• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley heads to Duluth finally

26 courses in a week... I'm guessing your still in your 20s?

I wish I was. I'm 37. It's getting harder than it used to be. I'm still good for 80 holes a day though.

I wish I was. I'm 37. It's getting harder than it used to be. I'm still good for 80 holes a day though.

Getting harder... talk to me in 22 years. Just got back from a 5 day 8 course road trip and needed 3 days after to recover. Enjoy your youth... I hope you have good weather for your trip.

Alright, about a month to go for this one. I haven't been on here as much recently. MI trip, bought our first house, promotions for me and the wife, still no wifi etc. Busy month.

So I'm looking at this trip on my phone (not my favorite). I've heard that Trego is open again. It was closed when we stopped there last year because of Covid. So Spirit Mountain wouldn't be day 1, that'd be Trego or Heartwood as it's called on here. A 24 and a 9. Maybe?

Anything I should not miss or even put on the lowest priority? Thoughts, concerns and suggestions are all welcome. I'll update as it plays out. Appreciate all the insight. Still playing Giant's Ridge elmex, deal with it 😁

Alright, about a month to go for this one. I haven't been on here as much recently. MI trip, bought our first house, promotions for me and the wife, still no wifi etc. Busy month.

So I'm looking at this trip on my phone (not my favorite). I've heard that Trego is open again. It was closed when we stopped there last year because of Covid. So Spirit Mountain wouldn't be day 1, that'd be Trego or Heartwood as it's called on here. A 24 and a 9. Maybe?

Anything I should not miss or even put on the lowest priority? Thoughts, concerns and suggestions are all welcome. I'll update as it plays out. Appreciate all the insight. Still playing Giant's Ridge elmex, deal with it 😁

Wow.....congrats on the home and promotions!!

Tjader Acres, west of Trego and Spooner is a great course to play if your in the Trego area. Better than Heartwood in my opinion. I havent played Heartwood in a few years but I remember the rough to be really punishing.

Tjader Acres, west of Trego and Spooner is a great course to play if your in the Trego area. Better than Heartwood in my opinion. I havent played Heartwood in a few years but I remember the rough to be really punishing.

I actually played Tjader last summer for the first time. I agree, that's a great course. Not sure if I can fit in for this trip but I'll be back there for sure.

That seemed be the theme for Heartwood. Thick, thick rough but I gotta play it once at least.

Headed to Duluth today. Maybe bag a few smaller courses. Save some energy for Mont Du Lac on sunday. Plan on playing all 3. Once I play White Cedar I'll have played all of the top 25 WI courses currently. Added Superior Middle School to DGCR an hour or so ago. Maybe play that and take pics and review for tomorrow with a couple others hopefully. Owning a house is cutting into my course bagging lol. Oh well, Mrs. wolf is happy and that's what really matters. I mean, I am too, but mowing grass sucks. Buying a riding mower first thing next year :hfive:

Well my plans kind of went off the rails for this trip. Turns out Mont Du Lac is closed for the whole time I'm up here :( For Bowfest apparently. So I literally picked the worst week possible for this trip. Oh well, gotta make the best of it. Played Superior Municipal Forest, which was pretty solid, yesterday along with Central Park. That one was just meh.

Bagged 6 niners today in some sweltering heat, 5 with elmex. The wife got her second ace ever today too. Her first since she was in high school. So things turned out better than I could've imagined actually. I donked a drive off the yellow band of a Discatcher today at Lincoln Park. Would've loved that one to stick, but so much happier the wife got one. The Quarry was actually a pretty cool course too. Really enjoyed that one. Off to Hibbing tomorrow. Really looking forward to Judson Mine.

Well my plans kind of went off the rails for this trip. Turns out Mont Du Lac is closed for the whole time I'm up here :( For Bowfest apparently. So I literally picked the worst week possible for this trip. Oh well, gotta make the best of it. Played Superior Municipal Forest, which was pretty solid, yesterday along with Central Park. That one was just meh.

