• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley goes west finally, sort of

Comparable to the Pond?? Valk Kid's review caught my eye too.. You have most forgot after the courses in Montana and Paterson lake!

No, not like the pond. Lions is pretty hilly and there's no water in play. It's just a solid, city park course with some elevation. I'd give it a 2.5 to 3.

Day 4 done. Played High Sierra, my first actual prairie course. I mean we have prairies in WI, but this felt like it was from an old western kind of prairie. It was alright.

The we played Hilner park, the last course we had to play in Billings. Pretty fun little 9. Longest hole was about 270 so just a bunch of ace runs. I liked it. Played it twice even.

My legs are SOOO sore from the X yesterday. Still. Resting up the rest of the day and heading to Gillette WY in the morning. Hoping to get 4 courses in tomorrow.

What did y'all play at Diamond X then?

"""
Today I played the Red Tees 1-9 and 10-18 on the Blue Side

Lunch Munch

Played 1 & 2 Green, threw to 3 Red from where the big rocks are on the main pedestrian Path (easy 6 :p)

Played the Green Pads 4-9

Played the Black Side

Walked the Rim Trail to 10 Blue, and played all the Tees over there I didn't the first loop

Threw 18 Blue to Green 2s Basket, cause that Basket is just so Awesome looking down there :D

A thoroughly fulfilling Goodbye Round

What did y'all play at Diamond X then?

"""
Today I played the Red Tees 1-9 and 10-18 on the Blue Side

Lunch Munch

Played 1 & 2 Green, threw to 3 Red from where the big rocks are on the main pedestrian Path (easy 6 :p)

Played the Green Pads 4-9

Played the Black Side

Walked the Rim Trail to 10 Blue, and played all the Tees over there I didn't the first loop

Threw 18 Blue to Green 2s Basket, cause that Basket is just so Awesome looking down there :D

A thoroughly fulfilling Goodbye Round

To be honest I'm not sure what colors we played in what order. That's so confusing. We just followed Brent and Throwbot 😁

We started at the bottom (red maybe) then played the 9 holes on the East side. We threw drives down for that hole 18, but didn't play that hole.

Then we played that basket on the cliffs edge from a different tee. Then played the rest up top around the west side and finished with the hole 18 on that side.

I think 🤔

Then my legs hurt for the next 2 days. 😐

Days 5 and 6 in the books.

Day 5. Played Hardin community DGC in MT, then Sheltered Acres DGC, and the 2 courses in Gillette WY. 56 holes.

Day 6. Took a trip to Devil's tower, which is just awesome. Such a unique sight. After that decided to skip the Black hills college course and play Center of the nation DGC. Good call I think. Played Spearfish Canyon after that, which is a fantastic course. So, so good. Topped it off with the little 9 in Sturgis. Meh. 54 holes. Up to 18 courses played. Ahead of schedule even.

To be honest I'm not sure what colors we played in what order. That's so confusing. We just followed Brent and Throwbot 😁

We played Red 1-8, then Green 9 (cliff hole, that's the only Hole 9 available right now). Green 9 might be called Red 9 now, since that's how it rolls.

Then Black 10-17, then threw the tee shots on Black 18. And then I left :(

Then y'all played alternate tee to the cliff pin, then Blue 10-18. And I'm not sure if Yinz played the bonus Green 1-3 backwards, or back to the practice basket, or what.

Good to throw with you! Glad that the trip is going well :thmbup:

Days 5 and 6 in the books.

Day 5. Played Hardin community DGC in MT, then Sheltered Acres DGC, and the 2 courses in Gillette WY. 56 holes.

What did you think of Hardin? That stood out to me as one of the most depressing course I've ever played, due to the surrounding area and the blandness of the disc golf. Just gave me a weird feeling. Even without the guy hiding/chilling behind the shipping container.

We started at the bottom (red maybe) then played the 9 holes on the East side. We threw drives down for that hole 18, but didn't play that hole.

Then we played that basket on the cliffs edge from a different tee. Then played the rest up top around the west side and finished with the hole 18 on that side.

I think 🤔

Then my legs hurt for the next 2 days. 😐

Is that the same Layout you played Tuesday too then?

What did you think of Hardin? That stood out to me as one of the most depressing course I've ever played, due to the surrounding area and the blandness of the disc golf. Just gave me a weird feeling. Even without the guy hiding/chilling behind the shipping container.

One hundred percent agree with this assessment.

I didn't see a guy hiding behind a shipping container though. But a sheriff's truck came by and shooed away a group of 8 to 10 sketchy looking folks sitting under the trees by 8's fairway.

I'd have my Head examined if I spent two days in Billings playing a bunch of DG, but only 1 round at Diamomd X :p

Gotta conserve my energy for the rest of the trip. Plus it's not all up to me 😐

I'd have my Head examined if I spent two days in Billings playing a bunch of DG, but only 1 round at Diamomd X :p

At least that's better than having to drive right past it, and keep on driving. That's what I have to do next week.
OIP.b7sr-xLf92vMiUul0pZucAHaFY

Days 7 and 8 done.

Day 7:
Pageant Hill first thing in the morning. Excellent course. Not as good as Spearfish imo, just a notch below. Decided to drive down to Angostura DGC. Beautiful park right on a big reservoir. The course was ok, stupid windy out though. Then back to Rapid City to play Jackson park and Omaha park. Jackson was nice and Omaha was a typical city park 9.

Day 8:
LaCroix DGC in the morning, it's ok. Then Douglas schools DG arboretum, it's terrible. Headed east toward Mitchell SD.

Decided to stop in Presho and play that 9. It was ok, quick bag at least. Then to Mitchell. Played both Dry Run Creek DGC and Kiwanis woodlot park. Both were pretty decent. 27 courses played so far I believe, so not bad.

Montana and Dakota folks might like to know...

Makoshika has a second Course going in, up top by Cap Rocks trailhead. Has Tone Poles until next year, and they're playing it for Sunday Leagues :)

Day 9's a wrap.

Drove from Mitchell SD to Jackson MN. Stopped in Sioux Falls and played Tomar park which was pretty awful. Spencer park next. That one was a really nice 9er. Tuthill third. That's a solid city park 18 with some decent elevation on a few holes. Enjoyable for sure. Big Sioux Rec after that. I thoroughly enjoyed that one. On the shorter side but so fun, tight, technical golf. I'd play that one again for sure. Bagged Pioneer park last. Short little park 9. Quick bag but solid. Stupid windy out all day.

Headed home tomorrow since it's supposed to storm all day anyway. Disappointed I won't be able to play the Cedar Creek courses but I want to actually enjoy them. If the rain lets up I'll try to bag a couple on the way back. We'll see, not looking promising though.

If not, 32 courses in 9 days. That's 2 off of what I had planned for 11 days so we did good I think.

Latest posts