• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Milwaukee's Best Light is only slightly less repulsive than Miller Lite and cheaper due to a lack of the advertising dollars spent promoting "Lite". The poor flavor (or lack thereof) pretty much guarantees I won't drink enough to affect my game.

You couldn't pay me to drink miller light.:sick: I would rather be eaten alive by fire ants.

how many people watching this thread are like me thinking "all i need is one more season of an open HBH so that i can go for my first time"? i'm just curious cuz i know that i will jump at the next opportunity to be able to make a reservation and make the trip so that i can make sure i get to experience these courses.

Man, all these replies are making me sleepy! Seems like its nothing but old men recalling their so called "great" memories when they were young. I feel like most of you northerners enjoy your **** craft brew more than discgolf. I'm sure their is another forum for alcoholics, so yall should all go there! I'm here for the goings on of Highbridge Hills, not your sh!t brews and your 20 year old stories that noone gives a flying F about. Keep talking sh!t about my low post count (as if that means anything). I can throw farther than any of you old farts. But go on.....keep derailing another thread. boom roasted old farts!

S
T
F
U

You couldn't pay me to drink miller light.:sick: I would rather be eaten alive by fire ants.

I used to feel the same way. Unfortunately, due to the propensity of my kidneys to produce large numbers of calcium oxalate kidney stones, I try to stick to a low oxalate diet now. Sadly,
craft, dark and draft beer are all in the list of "avoid altogether" when following alow oxalate diet. So now I am limited to light beer and since they are all mostly pretty bland, I select by price. Natural Light, Beast Light, and Lite are generally the least money for the crappy beer I can have.

I used to feel the same way. Unfortunately, due to the propensity of my kidneys to produce large numbers of calcium oxalate kidney stones, I try to stick to a low oxalate diet now. Sadly,
craft, dark and draft beer are all in the list of "avoid altogether" when following a low oxalate diet. So now I am limited to light beer and since they are all mostly pretty bland, I select by price. Natural Light, Beast Light, and Lite are generally the least money for the crappy beer I can have.

craft, dark and draft beer are all in the list of "avoid altogether" when following alow oxalate diet. So now I am limited to light beer and since they are all mostly pretty bland, I select by price. Natural Light, Beast Light, and Lite are generally the least money for the crappy beer I can have.

Hamms Special Light is my beer of choice.

craft, dark and draft beer are all in the list of "avoid altogether" when following a low oxalate diet. So now I am limited to light beer and since they are all mostly pretty bland, I select by price. Natural Light, Beast Light, and Lite are generally the least money for the crappy beer I can have.

Michelob light is pretty good Tripper. Do they still make Shaeffer? Not sure if I spelled it right.

how many people watching this thread are like me thinking "all i need is one more season of an open HBH so that i can go for my first time"? i'm just curious cuz i know that i will jump at the next opportunity to be able to make a reservation and make the trip so that i can make sure i get to experience these courses.

Dread, I sure am. But I would probably need two seasons of DG to make it up there. It was already on my bucket list but this chat makes me think time is limited, even if this re-opening works, for how long? Is it sustainable even with festivals if MM falls sick for real this time?

Since we're both in DFW I'll join you on the trip up. Keep an eye out for Southwest fare sales to Duluth.

I managed to get Flyboy on the played list before it shut down, I don't intend to miss this one either.

Dread, I sure am. But I would probably need two seasons of DG to make it up there. It was already on my bucket list but this chat makes me think time is limited, even if this re-opening works, for how long? Is it sustainable even with festivals if MM falls sick for real this time?

Since we're both in DFW I'll join you on the trip up. Keep an eye out for Southwest fare sales to Duluth.

I managed to get Flyboy on the played list before it shut down, I don't intend to miss this one either.
If you fly to Duluth, you'll likely have a plane change in Minneapolis. By the time you layover, fly to Duluth and drive to Highbridge, you likely would get there just as fast or faster (4 hours) just flying to Minneapolis and renting a car. Plus, if you have the time, you can play several good course options around the Twin Cities.

Ya its a solid day in the car but I35 the whole way almost. Made that drive a few times in one shot. Especially if your planning on camping, driving is the way to go. Im planning on moving down to DFW in a couple weeks with Abby actually

So with all the cheap beer talk I had to think back to my dad's formidable beer can collection. He has had it covering the walls of the basement since I was a kid. He had stories about so many cans. In particular he would point out what he described as the most disgusting beer he ever had - "OUR BEER". I can't tell you how many times he told me that. So this thread led me to google and I found an image of said can, and guess where it was brewed - FREAKING WISCONSIN. Hilarious. Huber Brewing was the company and the tag line on the can..."Brewed with sparkling pure Wisconsin water"... classic.

Im planning on moving down to DFW in a couple weeks with Abby actually

Words cannot begin to describe how disappointed you will be with our courses in comparison.

Even on days it's not 100+ degrees or playing in 2 inches of mud, there are NO courses here that likely compare with the worst one at Highbridge.

Latest posts