps took me the top of the hill at Spirit Mountain. No big deal I thought. I'll just follow the road to the bottom. Nope, it took me on a 15 minute detour through some forested area. It was ridiculous lol.

yah theres multiple entrances lulz

My brother and I played Tower Ridge 1 and Buck Rub in Eau Claire a couple days ago. Both worthy courses to add to the list. Only about 10 minutes apart too. Tower Ridge is on a XC ski area so long tunnel shots but the rough is nicely trimmed and manageable when you stray off the fairway. Buck Rub is in the owner's backyard but he makes great use of limited space. One hole has a raised basket with a spiral staircase to retrieve your disc and some other interesting features.

My brother and I played Tower Ridge 1 and Buck Rub in Eau Claire a couple days ago.

Nice! I am hoping to play those courses and a few others in the not-too-distant future.

But I am sure that Wolfhaley has played the Tower Ridge courses. :)

Last edited:
Nice! I am hoping to play those courses and a few others in the not-too-distant future.

But I am sure that Wolfhaley has played the Tower Ridge courses. :)

I have played the Tower Ridge courses but there's 5 of them I believe that I haven't played over there. Buckrub is one of them. For whatever reason I never get to Eau Claire, even though it's not that far from me. I plan on getting at least 2 of the 5 on my way home.

what happened yesterday

Yesterday we played Hilltop, which only took about 7 minutes. One of the shortest courses I've ever played. Carlton after that. That's a fun course, pretty raw and hodgepodge yet, but fun. Played that awful Wrenshal course after that.

It was only 4 by that point so I figured I'd hit Enger. Got there at 5 and rented a cart. It was cool driving a cart around and all, and it was fun at first. But after waiting forever on the back for a group of 4 golfers to finish up it got old...also cold, really cold. But I got everything in this area besides Mont Du Lac now at least. Off to bag a couple in Eau Claire today.

My brother and I played Tower Ridge 1 and Buck Rub in Eau Claire a couple days ago. Both worthy courses to add to the list. Only about 10 minutes apart too. Tower Ridge is on a XC ski area so long tunnel shots but the rough is nicely trimmed and manageable when you stray off the fairway. Buck Rub is in the owner's backyard but he makes great use of limited space. One hole has a raised basket with a spiral staircase to retrieve your disc and some other interesting features.

The tower courses are fun. I actually kind of prefer tower 2. It's got less elevation, but it's shorter and more technical. Tower 1 seems kind of monotonous sometimes, where it's just long tunnel after long tunnel.

There's a way to play a 27 hole loop thru the pair of them that's probably the best compromise.

The newer Pinehurst course in Eau Claire is basically a baby version of Tower 1 too. Same XC ski type track. Definitely worth a play too.

The tower courses are fun. I actually kind of prefer tower 2. It's got less elevation, but it's shorter and more technical. Tower 1 seems kind of monotonous sometimes, where it's just long tunnel after long tunnel.

There's a way to play a 27 hole loop thru the pair of them that's probably the best compromise.

The newer Pinehurst course in Eau Claire is basically a baby version of Tower 1 too. Same XC ski type track. Definitely worth a play too.

I've played both Tower Ridge courses quite a few times. Those were among the first 15 or 20 courses I'd ever played actually. I agree, I think I like Towers II better too.

St. James and Pinehurst today though. Never played either. Then I need to rest my noodle arm for a few days lol.

I've played both Tower Ridge courses quite a few times. Those were among the first 15 or 20 courses I'd ever played actually. I agree, I think I like Towers II better too.

St. James and Pinehurst today though. Never played either. Then I need to rest my noodle arm for a few days lol.

Neither of those tracks will wear you out too much. Pinehurst has a little length but I don't remember being overwhelmed by it. I'm far from a big arm myself and I remember really enjoying it there. I'm not sure why I've only been there once. I guess I play more in Menomonie these days than Eau Claire.

Yesterday we played Hilltop, which only took about 7 minutes. One of the shortest courses I've ever played. Carlton after that. That's a fun course, pretty raw and hodgepodge yet, but fun. Played that awful Wrenshal course after that.

It was only 4 by that point so I figured I'd hit Enger. Got there at 5 and rented a cart. It was cool driving a cart around and all, and it was fun at first. But after waiting forever on the back for a group of 4 golfers to finish up it got old...also cold, really cold. But I got everything in this area besides Mont Du Lac now at least. Off to bag a couple in Eau Claire today.

7 minutes hahaha

wrenshal was terrible did you find all the baskets

pinehurst is alright but nothing special has rollin hills

they have mtb there too

7 minutes hahaha

wrenshal was terrible did you find all the baskets

All except 4 or 5 I think it was. Totally missed that one somehow. I'm not really sure where it would've been anyway. So we played 7 of 8 total.

Played St. James and Pinehurst today with Jakebake. Pinehurst was solid. Hot as all hell out there today.

All except 4 or 5 I think it was. Totally missed that one somehow. I'm not really sure where it would've been anyway. So we played 7 of 8 total.

Played St. James and Pinehurst today with Jakebake. Pinehurst was solid. Hot as all hell out there today.

wish i was there i coulda showed you wi folks the lines

yall are troopers

hotter than hell today im gettin my minimum steps in and then stayin inside lulz