• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Also... "Future Home of the Paul McBeth Disc Golf Training Center Highbridge Hill Disc Golf Megaplex Campus"

That would make sense if "Paul McBeth Disc Golf Training Center" will be a franchise brand. They could be popping up all over the country soon.

I don't know how you can name it anything other than Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Mecca. You would lose way more brand recognition value from changing the name than any degree of negative connotation you would endure by keeping it. Furthermore, it is the mecca. It's been the mecca since Worlds was held there. Some things just name themselves...

I don't know how you can name it anything other than Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Mecca. You would lose way more brand recognition value from changing the name than any degree of negative connotation you would endure by keeping it. Furthermore, it is the mecca. It's been the mecca since Worlds was held there. Some things just name themselves...

Not that my opinion matters but I have to disagree. As a marketer, I believe a rebrand is in order here and I think MM knows that. People have been associating 'Mecca' with it's (poor) history for years and it would probably be good to convey the new ownership via a rebrand. Using the word 'Highbridge' in the new name is enough to maintain enough brand recognition.

I always thought 'Mecca" was a bit cheesy myself.

A good way to convey that this place is under more professional ownership is to give it a more professional name. I liked the suggestion "Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Resort". It's classy, but #1 I think it's still yet to be seen how much of it will be a "resort". Because really the main product here is disc golf, not lodging. #2 That name doesn't quite do enough to communicate/differentiate the new ownership.

Something as simple as "Highbridge Hills Royal Disc Golf". It's probably not exciting anyone but it would serve it's job well. Tagging a new classy word to represent a new beginning without losing brand recognition. It's still Highbridge, but it's different now.

Or if you were going to dare to drop "highbridge" completely, maybe something that pays homage to the land like "Penokee Range Disc Golf". oooo, I like the sound of that.

Don't do the bragging in the name ("mecca"). Let others brag for it

Last edited:
Not that my opinion matters but I have to disagree. As a marketer, I believe a rebrand is in order here and I think MM knows that. People have been associating 'Mecca' with it's (poor) history for years and it would probably be good to convey the new ownership via a rebrand. Using the word 'Highbridge' in the new name is enough to maintain enough brand recognition.

I always thought 'Mecca" was a bit cheesy myself.

A good way to convey that this place is under more professional ownership is to give it a more professional name. I liked the suggestion "Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Resort". It's classy, but #1 I think it's still yet to be seen how much of it will be a "resort". Because really the main product here is disc golf, not lodging. #2 That name doesn't quite do enough to communicate/differentiate the new ownership.

Something as simple as "Highbridge Hills Royal Disc Golf". It's probably not exciting anyone but it would serve it's job well. Tagging a new classy word to represent a new beginning without losing brand recognition. It's still Highbridge, but it's different now.

Or if you were going to dare to drop "highbridge" completely, maybe something that pays homage to the land like "Penokee Range Disc Golf". oooo, I like the sound of that.

Don't do the bragging in the name ("mecca"). Let others brag for it

Penokee Mountain Disc Golf Course & Campground?

Latest posts