• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley goes west finally, sort of

I'll put the dates down as well. I should be moved back to Billings by then. Taking the following week off so won't be able to swing an all day deal but will shoot to be available to play the X. Happy to hit some other rando pelts if time/itinerary allows.

Excellent to hear!!! I would most likely be down to hit some of the other courses around Billings too. It didn't look to be too many, but I assume Diamond X will be a grueling round, so one play there should be plenty. Plus, I'm of the the school that'll play whatever is around. :D

Also, where the heck has casey been? I finally want to play some courses by him and he's AWOL. I'd play a round with him for sure.

Re: the final leg of your journey, I'd try to find a way to play Kenue Park/Okoboji Gold in Okoboji, IA but especially the three Cedar Creek courses in Fairmont, MN on I90.

"Gone west" is a common euphemism that means the same thing as "got stuck on a roof" does in frisbee terminology so this thread title is messing with me erry time.

Re: the final leg of your journey, I'd try to find a way to play Kenue Park/Okoboji Gold in Okoboji, IA but especially the three Cedar Creek courses in Fairmont, MN on I90.

I was looking at those Cedar Creek courses. It'll depend how much I have left in the tank at that point. They piqued my interest for sure though.

Cedar creek is killer. The local club maintains them beautifully, each course has its own flavor, and all 3 are well worth playing. I could probably hook you up with a local if you wanted a guide

Cedar creek is killer. The local club maintains them beautifully, each course has its own flavor, and all 3 are well worth playing. I could probably hook you up with a local if you wanted a guide

I'll check them out further when I get home. I should be able to navigate those fine. I was more worried about Diamond X's navigation. It'll depend on how many days I'll have too.

For me anyway, it's not necessarily about navigation - of course I like course bagging, but just as much or even more I like getting to know the local crowd, especially if it's someone involved in the upkeep/design of the course. Nothing better than some insider information and making new friends, and it doesn't hurt if they know their way around so I don't have to reference a map, but I know that's not for everybody if you're trying to play quick and not wanting to rely on others.

There's definitely some spots on each course that are going to be pretty confusing, but modern methods of navigation likely alleviate that.

whats the new agenda looking like

i gotta give my five cents worth

Basically how I had it planned. I'll probably see if I can fit in Cedar Creek now too. And Sunset.

Basically how I had it planned. I'll probably see if I can fit in Cedar Creek now too. And Sunset.

ill try not to nitpick

just so you know youll need a sd state parks pass for big sioux and also for powerhouse its $8 a day or $36 yearly pass

cedar creek is an awesome complex

sunset in mandan sucked imo way too open and was windy and luckily the grass was dead when i played it and overall it had some elevation

hillside in bismarck has my vote

patterson has my next vote

ill try not to nitpick

just so you know youll need a sd state parks pass for big sioux and also for powerhouse its $8 a day or $36 yearly pass

cedar creek is an awesome complex

sunset in mandan sucked imo way too open and was windy and luckily the grass was dead when i played it and overall it had some elevation

I'll browse them some more before I go. I always end up changing my mind. Is Hillside a 9?

How was Jamestown?

I'll browse them some more before I go. I always end up changing my mind. Is Hillside a 9?

How was Jamestown?

hillside is 9 that could be summarized as riverside in stc became 9 holes and as run down as calvary in stc feels

that whole nd 94 stretch was frustrating for me besides montana

jamestown whooped my ass completely it was windy af out and drizzlin at times pretty grueling course i thought yall were just bein melodramatic or used to those 9ers around there but i was humbled

i also stopped in at a course i realized i played before :wall:

jamestown whooped my ass completely it was windy af out and drizzlin at times pretty grueling course i thought yall were just bein melodramatic or used to those 9ers around there but i was humbled

I told ya. It was stupid windy when we were there too. One of the toughest courses I've played. My original plan was to play it twice. That wasn't gonna happen.

I hope you saved some shots for next weekend. Chain's Edge bruh. Pew pew :thmbup:

I told ya. It was stupid windy when we were there too. One of the toughest courses I've played. My original plan was to play it twice. That wasn't gonna happen.

it was kinda in some ways like delagoon in fergus falls

those courses wipe me out

I hope you saved some shots for next weekend. Chain's Edge bruh. Pew pew :thmbup:

rain or shine

Excellent to hear!!! I would most likely be down to hit some of the other courses around Billings too. It didn't look to be too many, but I assume Diamond X will be a grueling round, so one play there should be plenty. Plus, I'm of the the school that'll play whatever is around. :D

Sweet. Diamond X is a good hike for sure but if it's not too hot out, shouldn't be grueling. Caveat - if you throw frisbees off of cliffs and have to hike to get them back - that can be grueling. And yeah, whatever else there's energy and daylight for. The remaining courses are not great, maybe not even good lol, but easy and quick to bag.

..sunset in mandan sucked imo way too open and was windy and luckily the grass was dead when i played it and overall it had some elevation

Was wondering if Sunset might not be your cup of tea. Definitely an open course but I loved the elevation play and some of multi throw holes. ThrowBot, Stardoggy and I got pretty lucky from a weather standpoint when we played it last year. Mild temps and barely a breath of wind which isn't the norm for ND.

And Stardoggy poached Hillside the night before we got into Bismarck so we got hosed out of that one :shakesfist:

I'll probably hit that route again this year to clean up the trash pelts we missed last time and replay the Reservoir, maybe Iwen if I loop that far. I'm a glutton for punishment and the reservoir course, as noted, will punish.

booked and set. Until it isn't.

Sept. 11th to Bismarck ND
-General Sibley Park

Sept. 12th to Billings MT
-Patterson Lake DGC
-Makoshika State Park

Sept. 13th & 14th- Billings MT
-Diamond X
-High Sierra
-Hilner Park
-Pioneer Park Summer
-Emmanuel Baptist Church
-First Congregational Church DGC

Sept. 15th to Gillette WY
-Hardin Community DGC
-Dalbey Memorial Park
-Energey Rotary Club DGC

Sept. 16th and 17th
-Spearfish Canyon Disc Golf
-Black Hills State U
-Sturgis DGC
-Jackson Park DGC
-Pagaent Hill
-Lacroix DGC

Sept. 18th to Mitchell SD
-Powerhouse Alley
-Steamboat
-Presho DGC
-Dry Run Creek DGC

Sept. 19th to Jackson MN
-Tuthill Park
-Big Sioux Rec. Area DGC
-Pioneer Park
-Spencer Park
-Tomar Park

Sept. 20th to Lakeville MN
-Cedar Creek-East
-Cedar Creek-Central
-Cedar Creek-West

Sept. 21st to home
-New Market DGC
-Living Waters Church
-Alimagnet Lake Park DGC
-New Life Academy

And a shout out to my MT guides who unselfishly took up my offer to guide me around the X. Greatly appreciated. :thmbup:

And elmex hit me up if you want some sloppy seconds. Or if you wanna hit up Cedar Creek. All of it. :D