Bagged 6 niners today in some sweltering heat, 5 with elmex. The wife got her second ace ever today too. Her first since she was in high school. So things turned out better than I could've imagined actually. I donked a drive off the yellow band of a Discatcher today at Lincoln Park. Would've loved that one to stick, but so much happier the wife got one. The Quarry was actually a pretty cool course too. Really enjoyed that one. Off to Hibbing tomorrow. Really looking forward to Judson Mine.

great memories

and f travis tritt

tell us about today

Will do. It stormed when we got up by Hibbing so we had to wait it out a couple hours. Stopped around 1 probably. Drove up to Side Lake and started with that. Glad we went, really fun course.

Then to North Hibbing which is actually nine holes. Not bad, not great. Chisholm next. Nothing special but a fun park style 18. Had a little extra time so I figured we'd play the 12 hole one by Virginia. Played that. It was ok. Figured I'd check out the Mesabi range college. Pulled in one lot and seen 2 baskets but it looked like something was smoking from an electrical box by the 2 baskets. Tried the main lot and saw 3 temp baskets laying on there sides in the open field. Said screw that.

Then we tried the Evelyn 9. I tried a I'll advised sidearm on hole 1. Didn't go well. Spend 20 minutes looking to no avail and Alyssa got stung by a bee while looking. Ran out of daylight by then so I'll have to try again Wednesday.

So, a success? Kind of.

Will do. It stormed when we got up by Hibbing so we had to wait it out a couple hours. Stopped around 1 probably. Drove up to Side Lake and started with that. Glad we went, really fun course.

Then to North Hibbing which is actually nine holes. Not bad, not great. Chisholm next. Nothing special but a fun park style 18. Had a little extra time so I figured we'd play the 12 hole one by Virginia. Played that. It was ok. Figured I'd check out the Mesabi range college. Pulled in one lot and seen 2 baskets but it looked like something was smoking from an electrical box by the 2 baskets. Tried the main lot and saw 3 temp baskets laying on there sides in the open field. Said screw that.

Then we tried the Evelyn 9. I tried a I'll advised sidearm on hole 1. Didn't go well. Spend 20 minutes looking to no avail and Alyssa got stung by a bee while looking. Ran out of daylight by then so I'll have to try again Wednesday.

So, a success? Kind of.

oh no way is she ok

hibbing was 6 holes when i played and i couldnt find the parking "lot"

weird to hear it raining in mn especially rn

hope you got pics of mesabi

Yeah, she took some benadryl. She'll be alright. That bee should've stung me for trying the sidearm on that hole. It was horrendous.

I didn't take pictures of Mesabi. That's basically not a course anymore. I did of the 12 hole one and Chisholm.

Giant's Ridge first thing tomorrow. I'm pumped lol. Then the 3 9's closest to it. Maybe the snapping turtle and painted turtle too.

Yeah, she took some benadryl. She'll be alright. That bee should've stung me for trying the sidearm on that hole. It was horrendous.

I didn't take pictures of Mesabi. That's basically not a course anymore. I did of the 12 hole one and Chisholm.

Giant's Ridge first thing tomorrow. I'm pumped lol. Then the 3 9's closest to it. Maybe the snapping turtle and painted turtle too.

rip

minnesotas 4th best course on here dontchaknow

could spend the extra day around the brainerd area and bag those courses but they all suck besides breezy point and some 9 hole that i cant remember the name of

not the worst cluster of courses ive played tho

I want to be fresh for Judson on Wednesday so I'll get whatever I can tomorrow. Tbh I don't even know where Brainerd is but it's too far for me on this one. I don't think Giants ridge will be 4 after tomorrow though if it's as bad as you say it is lol.

I want to be fresh for Judson on Wednesday so I'll get whatever I can tomorrow. Tbh I don't even know where Brainerd is but it's too far for me on this one. I don't think Giants ridge will be 4 after tomorrow though if it's as bad as you say it is lol.

ill get my popcorn ready

Another day in the books. Perfect weather too. Giant's Ridge, Babbitt DGC, Red pine run, Pine Grove park and Judson Mine. I liked Giant's Ridge. Judson Mine is absolutely gorgeous. The other 3 were all OK. The Red pine run was probably the best of the 3 nines. Successful day.

Heading back to Duluth tomorrow. Playing the painted turtle and snapping turtle courses before we head back. Probably Spirit Mountain then back in Duluth. Should hit up the rest over there Thursday, besides Enger.

Latest posts