• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley heads to Duluth finally

wolfhaley

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I have nothing better to do at the moment, and also realized I never posted this trip. So here is what's on the agenda.

July 17th-to Superior WI
Spirit Mountain DGC- Duluth MN- 18 holes

July 18th- Mont Du Lac day
Mont Du Lac- White Cedar- Superior WI- 18 holes
Mont Du Lac- Eagle's Peak- Superior WI- 18 holes
Mont Du Lac- Hidden Meadows- Superior WI- 18 holes

July 19th- To Hibbing MN
West Two River's- Painted Turtle- Mountain Iron MN- 9 holes
West Two River's- Snapping Turtle- Mountain Iron MN- 9 holes
Judson Mine DGC- Buhl MN- 18 holes
Chrisholm DGC- Chrisholm MN- 18 holes

July 20th- Hibbing MN
North Hibbing DG Park- Hibbing MN- 6 holes
Giant's Ridge- Biwabik MN- 18 holes
Babbitt DGC- Babbitt MN- 9 holes
Red Pine Run DGC- Babbitt MN- 9 holes
Pine Grove Park- Aurora MN- 9 holes

July 21st- back to Duluth
Blue Heron DGC- Virginia MN- 12 holes
Mesabi Range College- Virginia MN- 9 holes- (listed as private, see what the deal is)
Eveleth DGC- Eveleth MN- 9 holes
U of M Duluth-Duluth MN- 9 holes
Miller Creek- Duluth MN- 9 holes
Lincoln Park DGC- Duluth MN- 9 holes

July 22nd- Duluth
Wrenshall Public School- Wrenshall MN- 9 holes
Carlton Disc Golf Sanctuary- Carlton MN- 18 holes
Hilltop Park- Cloquet MN- 9 holes
Morgan Park- Duluth MN- 7 holes
Superior Municipal Forest- Superior WI- 18 holes

July 23rd- back home
Enger Park- Duluth MN- 18 holes
Central Park- Superior WI- 6 holes

26 courses in a week is the goal here. Should be doable. I know that not all of these are winners. But I'm trying to play as many as I can. Enger Park is a golf course one I'd be more than willing to skip if need be.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Mont Du Lac is my main priorty, Carlton and Judson Mine look solid. And I'm playing Giant's Ridge too. Despite elmex's many warnings not to. ;)

I just played Judson Mine in Buhl. The course is a lot of fun, but the mosquitos are a nightmare. You should enjoy that one a lot Id hope.

the du is just wonderful

why arent you tryna include quarry park

btw when i went to wrenshall i wasnt able to find all the baskets i only played about 5-6 of them

hilltop was surprisingly fun for a short little banger

Looks like a sweet bagging trip!

I have not played Quarry Park but it sounds like an interesting spin.

I just played Judson Mine in Buhl. The course is a lot of fun, but the mosquitos are a nightmare. You should enjoy that one a lot Id hope.

Nice review of the course. I read it the other day. I'm definitely looking forward to that one.

Where are you staying in Duluth? The Mrs and I spent a day and a night down in canal park a few years ago and it was phenomenal all kinds of food/drink options plus a little museum, all walkable.

i called heartwood and allegedly they are now open to the public again

no need to be a "guest" to play

I'll try and get those if I'm not wore out by then. I tried last July after Tjader.

Where are you staying in Duluth? The Mrs and I spent a day and a night down in canal park a few years ago and it was phenomenal all kinds of food/drink options plus a little museum, all walkable.

Not sure off hand. Probably the cheapest hotel I could find knowing me. Definitely going to check out some restaurants over there. Haven't even looked into those yet.

Not sure off hand. Probably the cheapest hotel I could find knowing me. Definitely going to check out some restaurants over there. Haven't even looked into those yet.

Vikre Distillery is right by the lift bridge if you're into craft spirits/cocktails, there's a restaurant/brew pub a couple blocks toward town, OMC smokehouse has decent bbq, and since I've been there a cidery opened but I think that's not in canal park. Kinda hipstery so if you're not into that maybe not your thing.

Oh and Mont du Lac is p. Great.

Last edited:
Optimistic! Some fun stuff on there, white cedar has a special place in my heart

Optimistic is how I plan my trips. I find it better to over plan then have to cut out some of the less desirable ones if need be. If time allows I'll smash some elementary school courses in to pad the stats. :thmbup:

I'm not pretending like this is the end all be all. I doubt I'll be able to hit all of them. What do you think I should prioritize? Mont Du Lac is a must. Would you consider all 3 playable in a day? For comparison, I played 3 Highbridge courses a day, a few times last year.

I thank you for calling them. If you haven't played there yet, we should meet up there sometime and also smash in Tjader while we're at it. If it's late fall I could get you right with god, maybe. Wapo Bible camp son!!! :D

Optimistic is how I plan my trips. I find it better to over plan then have to cut out some of the less desirable ones if need be. If time allows I'll smash some elementary school courses in to pad the stats. :thmbup:

I'm not pretending like this is the end all be all. I doubt I'll be able to hit all of them. What do you think I should prioritize? Mont Du Lac is a must. Would you consider all 3 playable in a day? For comparison, I played 3 Highbridge courses a day, a few times last year.

I have not played hidden meadows yet so can't speak to that. Eagles is just a ski hill course so nothing too big there. White cedar will lull you into thinking it's your run of the mill 2-3 hour epic course but the back 9 is about as extreme as it gets in the Midwest from what I have played.

Sounds like you're spinning solo and motivated to bag new courses so all 3 in a day should be doable.

There's also a warm up/ace run course at the bottom of the hill at mont du lac if you're looking for a 10 minute quickie on the way out!

I have not played hidden meadows yet so can't speak to that. Eagles is just a ski hill course so nothing too big there. White cedar will lull you into thinking it's your run of the mill 2-3 hour epic course but the back 9 is about as extreme as it gets in the Midwest from what I have played.

Sounds like you're spinning solo and motivated to bag new courses so all 3 in a day should be doable.

There's also a warm up/ace run course at the bottom of the hill at mont du lac if you're looking for a 10 minute quickie on the way out!

When I went we played a mix-match started playing Eagles until we got to the top, then hopped onto white cedar starting with that top-of-the-world style downhill throw. Can't remember if we made it to the end of cedar or not.

It'll just be me and the wife, but she can hang with the best of them. She's only 3 courses behind me actually. I didn't know that ace run course was still there. I know it used to be listed on here. If it is, I'll play that for sure. Hidden Meadows will probably be the last of the 3. I think that's the flattest. Probably White Cedar second some I'm warmed up a little at least. If we're too tired or there's bad weather I'll get what's left after we come back from Jibbing. Mont Du Lac is the main reason for this trip. It's kind of embarrassing I haven't played it yet

It's a great spot. Full bar/grill on the bottom, camping and cabins, heard they have been adding some other summer activities and the usual mountain biking and stuff like that.

Would try to potentially look into a Duluth club or something prior, some holes on white cedar have like 5 pin locations and it's hard to tell which is in play at times. Locals might have the info as far as course layout goes.

Latest posts