• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

Didn't he make a similar announcement last year to try to attract investment?

I mean, it's not surprising with as remote as that place is that they have trouble getting enough paying customers. I guess I'm just hoping this isn't truely the end of the line.
Usually I refrain from "I told ya so", but I don't see any harm this time around.

Really glad to hear that Highbridge lives to ride another day. The saga continues!

The whole thing is goofy and has a real Boy-who-cried-wolf element to it.... but, fuck it... I'm glad I'll have another year to try to get there.

One of these years I'll be able to follow through on my hope to return to play the property. Those courses are truly wonderful. The property is amazing and @Cgkdisc is a hell of a designer.

I have only played there once, and that was about 2 years ago. The Honka House was interesting, to say the least and not at all what we were expecting. Biggest problem is that John was trying to maintain most everything alone...and that's just too much for one guy. It does surprise me a little about the lack of communication becasue when we were there all he wanted to do was talk and talk and talk and talk. He was always around.

All that being said, We arrived on a Monday and played Blueberry which was in the process of being mowed. Played Granite Ridge the next day and it was mowed and awesome. Then we played Blueberry again and it was awesome.

In essence, I can completely understand how it has become a bit run-down. I hate to hear it though. Granite Ridge was my favorite, and definitely one of the 2 best courses I have ever played. Blueberry and the Gold Course are not far behind so I wouldn't say the ratings are inflated. Maybe you just had some unlucky timing or (most likely) the scope of up-keep has simply passed John's capabilities.
JJ Is FINNISH ! Never Finishes Anything , When He Blah's , One Should Think " You got to be Jokening Me ! So Glad Mountain Man Took The Reigns . And Now 2023 , Mountain Man Got Some Investor's To Really Take it To The Next Level ! Like I said 3 Years Ago , Sandy Point Is Heaven , But HighBridge Hills Is Ectasy !

I will prioritize this as soon as my legs can handle it.

Tom posted a message about "letting go" and days later deleted his Facebook account. Anyone know what's going on?

Don Ticknor posted an update on FB. Mountain Man is stepping away and an acquisition group is being formed to buy and operate Highbridge Hills. According to Don, the buy in is 50K.
Where is this info from? If possible can you post the information and source? It would be nice to follow the saga and get additional info, if possible.

MM posted on Facebook this morning:

I really need your help. Without going into any specifics, I can share that the current Investor Group effort is struggling to meet our goals.
I'm still working very hard at trying to structure some type of deal, working with some very committed investors. We're working on solutions by utilizing what we currently have available to work with. We're still trying our very best to ultimately make this avenue come to fruition.
Here's where I need your help, with a poll question. Please share and respond, the answers will help tremendously, because time is running out on making some big decisions.
Question: A or B, and why?
A: Disc golf and camping at Highbridge Hills would be saved for perpetuity IF The Bear and Woodland Greens were sold .
B: Highbridge Hills Disc Golf finally closes.
I'm sorry for all the uncertainty still surrounding the hills future. I will get this sorted out and either way these decisions will be made soon. There will be an announcement or hopefully big announcements coming out the first week of December.
Thanks in advance. Love you all. Mountain Man
"For the good of the greater good of the whole!"

Well.....shit. I love the brutal nature of Bear. And I think a trip to HH, without the respite of Woodland Greens, would be a huge subtraction. I would be less likely to make the trek, to nowhere, for Blueberry, Gold and Granite. Not to dismiss the quality and quantity of these, as a destination, but now several other destinations become its rival. Newer, more polished, unplayed adventures.....as close to home, with more additional amenities around the area. I wish I had a solution. SMH....tis just a shame.

I'm not sure "perpetuity" is an appropriate word in a Highbridge Hills discussion.

I wish them all the best. It's a difficult formula, to make a private course work in a remote location, let alone a facility of this scope (5 courses, or even 3 for that matter). And there are a lot more "destinations" than existed when HH was first launched. The fact that they're talking about investors hints at needing a return on investment, which makes it even trickier.