• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

wolfhaley heads to Duluth finally

Well my plans kind of went off the rails for this trip. Turns out Mont Du Lac is closed for the whole time I'm up here :( For Bowfest apparently. So I literally picked the worst week possible for this trip. Oh well, gotta make the best of it. Played Superior Municipal Forest, which was pretty solid, yesterday along with Central Park. That one was just meh.

Bagged 6 niners today in some sweltering heat, 5 with elmex. The wife got her second ace ever today too. Her first since she was in high school. So things turned out better than I could've imagined actually. I donked a drive off the yellow band of a Discatcher today at Lincoln Park. Would've loved that one to stick, but so much happier the wife got one. The Quarry was actually a pretty cool course too. Really enjoyed that one. Off to Hibbing tomorrow. Really looking forward to Judson Mine.

How was the gravel road going back Superior Municipal Forest?

Last year, it was miles of rutted mess...
Swore my van was going to split in two from all the bumps...

How was the gravel road going back Superior Municipal Forest?

Last year, it was miles of rutted mess...
Swore my van was going to split in two from all the bumps...

It was graded pretty nicely tbh. But I could see how that would be an issue. Not sure what it was like last year, but they have concrete tees now, dual tees even. Great course.

And just so know, I didn't get to play Mont Du Lac. It's on my Camden list. 😡

It was graded pretty nicely tbh. But I could see how that would be an issue. Not sure what it was like last year, but they have concrete tees now, dual tees even. Great course.

And just so know, I didn't get to play Mont Du Lac. It's on my Camden list. 😡

I have not played Mont Du Lac yet either...

When I came through last year with plans to play at least one of the courses, I reconsidered after driving to the top and realized at 56 years old and not in great shape, I let my good sense (and I believe it was hot that day) convince me that I was not ready for that challenge...:thmbdown: